Henry Melton to Visit Hawks this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
This would be an sweet, sweet addition to the roster. That front line would destroy some offensive lines. If the market isn't there for Melton a one year prove it deal the same as Bennet's would be good for both sides.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think it needs to be a 2-3 year deal for it to be a steal. At 27 turning 28 soon this guy has had proven he can penetrate and rack up some sacks. If McDonald can get 5.5 scaks with our DL and the noise of the CLINK than Melton could push 10 sacks. He already has 7 and 6 sack seasons and last year would have been one of the biggest FA additions on the market. I think most would have chosen him over Avril and Bennett.

Right now hs market is low because of the injury, it happend int he first 1/4 of the season so he should be ready to go by camp but might never get to 100% this year. Getting him at about $5mil a season for two season woudl be amazing, in 2015 when he comes into the season at 100% he will be a steal.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Come on JS! Zach Miller restructure and Melton in one day would be awesome

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3mgwazkk said:
Come on JS! Zach Miller restructure and Melton in one day would be awesome

Agree with this, have everything crossed for this to happen today! Its early yet, its what, just coming to 2pm in the pnw right now? Plenty of time.

godawg

Reaction score
I hope this isn't another John Abraham visit to Egypt to jack the price up.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I wanted this to happen last year so dang badly when it was a pipe dream...now, PLEASE SIGN MELTON!

plyka

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":2ysr6xt2 said:
Simplified Summary from the two main football websites this week:

NFL.com "Seahawks focusing on under-the-radar players for cheap deals"

ESPN.com "Seahawks losing all their players, won't be able to repeat.... Give Denver the Lombardi already"

Will save you a lot of time, ESPN hates Seattle in general.

I made a thread a few weeks ago with the exact same point. I've felt some major love from NFL Network, whether it's their main guys like Irvin, Sanders, even Faulk, or just their programming. They have given the Hawks some major respect. On the opposite side you have ESPN, the hatred with them is extreme. Russell Wilson and Sherm may have shown a few ESPN Director's wives a good time, or taken advantage of some daughters over there.

godawg

Reaction score
I wanted Melton as much as Bennett last year, I hope this happens.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":sc2ev7ak said:
Two year deal would be great.
I completely agree. And that would, IMO, be the best things for both sides, not just the Hawks or Melton.

If Melton wants to rebuild his value before hitting free agency again, he'll need two seasons to do so. These days its pretty easy to return for the following season after tearing your ACL (as Chris Clemons did), but you really don't get back to being your former self until the second full season back, 2015 in Melton's case. The Hawks could ease him back in by using him primarily as a situational pass rusher on the interior in 2014, a la Clinton McDonald. Then in 2015 he could compete with Tony McDaniel for full-time starting duties at the 3-tech spot, when McDaniel's cap charge swells to $3.625M on his own new 2-year deal.

CANHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3cjgs2yo said:
CANHawk":3cjgs2yo said:
jammerhawk":3cjgs2yo said:
CANHawk":3cjgs2yo said:
nice. i like linemen mean and nasty. i hope he abandoned his dog too...

I was wit cha up to the dog part.

Melton is an excellent 3 tech who is also strong against the run. We'd want him in a rotational role and he may want to start and play every down. He might be hard to sell but so far has only had interest from the Vikes.

As others have said here he'd be a very nice add for the team.

What..? It clearly worked for Michael Bennett.

Yeah I heard that stuff about Bennett but I just happen to like dogs and don't condone any cruelty to them.

Nor do I. I was merely attempting to employ a new literary technique known as sarcasm. Clearly I failed.

Apologies all around...

HawksSoc

Reaction score
CANHawk":1766zlr2 said:
Nor do I. I was merely attempting to employ a new literary technique known as sarcasm. Clearly I failed.

Apologies all around...

Your forgiven...this time, don't let it happen again ;)

Penman96

Reaction score
CANHawk":u94n32p6 said:

Apologies all around...

Well you succeeded with this one :)

re: Melton, apparently being sued for "a sum greater than $1 million.", so any reasonable contract would seem to be a good idea, and not sure the cowpies have that much cap room

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Erskine Hinds @ErskineTheGreat
Source: DT Henry Melton's agents are in serious contract negotiations with the Seattle #Seahawks #NFLFreeAgency

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Apparently he got a phone call at the airport from Pete and was told not to leave town.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":1mtlcyhu said:
Source: DT Henry Melton's agents are in serious contract negotiations with the Seattle #Seahawks #NFLFreeAgency
Hopefully it works out. Would be terrific to get him signed to a 2 year deal.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":31int0l4 said:
Sweet! Please please make this happen. We have a very good DL right now but adding Melton will put us in the top 5 for sure. If we somehow got Allen too I'd claim best DL in the NFL to go along with the unanimously best secondary in the NFL. Add 1st or 2nd rd WR and Jeremichael Finley and we could be playing with a top 5 offense. Well at least on paper.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2c24v2u0 said:
Is Erskine Hinds a reliable source? Never heard of him

Um, dude, his handle is Erskine the Great. That means he's more than just reliable, he's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.