Henry Melton to Visit Hawks this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWalrus

Reaction score
From Josina Anderson's twitter this AM:
Source: DT Henry Melton is still in the Seattle-area, as of this early morning. At this time, the plan is for Melton to still visit the Cowboys.. if a deal doesn't get "finalized" with the Seahawks. The situation remains fluid as of now though.

King Dog

Reaction score
TheWalrus":hdnqh8ek said:
Source: DT Henry Melton is still in the Seattle-area, as of this early morning. At this time, the plan is for Melton to still visit the Cowboys.. if a deal doesn't get "finalized" with the Seahawks. The situation remains fluid as of now though.

I like it. Steal his drivers license just in case he tries to leave.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
TheWalrus":1buvl7cs said:
Wow. Thanks for posting that, Walrus.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
My guess is the Hawks are trying to get him to agree to a prove it deal. 1 year, 5 mil.

I doubt he would be much of a participant in anything off season until training camp. Even 9 months from his ACL puts him near July for any serious activity. And I would guess really into training camp. That means a substantial discount for any contract he signs. He needs a good season to get his value back up.

Melton is just one of many poster children for why players hate the Franchise tag.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Dallas will throw too much money at him. I hope he sees the big picture and what he can do in this defense and the exposure he will get. Time will tell I guess.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We can pay more for Melton than Dallas can but they may be more desperate.

Melton could be a nice multi year add if a reasonable deal can be structured, for sure he certainly corrects the 3- tech deficiency. Inside pass rush has always been the need to be added to pressure from the edge.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
We have a little more cash now post Zach deal, kick in a half a mil more and keep this guy here! Let's make Jerr-ah 0-2 (Packers got Peppers).

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2co9oqnw said:
If they don't leave that means something is cooking.

I want to know what's going on in the kitchen already.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't blame you I hope it's either a 1 year deal or something like what Avril got. Gives a him a chance to reestablish his market.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Simplified Summary from the two main football websites this week:

NFL.com "Seahawks focusing on under-the-radar players for cheap deals"

ESPN.com "Seahawks losing all their players, won't be able to repeat.... Give Denver the Lombardi already"

Will save you a lot of time, ESPN hates Seattle in general.

Hawks46

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":2n36mkgc said:
Simplified Summary from the two main football websites this week:

NFL.com "Seahawks focusing on under-the-radar players for cheap deals"

ESPN.com "Seahawks losing all their players, won't be able to repeat.... Give Denver the Lombardi already"

Will save you a lot of time, ESPN hates Seattle in general.

I know, right ? We've returned the vast majority of our starters, some of which will probably improve as they're young...so we're the same team that just thunderstomped the Broncos, but if you read some of these websites, they're already crowning the Broncos. At the very least, they've already won the offseason even before the draft.

Meanwhile we draft better than almost any team in the league, we have all of our picks, we have a young team that can generally improve, we've retained most of our starters, and we've trimmed a ton off of the salary cap so we can lock up our young superstars for an extended playoff run.

Status
Not open for further replies.