Here comes all the “Fire Pete!” “Fire Schotty!”

minormillikin

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":251406kp said:
Sounds like a Mariners fan. Excuses and content with losing/mediocrity

What? Mariners fans are pissed off all the time. I haven't been content for nearly 2 decades.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I was happy to see them stick to the game plan .. it's how we won the whole season. As I recall, we were losing the other way.. why go back to a system we know we lose at?

That said, I really thought we should have had more RPG or that fake hand off thingy.. play action?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That makes no sense.

Because people had low expectations for them at the start of year given:

1 - no run game
2 - poor offensive line
3 - little pass rush
4 - decimated secondary

We were supposed to be rebuilding.

But we weren't rebuilding.

So when it became clear:

1 - We had the # 1 rush offense in the league
2 - We had solid run and pass blocking
3 - We had an average but serviceable defense
4 - We had an offense scoring 30 points a game

Then you set expectations accordingly. They failed to meet expectations.

They underperformed and fell short. That was the failure on any level you want to measure it because almost ALL the excuses for why this offense could not produce were gone and it STILL fell short.

That is absolutely on Schotty and Pete.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3bk5a332 said:
I was happy to see them stick to the game plan .. it's how we won the whole season. As I recall, we were losing the other way.. why go back to a system we know we lose at?

That said, I really thought we should have had more RPG or that fake hand off thingy.. play action?

I simply can’t understand this. You were happy we stuck to the game plan? Did you watch these ‘drives’ at all? When we were punting on 4th down without flipping any field position were you happy saying, ‘yes! At least we didn’t try and change it up.’

You know, even when I’m playing Red Dead Redemption II and I fail a mission, I don’t start it up again doing the exact same thing—I adjust. My game plan is to beat the mission. I may try the same plan a second time if I get close, butt if it doesn’t work I start working out a new process for that mission. There’s no shame in making adjustments to your game plan in order to get to the next mission.

Seahawk

Reaction score
none of those. it's special teams coaches Larry Izzo, Brian Schneider that need to go.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
John63":2kl82yk4 said:
SeahawksCanuck":2kl82yk4 said:
This was far from our worst loss, and losing our kicker obviously complicated things, it was just disappointing because it felt like Russ and his receivers were playing great, yet we kept running the ball for 2 yards. Despite all the other issues, it felt like this was a game our offense could have won.

I don't know that anyone should get fired, but they need some serious reflection. If the run is working, great, use-it, but we're never going to win another Superbowl buy stubbornly insisting on being a "run-first" team .

This someone needs to have a come to Jesus moment with PC and the OC and tell them, fine be run first but mix in the pass more than on 3rd and long. If the run is not working try passing. Dallas was counting on PC being too stubborn to change and they were right. Every time we did not do run, run, pass we moved the ball. Time for PC to update his system and be more creative on offense.

You think it's going to happen ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TreeRon

Reaction score
I'm not against the "Run First" strategy but I am against the "Run First Always" strategy. Relying on that dogma, whether it works or not is not a way to win a chess match.
Can you imagine playing chess and ALWAYS making the same moves regardless of opponent or situation?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Would you accept a “learn from your mistakes Pete and Shotty” instead?

BASF

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2krash3f said:

What are you even talking about? Losing? Mediocrity? We are on a seven seasons over .500 streak. Only eight franchises have done that in the past forty years. Losing or mediocre teams do not make the playoffs except in down seasons for a conference. It turns out that we were a much better team than practically anyone believed we were going into the season. Before Carroll was hired we had five seasons with ten wins in thirty-three years. Five. That is mediocrity. That is losing. Six of the last seven seasons with ten wins is a lot more rare than I think anyone realizes. It would have been seven consecutive seasons, which is even more rare, but Blair Walsh was a spectacular failure.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2b6oudyh said:
Would you accept a “learn from your mistakes Pete and Shotty” instead?

The offensive gameplan needs more balance and flexibility

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
BASF":56jm7pij said:
Coug_Hawk08":56jm7pij said:

What are you even talking about? Losing? Mediocrity? We are on a seven seasons over .500 streak. Only eight franchises have done that in the past forty years. Losing or mediocre teams do not make the playoffs except in down seasons for a conference. It turns out that we were a much better team than practically anyone believed we were going into the season. Before Carroll was hired we had five seasons with ten wins in thirty-three years. Five. That is mediocrity. That is losing. Six of the last seven seasons with ten wins is a lot more rare than I think anyone realizes. It would have been seven consecutive seasons, which is even more rare, but Blair Walsh was a spectacular failure.

It wasnt a comment on historic performance of Pete’s teams. I meant calling this a rebuilding year to massively deflate expectations, and the willingness to accept this loss under that, as if we didn’t have a chance to keep winning. Mariners fans will accept just about anything and somehow rationalize, which was the comp for OP. Seahawks can win right now, so getting shut down in the first round of the playoffs to me is not great. One tiny step above last year, I guess, but we ultimately made it nowhere. No participation trophies. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy the season or watching us play, once we got rolling I had higher expectations for the team in terms of final outcome.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2pnm4u70 said:
BASF":2pnm4u70 said:
Coug_Hawk08":2pnm4u70 said:

It wasnt a comment on historic performance of Pete’s teams. I meant calling this a rebuilding year to massively deflate expectations, and the willingness to accept this loss under that, as if we didn’t have a chance to keep winning. Mariners fans will accept just about anything and somehow rationalize, which was the comp for OP. Seahawks can win right now, so getting shut down in the first round of the playoffs to me is not great. One tiny step above last year, I guess, but we ultimately made it nowhere. No participation trophies. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy the season or watching us play, once we got rolling I had higher expectations for the team in terms of final outcome.[/quo

Well then maybe it's you that needs to learn to temper expectations rather than lash out in anger at coaches, players and other fans.

We did very well for the talent level of the team. Much of that is because of good coaching and Wilson. But it ended up not being good enough and the reasonable fan will accept that. The rest will need to work through the 5 stages like they seem to need to after every loss.

OP
OP
D

doso

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":22rz8ku7 said:
BASF":22rz8ku7 said:
Coug_Hawk08":22rz8ku7 said:

It wasnt a comment on historic performance of Pete’s teams. I meant calling this a rebuilding year to massively deflate expectations, and the willingness to accept this loss under that, as if we didn’t have a chance to keep winning. Mariners fans will accept just about anything and somehow rationalize, which was the comp for OP. Seahawks can win right now, so getting shut down in the first round of the playoffs to me is not great. One tiny step above last year, I guess, but we ultimately made it nowhere. No participation trophies. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy the season or watching us play, once we got rolling I had higher expectations for the team in terms of final outcome.

You're probably the same guy when we lost to the 49ers to say fire Pete...
And the same guy to say glad we extended Pete last week...
:177692: :pukeface:
It's a process. You don't just make it to the Super Bowl with a really young team.
But next years going to be good... :0190l:

Latest posts