Here is a link with some disrespect :D

Smellyman

Reaction score
Also Pete Carroll not even a sniff for coach of the year either.

poly1274

Reaction score
RW will never win MVP with 3k yards and 35 TD”s

Yes I’d put Carr in front of RW projecting 4500 yards 45-50 Tds
Jackson would be tricky if he had 1000 rushing 3 k passing Yes

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Like I’ve said for years, win the whole damn thing and they don’t have a choice but to respect you.
That’s what was so glorious about XLVIII and the fashion it happened.
You blew out “the world’s greatest offense” and stunned most of the morons in the press.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
poly1274":gaqgsdqo said:
RW will never win MVP with 3k yards and 35 TD”s

Yes I’d put Carr in front of RW projecting 4500 yards 45-50 Tds
Jackson would be tricky if he had 1000 rushing 3 k passing Yes

Hilarious.

He’s led the league in TD passes. And unless Mahomes has another big year, Russ will likely remain the passing TD leader over the past 3 years.

He has 3400 passing yards, not 3000. He had amongst the most efficient numbers in the league, high passer rating. And unlike Carr, he usually adds about 400-600 rushing yards to his passing numbers.

Seriously, this argument is embarrassing. Carr!!??? Jackson? Lol

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The ONLY QB to have 30+ TDs and 3,000+ Yds for the last two seasons. SMH. The press will never give him credit. I am to the point where I don’t care at all anymore.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Before the years around the super bowl win Seattle was rarely mentioned or considered by the NFL press. Around the Super Bowl years we were everyone's favorite. Since then we have back stepped into our irrelevance by the national football press. Other than possibly Nate Burleson people hardly mention Seattle.
A case in point is the recent Clowney trade was more focused on what was happening in Houston than much about Seattle.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Some of our arrogant, or disgruntled in your face spokesmen ( Sherman, Lynch, Thomas, Bennett etc) flew the coupe (Seattle), taking with them, the reason that we were ever even on the map.
Besides that, we are no longer springing surprises on the rest of the League, we merely GRIND out unflashy wins.
The League's media is ALWAYS looking for the next new shiny bling bling to write about.

chris98251

Reaction score
40 years plus now and people still don't get this narrative, we are in Egypt or North Alaska to most the media and vote casters. Unless we shake the earth nobody really remembers we are even here.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TreeRon":399nztgl said:
Before the years around the super bowl win Seattle was rarely mentioned or considered by the NFL press. Around the Super Bowl years we were everyone's favorite. Since then we have back stepped into our irrelevance by the national football press. Other than possibly Nate Burleson people hardly mention Seattle.
A case in point is the recent Clowney trade was more focused on what was happening in Houston than much about Seattle.
Yep, I had Pro Football Talk on the radio this morning and all Florio went on about was what a mess Houston is without a GM. That's certainly true, but he made no mention of the fact that by addressing it's biggest need, the Hawks are now a legit Super Bowl contender.

There are times the team's fanbase complain too much about being disrespected and/or ignored, but there are times it's totally legit.

TreeRon

Reaction score
A guy on a football show today when debating who will in the NFC West, again disrespected our O line and, I kid you not, mentioned Russell Okung's injury.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2eisnesb said:
TreeRon":2eisnesb said:
Yep, I had Pro Football Talk on the radio this morning and all Florio went on about was what a mess Houston is without a GM. That's certainly true, but he made no mention of the fact that by addressing it's biggest need, the Hawks are now a legit Super Bowl contender.

There are times the team's fanbase complain too much about being disrespected and/or ignored, but there are times it's totally legit.
So...Hmmm, how many times has Pete's name, or any other HC in Seattle come up in the Media's blatherings for "Coach Of The Year"?....Three years of teardown & rebuilding @ his HC job in Seattle, he takes the Seahawks all the way to the big dance and wins it Handily, repeats going back the following year, and Bruce Arians gets the foo-fer-rah by the media on getting the honors for Coach Of The Year?, and you call that "LEGIT", and not disrespect ?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
scutterhawk":14okx4bi said:
hawksfansinceday1":14okx4bi said:
TreeRon":14okx4bi said:

So...Hmmm, how many times has Pete's name, or any other HC in Seattle come up in the Media's blatherings for "Coach Of The Year"?....Three years of teardown & rebuilding @ his HC job in Seattle, he takes the Seahawks all the way to the big dance and wins it Handily, repeats going back the following year, and Bruce Arians gets the foo-fer-rah by the media on getting the honors for Coach Of The Year?, and you call that "LEGIT", and not disrespect ?
Did I specifically mention Pete being passed over for COTY anywhere in my post?
Perhaps I didn't make my point clear...........sometimes the Seahawks' fanbase plays the disrespect card too heavily with every single perceived slight. Sometimes it's a legit feeling such as Pete (and John) never being mentioned for honors. Sometimes it's just insecurity. That's my feeling on the subject.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2exrj7d2 said:
scutterhawk":2exrj7d2 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2exrj7d2 said:
TreeRon":2exrj7d2 said:

Did I specifically mention Pete being passed over for COTY anywhere in my post?
Perhaps I didn't make my point clear...........sometimes the Seahawks' fanbase plays the disrespect card too heavily with every single perceived slight. Sometimes it's a legit feeling such as Pete (and John) never being mentioned for honors. Sometimes it's just insecurity. That's my feeling on the subject.

So sometimes for everything.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sure dude, whatever you say.
I gave an example of what I considered disrespect by a national guy that happened today based on the signing of Clowney being talked about strictly from the Houston point of view. If the same guy gave his rankings of QBs in the NFL and had Russ say #6 or #7 I wouldn't give shit one cuz that's an opinion he's giving rather than covering the story of the trade from a one-sided point of view. However, there are any number of Hawk fans that would be complaining that the team is disrespected cuz Russ isn't in the top 5 or top 3 (or Bobby is behind Keuchly if we're talking LBs or whatever).

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2ups2g4e said:
Sure dude, whatever you say.
I gave an example of what I considered disrespect by a national guy that happened today based on the signing of Clowney being talked about strictly from the Houston point of view. If the same guy gave his rankings of QBs in the NFL and had Russ say #6 or #7 I wouldn't give shit one cuz that's an opinion he's giving rather than covering the story of the trade from a one-sided point of view. However, there are any number of Hawk fans that would be complaining that the team is disrespected cuz Russ isn't in the top 5 or top 3 (or Bobby is behind Keuchly if we're talking LBs or whatever).

We are really never given our dues, even after beating the crap out of Denver they were making excuses the next day for the Broncos.

The fans get upset because it has been a legacy for this team from the Media going back to the days of the Kingdome, team isn't very good they win because they are in a concrete facility and the fans are loud and it's a disadvantage for everyone going there, putting in rules to try to stop the fans from cheering etc, it goes on and on. Saying we piped in noise to Centurylink field. Wilson is just a system guy with a good defense, Wagner looks good because of our secondary. Pete had an advantage because he recruited most of our players.

No credence for his management, coaching, the teaching. Colts get one player and that GM is Executive of the year. Pete takes a 2 and 14 team brings it to 7 and 9 and a back into the playoffs and no mention, goes on to have the best run in the history of the team and gets beat out by guys that just have their teams have a winning season for the most part.

There is a reason.

Fade

Reaction score
scutterhawk":5aird2nk said:
Some of our arrogant, or disgruntled in your face spokesmen ( Sherman, Lynch, Thomas, Bennett etc) flew the coupe (Seattle), taking with them, the reason that we were ever even on the map.
Besides that, we are no longer springing surprises on the rest of the League, we merely GRIND out unflashy wins.
The League's media is ALWAYS looking for the next new shiny bling bling to write about.

Yeah, the media are a bunch of dogs chasing fire trucks.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
TreeRon":2dr35col said:
A guy on won of the football shows today when debating who will in the NFC West, again disrespected our O line and, I kid you not, mentioned Russell Okung's injury.

:34853_doh: :tomato:

Latest posts