Here's the real Q.... Are the Falcons better than the Skins?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
I say no, no offense to the Falcons.

All the Falcons are is a middling defense, with a middling offense, but an amazing passing offense. No running game and no big strengths on defense.

And OMG WE WON IN THE PLAYOFFS ON THE ROAD! lol

Fox0r

Reaction score
Falcons have been chokers in the playoffs lately and still have yet to get that monkey off their backs. Also, the Falcons strike me as a soft offense that won't take being punched in the mouth well.

Torris

Reaction score
Have you watched any Falcons games? Our secondary has allowed the least amount of passing TDs in the league. They bend but don't break, but they aren't middling. They show up for huge games(see: Denver, NOLA, NYG games).

Plus we controlled the Redskins, although the final score didn't indicate. We are a much better team than the Redskins. Especially at home. Don't get cocky just yet.

KK84

Reaction score
falcons are much much better than the skins. no doubt. but i really feel that we match up well against the falcons. teams like the seahawks and the niners are built to destroy teams like the falcons. just my opinion

seattlest7

Reaction score
I think we match up much better with Falcons than the Skins. Sherman/Browner are best CB tandem tailored for ATL's big receivers.

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
I think its a diff style of play...The skins get by with the option/trick play stuff. Falcons are a good old fashined passing offence with some gret recievers, and a bruising back. I feel betetr going to Atlanta than I do Washington, but thats not becuase I think the skins are better, its becuase the style of play worried me more. With the falcons you know what your getting really

HawksFan83

Reaction score
Did you say the Falcons show up for huge games? then where were they in the last 2 play off games?

Shock2k

Reaction score
This is going to get debated all week. I honestly don't know. Jones/White are money. It's going to be a good game.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Redskins are tougher to prepare for scheme wise, the Falcons flat out have a lot better players and talent than the Skins. I respect the Falcons, but I don't fear them. They are a great team and they'll have to put together another great effort to beat them, which I think they have a good chance of doing.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Who did the Falcons beat this season? Anyone decent?

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
Falcons are much, much better than the version of the Skins we saw today. I'm most worried about Tony Gonzalez matching up with our LB's and Safeties. If we can control the clock and put enough pressure on Ryan we will have a chance but it will be a very tough task.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
When you've got Julio Jones and Roddy white you are a force to be reckoned with. Going to be a heckuva game.

KK84

Reaction score
honestly if we lose because white and jones torch us, it means they beat our strength with their strength and i would give full credit to the falcons. if we lose cuz turner runs all over us i will be sick....

Torris

Reaction score
Fox0r":2x1tkbzc said:
Falcons have been chokers in the playoffs lately and still have yet to get that monkey off their backs. Also, the Falcons strike me as a soft offense that won't take being punched in the mouth well.

These aren't the same Falcons as before. I guess you could say the same about the Hawks since they finally learned how to win a road playoff game, but they won't beat the Falcons in the GA Dome. I don't even remember the last time the Hawks beat the Falcons at all. Even at Century Link.

drastik

Reaction score
Torris":2s7ls2b6 said:
Plus we controlled the Redskins, although the final score didn't indicate. We are a much better team than the Redskins. Especially at home. Don't get cocky just yet.
No you didnt. The Falcons were losing the entire game until RG3 went out with a concussion.

cesame

Reaction score
The Falcons and Redskins are complete opposites on offense.

The Redskins were all run and weak pass. The Falcons are all pass and weak run.

Atlanta's defense isn't very good against the run, though, and that bodes very well for Seattle. I expect Lynch to have another great day (with Wilson rushing for another 30-40 yards)

The Falcons don't fear me, but I'm not exactly predicting a win yet.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":s5zj2r64 said:
Falcons are a lot better than the Redskins. Not even close.

this..

the falcons are more sound offensively. none of those screen/option/qb scrambling plays. they throw the ball and have great talent at WR & TE. Their defense is solid across the board.. NOT GREAT at any particular level, but solid. I would say they are a big upgrade. but fortunately for you guys, you matchup pretty well against their primary recievers.. however, TE & RB and WR depth I see being a problem for the seahawks D.

should be a great game though! my guess all depends on how RW plays. If he has a game like today, It'll be very close. Something like 20-17. If RW has a game like he did against the niners, then I see it being 34-17.

General Manager

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what matters are how the teams match up and i like our chances against a one dimentional QB. Were 11-5 ourselves and have a QB who can make plays alot of different ways.

Latest posts