Hey Doom and Gloomers

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2nn8mvlp said:
Seymour":2nn8mvlp said:
LOL almost a perfect split of the 30-40% chance of W that I predicted early this week. :2thumbs:

Not "great" odds, but we no doubt have a chance in this one.

Look at the poll question more carefully: "Which team's win streak will end this week?" 37% of people picking the Eagles as the most likely of the four teams to be upset has nothing to do with the odds of the Seahawks beating the Eagles. It could be higher or lower than 37%.

Atlanta is actually favored to beat Minnesota; yet 7% more people, in the OP's poll, think the Seahawks are more likely to upset the Eagles. FiveThirtyEight has the actual odds for the Eagles/Seahawks game split at 52-48.

Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back. Just saying.

Ohh god....I feel your pain.

Of course it's not the EXACT same thing because humans are involved and there are 4 choices that assume at least one will fall. :roll:

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":242na9kp said:
hawknation2017":242na9kp said:
Seymour":242na9kp said:
LOL almost a perfect split of the 30-40% chance of W that I predicted early this week. :2thumbs:

Look at the poll question more carefully: "Which team's win streak will end this week?" 37% of people picking the Eagles as the most likely of the four teams to be upset has nothing to do with the odds of the Seahawks beating the Eagles. It could be higher or lower than 37%.

Atlanta is actually favored to beat Minnesota; yet 7% more people, in the OP's poll, think the Seahawks are more likely to upset the Eagles. FiveThirtyEight has the actual odds for the Eagles/Seahawks game split at 52-48.

Of course it's not the EXACT same thing because humans are involved and there are 4 choices that assume at least one will fall. :roll:

Actually, they are not the same thing because it is a different question being posed.

If you truly believed there was a 30-40% chance to beat the best team in the NFL, you would think that person would be more positive about the state of the team.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1h9ww4tq said:
Seymour":1h9ww4tq said:
hawknation2017":1h9ww4tq said:
Seymour":1h9ww4tq said:

Actually, they are not the same thing because it is a different question being posed.

If you truly believed there was a 30-40% chance to beat the best team in the NFL, you would think that person would be more positive about the state of the team.

No. you would.

Beating 1 top team at home or even calling it less than likely, has nothing to do with poor decisions and coaching errors that continue year after year. This is a forum where those things get discussed. If you cannot handle that, then I suggest the unicorns and rainbow forum. The real question is, why is that a concern to you?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Reaneypark":36yglh0c said:
I’d feel much better about the win if we didn’t have a shaky-ass kicker. He has to be sent packing if he blows it again in this game.

All I have to say is if it comes down to a game-winning FG attempt by Blair and he misses, then I will start the mob that runs him out of town myself.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Except for the Panthers the Eagles wins were over a bunch of bad to mediocre teams. Seahawks just need to be good. Not great, just good.

adeltaY

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":9t0zfdzz said:
Except for the Panthers the Eagles wins were over a bunch of bad to mediocre teams. Seahawks just need to be good. Not great, just good.

I think we need to be great to beat the Eagles. I also think we can be great and believe we will for this game.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
One positive is that it should be dry by kickoff. Russ throws well in cool dry weather so our passing attack should be ok. I believe we have a real shot tomorrow.