Hey Jerry Brewer ... SHUT UP!!

tom sawyer

Reaction score
http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewe ... 04xml.html

merely surviving when they should be thriving.

After staving off humiliation in a 14-9 victory in St. Louis last Monday,

This was a sleepwalking, superior team getting slapped upside the head by an inferior foe, then waking up and winning once their attentiveness matched their talent.

But if style points don’t matter much in winning,
Why don't you ask coach Carroll this question!!

:187734:

We are 8-1 and on the road to success. I love watching them play.. HOWEVER THEY PLAY!
And I'll take a win... ANY WIN! And I will thank them!! And you didn't even end your stupid-ass op-ed with a GO HAWKS! You dick-head!!

So shut the f**k up Jerry!!! :thfight7:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
tom sawyer":2c4fu2sb said:
CANHawk":2c4fu2sb said:
You mad bro?

I mean is Jerry PURPOSELY trying to be a dick?

Maybe. But is he wrong? I don't think so. We have been surviving instead of thriving. We have been embarrassed by lesser opponents the last 2 weeks, even in victory. Nothing wrong with being happy with a W and pointing out what's going wrong.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Is he wrong? I'm mostly sunshine and roses, but I agree that the team can start to play to its level rather than its opponent's.

Largent80

Reaction score
Our first quarters this year are most dreadful. If we correct that, it gets us where we want/need to be.

29 points so far in 9 games?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jerry writes for a newspaper that is struggling to make a red cent. He works for a radio station mired in 2nd place on a show that sucks. This is the kind of writing and talk that sports journalists stuck in those situations resort to in pretty much every market.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Teqneek

Reaction score
I find it funny everyone seems to think to know what our level is.. what teams are crap.. Again, its professional football the rest of these guys are just no bodies playing in college.

I dont care what team you are, you go out, you win. In the playoffs theres a brand new record. As its been stated many times, MANY of the past superbowl winners and participants had to endure challenges. What you do during the regular season is just preparation for the ultimate goal.

But since Seattle has the largest conglomerate of fairweather, egotistical, non humble completely foolish thinking fans, no one in Washington will think that way. These are the fans that want us to be like the New England Patriots.. Woo how awesome they were on their way to records, and 16-0.... I bet they truly rellished that Trophy at the end of their run... ohh.. snap thats right.

Making it through adversity, overcoming problems thats the sign of a champion.

:sarcasm_on:
In the end the oline isnt important, theres no reason we should be skipping a beat now, probably missing 3 starters on the line and still without 2 of our WRs (1 done for the year). Right? Right? Those arent important positions that would effect us at ALLL :sarcasm_off:

The great thing about being in DC is I can actually enjoy the Seahawks success, any wallowing and moaning is from Redskins fans. If i was in seattle, id be hearing wallowing and moaning about our 8-1 team, and frankly that makes me sick to be related to those as a Seahawks fan.

McGruff

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1mhkrav3 said:
Are the 9-0 Kansas City Chiefs also just surviving?

9-0 with a far easier schedule and barely winning home games against Dallas, Houston and Cleveland and beating Buffalo by scoring two defensive TD's and allowing 470 yards of offense to a Jeff Tuel led team.

The NFL is hard for every team, especially those on top. The disparity between the best and the worst isn't nearly as big as you'd think (except Jacksonville . . . They suck bad) and most games are competitive.

McGruff

Reaction score
BTW, those two wins against SF and CAR are looking really good as those two teams have won their last nine games combined, all with double digit differentials. Do we get style credit for those wins?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
tom sawyer":1lck88ob said:
CANHawk":1lck88ob said:
You mad bro?

He's a reporter, he's paid to dissect the teams he's covering. What do you want him to write after each game "The Seahawks won today, yah!" - The End

Btw, Brewer makes good points. Sure winning is the only thing that matters each and every week, but if the Hawks fancy themselves a dominant SB team, then what he's writing about does matter. This team has some serious issues that have to be ironed out if they want to win the SB. Sorry, but barely beating an 0-7 team at home isn't a SB team right now...........and that's what Brewer's concerned about.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
tom sawyer":26e2w6ah said:
http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewer/2022187428_brewer04xml.html

merely surviving when they should be thriving.

After staving off humiliation in a 14-9 victory in St. Louis last Monday,

This was a sleepwalking, superior team getting slapped upside the head by an inferior foe, then waking up and winning once their attentiveness matched their talent.

But if style points don’t matter much in winning,
Why don't you ask coach Carroll this question!!

:187734:

We are 8-1 and on the road to success. I love watching them play.. HOWEVER THEY PLAY!
And I'll take a win... ANY WIN! And I will thank them!! And you didn't even end your stupid-ass op-ed with a GO HAWKS! You dick-head!!

So shut the f**k up Jerry!!! :thfight7:
He echos most of the posters here on this board. Honestly, I think Seahawks fans care more about style points and power polls more than winning.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not to mention, what is with the assumptions that because they look "bad" against inferior teams, they automatically will look the same vs. the better teams??? They clearly get up for the better teams, ask the Niners if the Hawks get up for big games.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Awesome, another superfan on his soapbox enraged that someone would dare point out that the seahawks aren't perfect.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
tom sawyer":3aybiq85 said:
CANHawk":3aybiq85 said:
You mad bro?

Seems like he was stating the obvious, actually. You know, it is possible to be thrilled with our record AND be concerned about the quality of play, especially given that we're in a dead heat with SF for HFA.