Hi Hawks Fans- Longtime Giants Fan here to chat about game

Joygazm

Reaction score
BlueClue":295570hi said:
pmedic920":295570hi said:
Wonder what he did/said?

I didn’t see anything ban worthy.

Hmmm

Ya think they ban folks for dumbing down the fan base?

I said playing in the NFL is a privilege......not a right.....its an escape from real world problems
not a place to get on your soapbox, or make political statements- there is a time and place for everything.

Enjoy......the winning can end abruptly

Your SB Trophy case is a bit paltry to compare your team to the Giants and to Eli.

Eli is a good QB and a nice guy..........he should be demanding they improve the playcalling and surround him with the types of players that maximize his abilities (ie long passes.....we almost never throw long passes and our screens are an embarrassment- I dont think they practice either. Cutting Nicks and Cruz were drop dead stupid. Relying on the little brat, not well thought out...........Bringing in Marshall and starting Perkins unforgivable.

Our best WR in preseason was Rudolph- their response was to cut him and hope he cleared waivers......he should have been a seasons starter, he earned it on the field. You saw a little of his potential yesterday.

Meanwhile they bring in this dinosaur Marshall who mentally retired and went through the motions for 11 million

I'm pretty unhappy with the conservative mangement of the team and coaches except for Spags.
But I'll watch every game even when we are mathematically eliminated.

Comes in beats chest about how great the CURRENT Giants are..... Giants get whooped...comes back in here to tell us how great the GIANTS TEAMS USED TO BE...

What a way to move the "Goal Post".

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
Aros":1y0or8e8 said:
BlueClue":1y0or8e8 said:
pmedic920":1y0or8e8 said:
Wonder what he did/said?

I didn’t see anything ban worthy.

Hmmm

Enjoy......the winning can end abruptly

Your SB Trophy case is a bit paltry to compare your team to the Giants and to Eli.

Eli is a good QB and a nice guy..........he should be demanding they improve the playcalling and surround him with the types of players that maximize his abilities (ie long passes.....we almost never throw long passes and our screens are an embarrassment- I dont think they practice either. Cutting Nicks and Cruz were drop dead stupid. Relying on the little brat, not well thought out...........Bringing in Marshall and starting Perkins unforgivable.

Our best WR in preseason was Rudolph- their response was to cut him and hope he cleared waivers......he should have been a seasons starter, he earned it on the field. You saw a little of his potential yesterday.

Meanwhile they bring in this dinosaur Marshall who mentally retired and went through the motions for 11 million

I'm pretty unhappy with the conservative mangement of the team and coaches except for Spags.
But I'll watch every game even when we are mathematically eliminated.

Well good on you for coming back Monday morning but your tasting of crow needs to be a bit more...Crow. Be a good sport and admit your predictions were a bit "off", thank the football gods for keeping the injuries at bay and have a good day. There's always next year.

My predictions were way off...........they were a joke, even as I wrote them......I was feeding the frenzy

No need to eat crow- you guys were the better team- we a bit more battered than i wanted to admit

I think had Shepard played it would have been a closer contest though......I wasn't counting on his absense.....he said he was fine and practiced well on thursday making all his cuts

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Again good on ya for coming back Monday morning. Many have not. Good luck to your Giants moving forward. I have no beef with them and generally root for them when it doesn't impact the Seahawks. I don't think 1-6 is recoverable but you never know.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
Aros":29xlsa8f said:
Again good on ya for coming back Monday morning. Many have not. Good luck to your Giants moving forward. I have no beef with them and generally root for them when it doesn't impact the Seahawks. I don't think 1-6 is recoverable but you never know.

Thanks and everytime I see your signature picture it takes away a bit of the sting LOL

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
BlueClue":3vvvdaus said:
Aros":3vvvdaus said:

Thanks and everytime I see your signature picture it takes away a bit of the sting LOL

you guys won fair and square

What drives me nuts is when the opponent comes back monday morning and tells you you didnt win, his team beat itself

That should be a banishing offense.............utter stupidity most of the time.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL, yep we get that too. At least your woes are injury-related and not because they just suck. Well, I don't like your HC at all but that can be remedied.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe it's just New York, but the Giants seem to be a team that needs a gnarly ass chew your butt Coach to win, Coughlin and Parcells as examples, maybe it's all the distractions being there, I am thinking the same with the Jets, Yankees also do better when they have had a Chew your ass no nonsense Manager / Owner.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
For what it's worth, Darkwa did show a little spark - the run from the 1-yard line in particular. I can see why you are hot on him. It just wasn't in the cards for him to repeat his Denver performance against our defense. Pete Carroll's defensive philosophy starts with stopping the run, and we do that very effectively.

Hawks46

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":23frg7n6 said:
pmedic920":23frg7n6 said:
No, but we should.

So we're going to jump all over the guy for being a homer ? Meanwhile in our prediction threads we have people predicting 42-0 blowouts and the Seahawks going 15-1 and we pat them on the back. Good grief NFL fans are freaking tribal.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
Hawks46":1ff7kv23 said:
RolandDeschain":1ff7kv23 said:
pmedic920":1ff7kv23 said:
No, but we should.

So we're going to jump all over the guy for being a homer ? Meanwhile in our prediction threads we have people predicting 42-0 blowouts and the Seahawks going 15-1 and we pat them on the back. Good grief NFL fans are freaking tribal.

Thanks but for the most part you all have been gracious hosts

I appreciated the back and forth

My favorite team and sport are the Giants and football.........kind of sad we have to endure this so early but

But the forest benefits greatly from the forest fires.......new growth and the earth is cleansed

We need a re-boot apparently, but knowing the Giants it wont happen- watch, nothing will change

One possibility is they bring in Saban but Saban called the last time we had a HC opening and at the last minute Saban's wife said she would not move

Maybe she has mellowed on the idea.

Its tough to find a HC, sort of like mining for diamonds.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
You know the one thing you guys have not brought up is our goal line stand

where the Seahawks had 3 series of downs inside the 5 and could not score............that was something I'd never seen done by any Defense EVER

Then Pete went for it on 4th

Oh well you have to give the Giants D credit though the Offense was putrid

Nevertheless I love Pete Carrol......Great Coach

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":11oxwtos said:
BlueClue":11oxwtos said:

Right out of the 49ers and cowboys fans playbook. :34853_doh:
There, fixed it for ya. Cowboy fans also like to talk about old trophys from last century.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hey Blue, did you really get banned on your home board?

I skimmed over a few posts and didn’t see anything ban worthy.

If it happened, what reason or post broke the camel’s back?

Curious in Texas.
:{)

hawk45

Reaction score
BlueClue":sik9lmww said:

where the Seahawks had 3 series of downs inside the 5 and could not score............that was something I'd never seen done by any Defense EVER

The Giants goal line D may or may not be staunch, but keeping the Seattle offense out of the end zone for 20 tries doesn't signify. Around here we just call that "Sunday".

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
hawk45":1s7z54s7 said:
BlueClue":1s7z54s7 said:

The Giants goal line D may or may not be staunch, but keeping the Seattle offense out of the end zone for 20 tries doesn't signify. Around here we just call that "Sunday".
Ditto.

Ever since the Super Bowl against the Patriots, we seem to overthink goalline situations and then change our minds and overthink them again before calling a play that has almost no hope of success.

All we need to do is ask the following question:

Is this a good run defense?

Y = Roll out Wilson with option to pass or run
N = Run it up the gut with a fullback lead blocker

Instead we try to get clever and run around the edge, or keep Wilson in the pocket and eliminate him as a run threat. On the rare times when we do run it between the tackles, we line up in a single-back set to show pass because we're too damn busy out-thinking ourselves.

KISS principle applies.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
BlueClue":1p5mdh74 said:

s74zyddivkea9ive6rdk.gif

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
pmedic920":3hu9kumj said:
Hey Blue, did you really get banned on your home board?

I skimmed over a few posts and didn’t see anything ban worthy.

If it happened, what reason or post broke the camel’s back?

Curious in Texas.
:{)

I was banned for saying the NFL is PRIVILEDGE to play its not a right

Not a place to fly your politics

Then I mentioned my admiration for Pat Tilman an American hero

My reward was banned for two weeks.

Go figure

No longer banned :0190l:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Thanks for coming by, enjoyed your posts. Here you got those two bits out without being banned. So far, anyway.

Please stop back by with some intel and predictions on the Eagles if you're so inclined. You see them twice a year, so I figure you may have an inside track. I miss Chip Kelly, if for no other reason than he turned Nick Freakin' Foles into the third coming of Kurt Warner, and added some excitement and gossip fodder drama to the league. (C-Curt Warner of the Seahawks was the first, K-Kurt was the second)