Hilarious NFCCG "conspiracy"

JMR

Reaction score
Started to watch it once before, couldn't get past the stupidity of "harder hits against Davis and Crabtree went uncalled" or whatever it says. C'mon man, if you're make some lame video accusing the league of conspiring against the darling Niners, at least know the rules!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The bandwagon thing is funny. Yes I am sure the Seahawk fan base has gained a lot of fans in the last couple of years. But when I think of many of the Niner fans I know, most of them became Niner fans in the 80s. In other words, when they started winning. Teams like the Steelers and Cowboys didn't get their national followings by accident either. It was by being a winning franchise at the time. Then tradition keeps the momentum going.

Outside of fans who live in the same city or area, most of these teams got their followings from bandwagon jumping. What happened with the Seahawks this year is nothing new. Because most people generally pick teams like that, I used to get a lot of "why the Seahawks" questions since I had no tie to the area and I definitely didn't jump on a bandwagon in those days!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":371ap3n3 said:
"If the NFL were fixed, as the video in question tries to portray, then it would have been NFL golden boy Peyton Manning hoisting his second Lombardi trophy, and not the Seattle Seahawks"
Duh...
Double Duh.
Dumba$$.
Exactomundo!

.....and as far as the whiner conspiricy theorists, they seem to forget the last 4 SF possesions and what they resulted in......

Punt
Fumble (Kraepper)
Interception (Kraepper)
Interception (Kraepper)

Yep, I'm sure the NFL made the Kraepper have an EPIC choke job for the ages! :roll: :34853_doh:

.....and for the sake of the argument, let's pretend it's true, that there is a conspiracy against the whiners, looking at their last 4 possessions, it looks like their "golden boy" would be right in the middle of said conspiracy.

Mick063

Reaction score
Their tears are delightful.

Cry baby cry.

I hope for more anguish next year. Their current version of a team will eventually be remembered similar to the Bills of the late 80s or Vikings of the 70s.

They will eventually run Harbaugh out of town because of it.

two dog

Reaction score
You will never hear a 49'er fan say:

"Well, it was easier to win the super bowl when we did it in my dad's day.
No salary cap and the player was yours for as long as you wanted him,
no free agency. I you had an owner willing to spend, the sky was the limit."

mrblitz

Reaction score
the officiating wasn't great, but it was a great game, and seattle was more clutch than sf. that there was the 'real' super bowl; sf on the road plowing through gb and car, then giving the seahawks a real challenge at qwest.

to greater or lesser degree, all of the 'final 4' in the nfc - new orleans, carolina, san fran, and seattle - would have beaten denver in the super bowl. heck, even arizona probably could have handled denver. the nfc tournament was fantastic. as it turns out, the super bowl was kind of an afterthought. seahawks beat denver like that 9 times out of 10.

yeah, the officiating in the nfc championship wasn't perfect, but it wasn't terribly egregious either. sf got away with a lot on that one fumbled punt. seattle had a couple of breaks too. great game though.

Escamillo

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":22nytgwm said:
I love the "act like you have been there" comments.

Just what does that mean from a fan perspective? Does it mean that Niner fans that weren't around for 5 Super Bowl wins shouldn't speak of it? Or does it mean that whenever a fan base that is excited about their team, but hasn't won a Super Bowl that we should remind them of our greatness and belittle them? Should we tell them that they can't be excited because they aren't fans of a team that won over 20 years ago?

Sure, we have our homers, but take for instance the 2011 season. The Niners had a lot of success and were clearly the best team in the division. Seahawks fans knew this and behaved as such. No one denied it.

When the Seahawks improved the next year, Niner fans acted like they had a reign of success for an era rather than a single year. We were supposed to kneel to Zod to a team that accomplished nothing more than the Cards did just 3 years prior.

Well, the Hawks have been there. So whatever it is we act like, we can say we ARE acting like they have been there. We certainly didn't spend 2012 making a bunch of external excuses for the team losing in Atlanta. We knew why they lost and team rectified it.

Whenever someone says to another, "Act like you've been there before", it's a typically a statement of jealousy or resentment at the second person's success. The first person can't stand it, so wants to lecture the second person to act all jaded and to not celebrate, since the celebration just irritates the first person even more. And yes, as you pointed out, it's also an implicit comment that "You didn't win until now, so there!!" which is totally irrelevant as to how the second person should act at his team's success.