Hmm February and gettigng ready for next year.

Spohawks

Reaction score
I am jaded right now on Wilson, but If Wilson plays for the 25m, he is getting hosed!

His contact should be "Always pay me $5 more than the top paid QB, when you cut me, you cut me".

He is getting about half of other top QBs.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score

balakoth

Reaction score
I'm confused if Spohawk was being sarcastic? lol

Spohawks

Reaction score
I was being serious. It only sounds crazy because no one has done it yet. Teams like the long contract because they know next years QB contact will be going up.

I think the a top 5 QB should take my contact advise.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Spohawks":3qtgm50g said:
I am jaded right now on Wilson, but If Wilson plays for the 25m, he is getting hosed! ...
He is getting about half of other top QBs.
Look up the numbers yourself rather than just believing what people say around here.

Wilson was the most expensive QB in the NFL last season with a $32m cap hit. This season that goes up to $37m, but comparatively it's going to be a better value because five other QB contracts ballooned past him.

There's a decent chance that he'll be at least the 6th best QB this season, and thus his overall value should roughly break even unless he gets hurt again.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I suspect a few of those teams will have buyer’s remorse.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hopefully training to target the middle of the field and getting his mind around getting the ball out quicker.

nwHawk

Reaction score
The combine forces some teams to over draft players based on their awesome individual workouts. Anyone remember when George Fant was supposed to be the left tackle of the future? Do you remember the training videos showing his preparation? Things have a tendency to change on game day. He’s a good player, a workout warrior, but he’ll never win a championship on his own.

BTW, training within sports today is so much different than 20 years ago. Year around, even at youth level. Don’t get too excited.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Cyrus12":12blto6l said:
Hopefully training to target the middle of the field and getting his mind around getting the ball out quicker.

You mean quicker than the 2.4 he does now? Hmm interesting since his time to throw before pressure is amongst the best in the league. Once again supposed fans require unrealistic expectations of Wilson.

olyfan63

Reaction score
John63":35ijgmvq said:
Throwdown":35ijgmvq said:
All that just to still not read a defense.

If only the facts did not prove you wrong!!!
Need proof rewatch the last game

What fake facts are you making up now John63? Rewatch the last game vs. the Cards and it only proves how off-base you are.

Wilson can somewhat read single-high looks, but two-high looks utterly befuddle him. Waldron came up with a game plan to use the running game to force the Cards into stacking the box and running single-high. Even with Russell gifting the Cards 2 TDs with his turnovers, Penny ran wild for 190 yards and the run game success did force Arizona into single-high looks. That made the pass reads easier for Russ. He still sucks at reading 2-High, especially against defenses that can generate pressure when only rushing 4.

I'll grant you this one: Russell made a really nice read on the TD pass to Freddie Swain. Why did Russell have time to throw in the first place? Why were the Cards in single-high instead of two-deep safeties? The Cards were righfully scared schittless of the Seahawks running game and Penny gashing them.

As it turned out, Penny's 62 yard 4th quarter TD run sealed the deal, and it looked like that came against a stacked box single-high defense by the Cards.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
olyfan63":3lxplwnc said:
John63":3lxplwnc said:
Throwdown":3lxplwnc said:

What fake facts are you making up now John63? Rewatch the last game vs. the Cards and it only proves how off-base you are.

Wilson can somewhat read single-high looks, but two-high looks utterly befuddle him. Waldron came up with a game plan to use the running game to force the Cards into stacking the box and running single-high. Even with Russell gifting the Cards 2 TDs with his turnovers, Penny ran wild for 190 yards and the run game success did force Arizona into single-high looks. That made the pass reads easier for Russ. He still sucks at reading 2-High, especially against defenses that can generate pressure when only rushing 4.

I'll grant you this one: Russell made a really nice read on the TD pass to Freddie Swain. Why did Russell have time to throw in the first place? Why were the Cards in single-high instead of two-deep safeties? The Cards were righfully scared schittless of the Seahawks running game and Penny gashing them.

As it turned out, Penny's 62 yard 4th quarter TD run sealed the deal, and it looked like that came against a stacked box single-high defense by the Cards.

Again go on the oline thread were I posted a link clearly shwling Wilson time to throw or pressure was 2.4. As to the rest of your post has nothing to do with what I said so I don't care.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":206ctahd said:
olyfan63":206ctahd said:
John63":206ctahd said:
Throwdown":206ctahd said:

Again go on the oline thread were I posted a link clearly shwling Wilson time to throw or pressure was 2.4. As to the rest of your post has nothing to do with what I said so I don't care.

What a completely irrelevant usage of that statistic that you continue to spam.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":21ze5iqm said:
John63":21ze5iqm said:
olyfan63":21ze5iqm said:
John63":21ze5iqm said:

What a completely irrelevant usage of that statistic that you continue to spam.

ITs very relevant it shows how fast the QB is getting rid of the ball before pressure. It shows the QB release and Olien blocking. Sorry, you just don't like it because it does not show what you want it to.

again 2.4 time to throw or pressure. deal with it.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, don’t you know Russ is the perfect QB.

:sarcasm_off:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":1q56fc18 said:
Throwdown":1q56fc18 said:
John63":1q56fc18 said:

How bout look at Russell's entire career, instead of just one game.

The Wilson can't read defenses narrative isn't a narrative for no reason. Here's a heat map that was done a couple years ago showing a complete void in his passing game to the short to intermediate middle.

EESBt8JWkAAnlmgformatjpgnamesmall

So he either has a hard time reading defenses to confidently get the ball out on time with called checkdowns, short slants, interior seam and hook routes.......or Wilson flat out refuses to do it because he likes to take shots downfield.

You decide.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1g4b9qxz said:
John63":1g4b9qxz said:
Throwdown":1g4b9qxz said:
John63":1g4b9qxz said:

How bout look at Russell's entire career, instead of just one game.

The Wilson can't read defenses narrative isn't a narrative for no reason. Here's a heat map that was done a couple years ago showing a complete void in his passing game to the short to intermediate middle.

EESBt8JWkAAnlmgformatjpgnamesmall

So he either has a hard time reading defenses to confidently get the ball out on time with called checkdowns, short slants, interior seam and hook routes.......or Wilson flat out refuses to do it because he likes to take shots downfield.

You decide.

1 that does not prove he can't read defenses and in fact could prove the opposite what if unlike us teams are taking away the short middle.

2. PC hates throwing short and in the middle read his book

3. where is the link to this chart as it would help to know what the time frame is.

Here is another comparison for you

Wilson through middle short 74 times
Rodger sonly 89 difference to Wilson less than 1 a game
Mahomes 98 difference form Wilson 2 a game

Not that big a difference and this chart also shows that they all have their preferences.

Also, all 3 of the qbs other than Wilson throw more per game than Wilson by 7 plus per game.

https://medium.com/the-sports-scien...-using-quarterback-heatmap-plots-159b2ee8d856

Here is another on showing success on different throws notice Wilson top 10 in most

https://www.milehighreport.com/2021...-by-distance-among-starting-quarterbacks-2020

Here is another showing that we are not running a lot of routes in the middle of the field

Screen_Shot_2021_11_15_at_11.09.56_AM.png

scale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/23016638/Screen_Shot_2021_11_15_at_11.09.56_AM.png[/img]

So hard to throw middle when no one is there.

So again nice try. Also, nice job hijacking what was proof Wilson cares about football despite you and your brethren saying otherwise and turning it into one of your pathetic, fictional narratives.