Hmm February and gettigng ready for next year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":2w1xq3og said:
So again nice try. Also, nice job hijacking what was proof Wilson cares about football despite you and your brethren saying otherwise and turning it into one of your pathetic, fictional narratives.

I love Russ. He's a top 10 QB, but pretending like he has no deficiencies when there's now a 10+ year track record of very evident deficiencies as I and MANY MANY others have shows statistically over the past decade is a head scratcher.

What, you think three coordinators over Russ's career just don't care about calling short to intermediate passes over the middle for no reason? They don't call them because they know Russ isn't good at it.

I could care less what video's Russ and his hype machine pump out showing us how amazing he is in order to satiate his own ego and whatever else he's trying to prove to the unwashed masses on social media.

I don't understand it. But whatever, it's a free country.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ou2jgxu said:
John63":1ou2jgxu said:
So again nice try. Also, nice job hijacking what was proof Wilson cares about football despite you and your brethren saying otherwise and turning it into one of your pathetic, fictional narratives.

I love Russ. He's a top 10 QB, but pretending like he has no deficiencies when there's now a 10+ year track record of very evident deficiencies as I and MANY MANY others have shows statistically over the past decade is a head scratcher.

What, you think three coordinators over Russ's career just don't care about calling short to intermediate passes over the middle for no reason? They don't call them because they know Russ isn't good at it.

I could care less what video's Russ and his hype machine pump out showing us how amazing he is in order to satiate his own ego and whatever else he's trying to prove to the unwashed masses on social media.

I never said he did not have deficiencies all QBs every player has deficiencies. The difference is you and others think it is what is holding us back, I dont.

What I think is PC does not like short passes he says so in his book.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
John..The part where you like to use PC as an excuse to why Russ
doesn't use the short and middle is bullshit.
PC himself has said many times that Russ needs to take what's there
and he sure as shit wasn't talking about throwing a moon ball.
Yes PC loves a deep ball when it is opened up by taking what the D gives
underneath by passing and running the rock baby!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":2jn5u3rj said:
Sgt. Largent":2jn5u3rj said:
John63":2jn5u3rj said:

I never said he did not have deficiencies all QBs every player has deficiencies. The difference is you and others think it is what is holding us back, I dont.

What I think is PC does not like short passes he says so in his book.

Lol.

Honestly at this point I hope Russ does get traded so you apologists can realize Pete was never holding Russ back, he has always been catering the offense to Russell's strengths.

Holding us back? What does that even mean. I've never once said Russell's the reason we don't win.

We can go over the other reasons if you'd like. But Russ isn't one of them. He's been the reason this team keeps being in playoff contention despite it's GLARING lack of difference makers on the roster for the past 7-8 years.

But sorry homey. Russell Carrington Wilson is not good at getting the ball out on time to the correct receiver, and loves to look downfield and ignore short to intermediate routes.

We all loved that about him when he could scramble around and evade pressure. But newsflash, he's older and slower, and not as good at that anymore. Thus these conversations.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3c69jw9w said:
John..The part where you like to use PC as an excuse to why Russ
doesn't use the short and middle is $h!t.
PC himself has said many times that Russ needs to take what's there
and he sure as $h!t wasn't talking about throwing a moon ball.
Yes PC loves a deep ball when it is opened up by taking what the D gives
underneath by passing and running the rock baby!

PC had also said many times and in his book he does not like throwing short in the middle of the field. Despite that i also showed were we don't run routes to the middle of the field.much either. Then added how Wilson's throws to middle was o par with Mahomes and Rodgers given the significantly less over all passing attempts. See facts matter and I showed them. Deal with it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seattle will find it very hard to win the division if Wilson is resigned and the highest paid QB again.

Carroll does not draft well anymore and that’s not a recipe for success.

Highest paid QB + Bad Drafting + Continual Coordinator Swapping = Mediocrity

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1zq0u7a4 said:
Seattle will find it very hard to win the division if Wilson is resigned and the highest paid QB again.

Wilson's about to be the 3rd highest paid QB in his division after Murray gets paid and Stafford signs an extension.

I highly doubt Russell would even accept an extension offer this year. Why would he when he can wait until next off season after guys like Rodgers, Murray and Jackson set the market.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":4ciwagi5 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":4ciwagi5 said:

Wilson's about to be the 3rd highest paid QB in his division after Murray gets paid and Stafford signs an extension.

I highly doubt Russell would even accept an extension offer this year. Why would he when he can wait until next off season after guys like Rodgers, Murray and Jackson set the market.
Yeah, I think Wilson still wants to get paid Top 3 again.

You cannot have dreams of being an owner like Russ unless you can continue to pocket top QB salary.

I really don’t think Wilson wants to take a “discount” after his current contract ends.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3t7zz0eh said:

You forgot bad FA signings.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2hbsmga6 said:
Sgt. Largent":2hbsmga6 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2hbsmga6 said:

Yeah, I think Wilson still wants to get paid Top 3 again.

You cannot have dreams of being an owner like Russ unless you can continue to pocket top QB salary.

I really don’t think Wilson wants to take a “discount” after his current contract ends.

I can tell you one thing, unless Wilson has one of his best years ever without injury and/or long stretches of games where he stinks like he did in 2020?

No way in hell I'm handing him 50M a year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
12-4 Record, 68.8 Completion Percentage, 4212 yards passing, 40 TD's/13 Int's, 105.1 Rating in 2020

That sucks???? Not to sound like John but if THAT is a bad year, I'm sure MANY teams would LOVE to see their QB play so "bad"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":qkbthhgi said:
12-4 Record, 68.8 Completion Percentage, 4212 yards passing, 40 TD's/13 Int's, 105.1 Rating in 2020

That sucks???? Not to sound like John but if THAT is a bad year, I'm sure MANY teams would LOVE to see their QB play so "bad"

I didn't say bad year, I said long stretches of stinking.

Six turnovers in four games, which is rare for Russell I know. But I need to see a return to dominance before committing to him for another 4-5 years at 50M a year.

Even then it's crazy to think of paying a QB that much soaking up 25% of the cap.

But yeah, another 2020 or 2021 year? Nope, I can't do it.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1axqwln8 said:
SoulfishHawk":1axqwln8 said:

Six turnovers in four games, which is rare for Russell I know. But I need to see a return to dominance before committing to him for another 4-5 years at 50M a year.

Even then it's crazy to think of paying a QB that much soaking up 25% of the cap.

The problem is almost all great QBs have stretches

Mahomes last year a stretch of 7 of 8 games below 90 passer rating with 7 of the 8 below 80. 6 ints in 4 games, adn 8 tos in those same 4 games

Brady a stretch of 3 games under 90 with 6 tos in 3 games

Allen a stretch of 6 games with 5 under 90 and 7 tos

The difference is those teams can still win when their QB plays less than spectacular. We can't because we are not constructed to. We have always played with such a small margin for error that we can't win without Wilson playing out of his mind. Now that said it seems PC has figured that out so hopefully we will not do that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh. Time to get over it and move on John. You have your opinion, others have theirs. This horse has been dead for a long while. Russ talk is not really worth it anymore. You won't budge, they won't budge.

Russ isn't perfect man, he needs to play better, period. I suspect he will have a hell of a season. But that's my OPINION. It IS ok that others don't agree with it and/or just refuse to accept the guy.

For the most part, I've just kind of grown tired of talking about the same things over and over again.
Facts don't seem to matter, so why waste all your energy? Some hate the guy, some love the guy, some refuse to acknowledge what he has done. It has been a hell of a run. If they move on from him, so be it. I think it would be beyond stupid, but........if they get a haul, they need to consider it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2krihjl0 said:
Meh. Time to get over it and move on John. You have your opinion, others have theirs. This horse has been dead for a long while. Russ talk is not really worth it anymore. You won't budge, they won't budge.

Russ isn't perfect man, he needs to play better, period. I suspect he will have a hell of a season. But that's my OPINION. It IS ok that others don't agree with it and/or just refuse to accept the guy.

For the most part, I've just kind of grown tired of talking about the same things over and over again.
Facts don't seem to matter, so why waste all your energy? Some hate the guy, some love the guy, some refuse to acknowledge what he has done. It has been a hell of a run. If they move on from him, so be it. I think it would be beyond stupid, but........if they get a haul, they need to consider it.
I think most here even if they do not like Wilson for whatever reasons, will admit, Wilson has been the best QB this franchise has ever had.

However, this NFC West has been stellar for some time with 3 teams contending to win the division every year and then beat most teams from other divisions in the playoffs.

Seattle has to do all it can to win.

Unfortunately, people look at current and recent trends to project a teams outlook.

Seattle has been struggling to become an NFC elite team since 2013/2014.

And the division continued to improve.

I think Stafford is likely to take a “discount” over Wilson is likely to take a “discount.”

Stafford came from Detroit and now he has experience winning and he loves LA over Detroit (who wouldn’t) he’s not likely to command or want such a high salary cause he loves the Rams and he wants to stay winning.

Stafford’s career earnings are likely to keep him grounded and stay with the team first mindset, and I don’t think Wilson is like that. Wilson wants to be paid again and again.

Seattle will struggle to win (with Carroll’s recipe) if Wilson is paid again top 3 or 5 QB.

Moving on from Wilson has to be considered even if Wilson has been the best QB ever in a Seattle uniform.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. We can agree to disagree. Getting rid of him is not even close to the right thing.
UNLESS he tells the team he wants to leave.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":s32en97m said:
Sgt. Largent":s32en97m said:
SoulfishHawk":s32en97m said:

The problem is almost all great QBs have stretches

Mahomes last year a stretch of 7 of 8 games below 90 passer rating with 7 of the 8 below 80. 6 ints in 4 games, adn 8 tos in those same 4 games

Brady a stretch of 3 games under 90 with 6 tos in 3 games

Allen a stretch of 6 games with 5 under 90 and 7 tos

The difference is those teams can still win when their QB plays less than spectacular. We can't because we are not constructed to. We have always played with such a small margin for error that we can't win without Wilson playing out of his mind. Now that said it seems PC has figured that out so hopefully we will not do that.