Honest question.........

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
I always used to say, "I love Sherman, but man, if he were on a different team, I'd hate him."

Well, I was wrong. I don't hate him. I just don't love him anymore.

What I do still love is what he brought to this team, and all the great memories.

Richard, go out and continue your career in style. Just not against the Seahawks.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1fqvryh5 said:
Marvin49":1fqvryh5 said:
I just gotta say...

...for as much as I've heard from from Seahawk fans about Niner fans changing their views of Sherman, I see just as many Seahawk fans hating on Sherman.

I'm not even saying any of you are wrong, but it is funny to watch. Team allegiance is a funny thing sometimes.
Not me. Still love the guy. Love the fact he gave my team the swagger it needed to win a championship, Love the fact he was the best at his position most of his time here. Love the fact “the tip” will always be a great moment for this city. Love the fact he called out his underperforming OC (when every other player was afraid to), and love the fact made a snowflake sportsradio host cry.

It funny how when I read the webzone now, how many Niners fans have embraced Sherm after really hating the guy all of these years. Even calling him a leader. I guess colors of laundry matter.

Yeah...that's kinda the point I'm making.

I won't even attempt to claim that I didn't hate the guy in the midst of that rivalry. He was public enemy #1 in my book.

That really changed for me though when the rivalry diminished in the wake of the Niners collapsing and the departure of Jim Harbaugh.

Moreover, I've become a much more politically minded person in the last few years (I was always political but that ramped up exponentially recently) and I've almost always found myself agreeing with him on any social issue he chose to speak about.

In all honesty, while many people can't stand Jed York, the one thing you can say for him is that he is one of the most liberal owners in the NFL and has constantly backed his players in regards to recent events to that effect.

I mention this not to start a political conversation, but to say that I think that's a piece of the puzzle in the reason why Sherman chose the 49ers as a destination. That's not a slam on Seattle either because clearly they let him and his teammates have that voice when they were there and even publicly defend Kaepernick.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Funny thing about sports, sometimes the guys you hate end up on your team. Then they're "your boy" :lol:
Ricky Watters, couldn't stand him. Then he came here, played hard, solid player etc. Loved him as a Hawk.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
After SB 49 he became more of an issue than a team player and hopefully he grows from it but as much as I hate to say it , I am very glad to see him gone
He didn't play up to his cost for the last 2 years and quite frankly I'm not sure he will ever be shut down again
He got torched more times in the last 2 years than in the previous 3 by a long shot and he only played a season and a partial
Earl Thomas on the other hand has played up to his rep since day one and I hope we can come to an amicable agreement for a few more years or get someone who can come close to filling his shoes
I hope he plays well this year against everyone but us

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawxfreak":22wgljk9 said:
He didn't play up to his cost for the last 2 years and quite frankly I'm not sure he will ever be shut down again
He got torched more times in the last 2 years than in the previous 3 by a long shot and he only played a season and a partial

Earl Thomas on the other hand has played up to his rep since day one and I hope we can come to an amicable agreement for a few more years or get someone who can come close to filling his shoes

In the last two years Earl Thomas has missed 8 games due to injury and Richard Sherman has missed 7 games due to injury.

Not sure how you can discount Sherman for missing games and then pub up Earl Thomas in the next sentence.

By the objective metrics we have Sherman certainly played up to his salary over these last two years. Maybe it just doesn't feel like it because by objective metrics he's spent so much of his career being underpaid.

The question is if he can recover from injury/not decline due to age and STILL live up to his salary. That's obviously an open question.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Sherman is not being coached by Pete Carroll, anymore. That is a bigger factor than age. We have seen many defensive players leave this system and radically decline in performance.

He is now being coached by Robert Saleh, AKA Cueball. This was a defense that allowed the 9th most yards, 8th most points, 8th most passing TDs, and 11th most passing yards. They started the year 0-9 and finished ranked 26th in Defensive DVOA.

Chapow

Reaction score
Madrid Hawk":2v00tmoa said:
I always used to say, "I love Sherman, but man, if he were on a different team, I'd hate him."

Well, I was wrong. I don't hate him. I just don't love him anymore.

What I do still love is what he brought to this team, and all the great memories.

Richard, go out and continue your career in style. Just not against the Seahawks.

Good post and sums up my feelings on Sherman pretty well too.

I'm going to miss him as a Seahawk.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I want to see how he is without Earl Thomas beside him and in a non Pete Carroll scheme. He was never the fastest player and without Pete and Thomas I wonder if his lack of speed gets exposed.

toffee

Reaction score
I speculate that Russ probably love to embarrass Sherm more so than the other way around. The not black or bad enough stuff, the too goodie two shoes stuff, the face of the franchise stuff .....

I suspect Russ will test Sherm and enjoy some success, with Sherm also pick one or so. Assuming Sherm stays healthy enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adeltaY

Reaction score
hawxfreak":37se8rn2 said:
After SB 49 he became more of an issue than a team player and hopefully he grows from it but as much as I hate to say it , I am very glad to see him gone

When has Sherman got burned badly? Fuller got him this year, I'm genuinely at a loss to think of who else has. Brandon Marshall and Mike Evans caught TDs on him in 2016. Happens to every CB now and then, even the elite ones.

Latest posts