Honestly how does KNJ still have a job?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
for the second year in a row this defense is a complete disaster. Watching bad defense make games impossible for me to watch. Its not fun, its infuriating. I was pretty bullish at the beginning of the season but this team is going nowhere with the dumpster fire on the defensive side of the ball. they look ill prepared and lost just like the D coordinator.

PNW

Reaction score
The defense is definitely the problem, Swiss cheese out here.

Polk738

Reaction score
Two pro-bowl level safeties and Matthew Stafford nearly throws for 500 yards with an injured throwing hand.......

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Pics of Pete’s wife?

Only logical answer.

(Homer must have them too)

mistaowen

Reaction score
getnasty":2rv05ow9 said:
16 points not the problem

26 points and 476 yards. Most yards per game in the entire NFL by a long shot. I’d say it’s a problem.

sdog1981

Reaction score
How the Hawks D held the Rams to 2 for 10 on 3rd down and still managed to give up over 475 yards is just a special kind of bad.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
We also need to remember that we were playing a Quarterback that had a messed up throwing hand... Stafford was missing passes that he is usually able to make with boring regularity. He was also throwing some floaters, not usually a Stafford hallmark. He left at least one or two TD's on the field that game.

xray

Reaction score
He has a job because the Hawks have a rotting bag of bones @ HC . Put the blame where it belongs . Carroll is supposed to be a defensive guru ....right ?

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Because Pete is loyal to a fault. The same reason we held onto Bevell after the SB to waste all the remaining LOB years with internal contempt.

sdog1981

Reaction score
FloridaSeahawk18":av3bbw4x said:
Because Pete is loyal to a fault. The same reason we held onto Bevell after the SB to waste all the remaining LOB years with internal contempt.

This is the story of the Pete era. The 30 for 30 in the 2040s would be pretty interesting.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I am not defending him or saying he runs a good defense.

He obviously does not.

But if I had to pick something, I'd point out that they've been fairly good at getting a stop when they NEED a stop. Better than you'd expect them to be.

Other than that? They get walked up and down the field and gassed to hell by the end of the game.

I want to see heavy man coverage from here out. It's beatable, but clearly, the zone is too. Man at least buys time for the pass rush to try to get home.

NY Hawk

Reaction score
Well it sure looked 500 yards the way their wr's were wide open. And at this point who's counting

LTH

Reaction score
NY Hawk":1o1tjvx5 said:
Well it sure looked 500 yards the way their wr's were wide open. And at this point who's counting

Its not over yet... there is still lots of football to be played... they have to make some scheme adjustments and they are still coaching up the young corners... they have to find a way to defend that short pass over the middle.. the D will improve just be patient...

To me it was kind of a freakish game the Hawks were just missing big D plays like Brooks tipped pass that Kupp caught and turned into a big play...

No reason to freak out even if Wilson is out for a couple of games next man up... Geno is a good QB not a bad thing to switch things up a bit for a couple of games... they are going to be fine...

LTH

Natethegreat

Reaction score
The Rams missed a lot of big plays because their QB played poorly in the first half. Misfiring all over the place. Wasn't perfect in the second either. I was stunned when Mcvay chose to run it in the second half on third and long. Giving up thrid and long is our D's specialty.

cymatica

Reaction score
How about when asked why Neal didn't play(he had 6 snaps I think), Pete said "it wasn't in the game plan. Wha??? They seemed perfectly content playing base and having the Rams receivers run by their linebackers all freaking game long like they do every time they play them.

Seriously, how stupid and out of touch with reality are the coaches? Purposefully not playing Neal is the dumbest crap I've seen, even dumber than starting Flowers. If I were Neal, I would be asking to be traded or released. Guarantee he would be starting on most teams

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The thing that sucks is that 'Always Compete' thing says that if you earn a spot, you should be playing.

Neal was one of our best assets in the SF game. He was a key player and made huge plays to help us win that.

His reward?

Sitting in a game where we were facing a team with a good QB and some fantastic receivers. Probably because Blair hits harder so Pete thinks he is better at stopping the run. But Neal did great against the run with SF, and is MUCH better in coverage than Blair.

Neal Competed. Earned a spot. And then sat, because we don't actually follow the rule that won us SBs anymore.

Pete knows best. Even when it makes no sense, is dumb, or utterly fails EVERY TIME.

So they passed all over us. Because we kept covering a top 20 WR (if not top 10) with a LB.

Yeah. That probably isn't even Norton. Only Pete could do something so stupid.