Hope Pete and John are watching the other NFC teams

Optimus25

Reaction score
^ it's not my job to root out that talent. Or yours. Pete has a mile high view with overall responsibilities, but it's Bevell who is supposed to produce with what he has.

Aren't we squeezing blood from turnips everywhere because of the money vested in the defense?

So Bevell couldn't foresee this production at all?

Because pre lockett injury, prich was making the random appearances he had every season. Missing on him not getting many more snaps earlier in the season is obviously a fail. It's impossible to argue. He can't be making one hand touchdowns in the play offs and getting owned by Elliott in practice.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":2bqs4gop said:
^ it's not my job to root out that talent. Or yours. Pete has a mile high view with overall responsibilities, but it's Bevell who is supposed to produce with what he has.

Aren't we squeezing blood from turnips everywhere because of the money vested in the defense?

Because pre lockett injury, prich was making the random appearances he had every season. Missing on him not getting many more snaps earlier in the season is obviously a fail. It's impossible to argue. He can't be making one hand touchdowns in the play offs and getting owned by Elliott in practice.
Wasn't he dinged up too earlier this season?

His coming-out party came in these playoffs. He pretty much earned a starting role going forward. He was next man up and took the job. That's what our guys do.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ily0gmg4 said:
Optimus25":ily0gmg4 said:

Wasn't he dinged up too earlier this season?

His coming-out party came in these playoffs. He pretty much earned a starting role going forward. He was next man up and took the job. That's what our guys do.

Ummm. Possibly. I only recall one game missed due to hamstring tho. But I'd emphasize that in no world would i see him under performing kearse standards. Practice, game, chess, checkers. And this from a consistent kearse defender. But it's plain as day kearse has regressed and prich is superior. I agree about the coming out party speak but that's for fans, great coaches and coordinators force the always compete mantra and find that out beforehand.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3v7vdci4 said:
I was referring to the season as a whole, and although i certainly understand Graham got more targets, i can tell you as a matter of fact there were plenty of situations where kearse had no business on the field at all, and to top that off he was actually targeted in many of those situations, which i pin solely on Bevell.

Check mate.

Let's looks at the number of fades in the end zone for starters.[/quote]

Well, for starters let's look at Richardson's play the entire playoffs. That was there, on tap, all season, minus one game for injury. And Bevell constantly kept kearse ahead of him, bottling up all those dynamic plays that could have been. The utter failure to flat out force defenses to account for Richardson is a glaring failure right now, and proves Bevells inability to evolve.[/quote]
I really doubt on-field personnel groupings is the sole responsibility of one individual. Thinking it's a group effort when designing the gameplan.Also, I have a hunch playing time is earned in practice. Richardson likely will supplant Kearse next season, but it took a meteoric rise by him in these playoffs.[/quote]

Isn't Darrell the OC in charge of the offense and what plays include what players, like a 3rd down back would not be running as a power back on third and one etc. Player groupings unless a player is injured and who plays and starts is usually dependent on the OC. Bevell had pulled Lynch at one time, they pulled other players as well.

This piss ant get out of Jail free card of responsibility being used for the person that is supposedly in charge of the offense has grown old and most are calling BS on it now.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MrThortan":30fwrh7w said:
TwistedHusky":30fwrh7w said:
Or just a reasonably competent OC

Having a great O-line makes it much easier for the OC to look competent.
To the layman. People that know enough football to realize when a match-up is stupid before the ball is snapped are not so easily fooled.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3b4tmo2y said:
Siouxhawk":3b4tmo2y said:
I was referring to the season as a whole, and although i certainly understand Graham got more targets, i can tell you as a matter of fact there were plenty of situations where kearse had no business on the field at all, and to top that off he was actually targeted in many of those situations, which i pin solely on Bevell.

Check mate.

Let's looks at the number of fades in the end zone for starters.

Well, for starters let's look at Richardson's play the entire playoffs. That was there, on tap, all season, minus one game for injury. And Bevell constantly kept kearse ahead of him, bottling up all those dynamic plays that could have been. The utter failure to flat out force defenses to account for Richardson is a glaring failure right now, and proves Bevells inability to evolve.[/quote]
I really doubt on-field personnel groupings is the sole responsibility of one individual. Thinking it's a group effort when designing the gameplan.Also, I have a hunch playing time is earned in practice. Richardson likely will supplant Kearse next season, but it took a meteoric rise by him in these playoffs.[/quote]

Isn't Darrell the OC in charge of the offense and what plays include what players, like a 3rd down back would not be running as a power back on third and one etc. Player groupings unless a player is injured and who plays and starts is usually dependent on the OC. Bevell had pulled Lynch at one time, they pulled other players as well.

This piss ant get out of Jail free card of responsibility being used for the person that is supposedly in charge of the offense has grown old and most are calling BS on it now.
[/quote]
My take was that when they installed the offense, it was a collaborative effort between Pete, Bev, Cable and even Russ.
PRich's breakthrough moment came in the playoffs, when it mattered. Going forward, I'd expect him to be in the starting role, with Kearse falling back on the bench.

chris98251

Reaction score
My take was that when they installed the offense, it was a collaborative effort between Pete, Bev, Cable and even Russ.
PRich's breakthrough moment came in the playoffs, when it mattered. Going forward, I'd expect him to be in the starting role, with Kearse falling back on the bench.

Umm BULLSHIT, as I stated your get out of jail free cards have been cancelled.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":13e8jo32 said:

How is that bullshit? Are you saying there is not a collaborative effort between the 4 I listed in scripting the gameplan? And that would likely include personnel.

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2w93tdoq said:
chris98251":2w93tdoq said:

How is that bullshit? Are you saying there is not a collaborative effort between the 4 I listed in scripting the gameplan? And that would likely include personnel.
Seriously Gawain? It's old already and your mother is dead like your argument.

(I figured you would catch the King Arthur references).

You're a good guy Souix even though I don't agree with you at all. My name is Jo and we aren't Cleveland because right now, right here we're disagreeing but agreeing and have the FO that listens and reacts.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
No idea what that even means. Was that directed toward me?

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk said:
No idea what that even means. Was that directed toward me?[/quoteMaybe? Look I don't like argument that much.......You know that change has to come and the obvious best path is at the coaching level. We're not going to dismantle a young OL with some serious promise in 2-3 spots or dismantle a top 5 defense or dump a 29 year old franchise quarterback. So you tell me your plan.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":31nwygke said:
But all that money on defense, and we can't stop anyone anymore.

Maybe we need to develop an offensive juggernaut that can outscore anyone.
You make it sound like we weren't the 3rd ranked defense in total points and had played the last third of the season without our best player on defense and one of the elite players in the NFL...

Hawks46

Reaction score
randomation":z5zpqwvt said:
IrishNW":z5zpqwvt said:
I hope one day Wilson can play QB on the same level as Rodgers. The man has total command of that offense and you can feel his confidence just watching the game

It develops a lot of confidence when you can rely on your line to not completely miss their assignments.

This is actually the good news here. Our OL is very young and missed a lot of assignments. That should improve next year. It's not like we just got physically over matched or beat. Fant in particular, looks VERY promising. People just don't understand what he accomplished this year and how incredible that really is.

The bad news is that a couple of the guys didn't show much progression in the missed assignment area. One would hope to at least show improvement over the season.

Either way, I have confidence it will get fixed, either by player development or player additions.

classicaaron

Reaction score
we need to throw out this sparq test garbage. even combine results are garbage most times. take the guys who have performed on the field. I understand we have to underspend on the o-line in order to keep everyone else but at least draft actual lineman and not conversion projects. an average college lineman is going to be better than some sparq test stud who never played line. you can take one of these guys with hopes to work him into something and keep him around for emergency situations until he gets the hang of the position but you cant take on 5 projects at once and expect the line to resemble anything worthy of a championship team. also draft some lineman that have some DAWG in them, I could care less about some athletic guy who dances around at the line.