hopefully lesson learned.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Quite a few people talking in gameday chat, saying how horrible this team is, and how the game was over, when it was still the first quarter.

This happens all the time. Every time the team doesn't have the lead there are the same 4 or 5 people who just implode and make gameday chat almost unbearably whiney. It's like they have 0 faith in the team.

NEVER give up on your team in the first damn quarter, especially not with this special team we have now. And come on ........ how about trying to enjoy the game with the rest of us instead of being on pins n needles and having a total meltdown at the first sign of trouble.

Of course, it's probably always going to be that way, but ya never know. Maybe today taught some people a lesson. This is not "same old seahawks."

ATX_Hawk

Reaction score
I agree with you, I was pretty nervous watching at the bar, but I'm really glad we pulled through, I'm even happier that Russell is on our team!

SilNWest

Reaction score
Never said the game was over but I was definitely pissed about the first 2 possessions of the redskins. I don't understand how a Seahawks fan can think that beginning is ok for a team that is this talented.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I was at a friends house . It just didn't feel right after the second redskins score so I left for the comfort of my sea den as soon as I turn it back on we started to roll . I will NEVER EVER NEVER watch a hawks game not I'm my game room NEVER!!

It's only weird if it doesn't work .... Right?!?

mistaowen

Reaction score
It's the same handful of people who POST IN ALL CAPS ABOUT HOW TERRIBLE OUR TEAM IS AND THE NAIL IS IN THE COFFIN if we go down 3-0.

ariel9302

Reaction score
yeah, but for the past 4(+) years that deficit has been impossible to overcome, especially on the road in the playoffs, so I wouldn't chastise people for venting their frustrations at that point. the team really did come out flat on their ass, and it made a whole pumped and jacked fanbase pissed. so what?

VHawk

Reaction score
Gameday chat is full of pussy Hawk fans that have no faith and hang on every little mistake and could care less on all the great plays.I only go there when unable to watch the games.Some of you guys really need to have more faith this is not the same ol' Hawks.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
That's why I don't go into the game day chat .

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Rat and FoxOr were pretty unbearable early on.

ariel9302

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2tqkw56i said:
I was at a friends house . It just didn't feel right after the second redskins score so I left for the comfort of my sea den as soon as I turn it back on we started to roll . I will NEVER EVER NEVER watch a hawks game not I'm my game room NEVER!!

It's only weird if it doesn't work .... Right?!?
HAHA. I always take a shower and get dressed decently to watch big games, and in the first half I was still in scrub clothes from running errands all morning. I knew that was why we came out so flat! I will always prepare properly for playoff games in the future! when I was getting out of the shower marshawn was breaking that huge run on our first possession of the 2nd half and I knew it was on!

aredub

Reaction score
I was saying the whole game! it's a marathon not a sprint! We can get down but we can come back. Especially on the road!

OP
OP
bellingerga

bellingerga

Reaction score
ariel9302":3c2h6tvh said:
yeah, but for the past 4(+) years that deficit has been impossible to overcome, especially on the road in the playoffs, so I wouldn't chastise people for venting their frustrations at that point. the team really did come out flat on their ass, and it made a whole pumped and jacked fanbase pissed. so what?

no one is getting chastised for venting frustrations. we ALL vent frustrations when the team comes out and sucks as bad as they did at first today.

It's just the ones that say "this is over, game over, we're going to lose" when its still the 1st quarter. Also like others have said here, some people just do nothing but hang on to negative, and ignore anything positive.

Davehawk

Reaction score
I was one of the people being negative in the chat today. To be clear i'm not saying the team is terrible or that I hate being a fan or anything of the sort, that entire 1st quarter was atrocious by our Defense and that is what I was basing my comments on. It's the performance i'm calling foul on, not the team.

I cheered up after that horrible 1st quarter was over with and we decided to start ballin' though, Go Hawks!

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I kept to Twitter today to keep up with the fans analysis and opinion. It was by far the best way to follow along with the game (unfortunatly). There was barely any overreaction and some really good, smart observations from both hawk fans and nfl fans.

Rainger

Reaction score
I went into a shell. I didnt post because I was willing the team to win. Wanted no contact with the world. Did not want any of the negative or even positive stuff. Just wanted the game to unfold. Was hoping what happened would, but I was always worried.

drdiags

Reaction score
Try following closet Flynn zealot SoftyKJR for the worse. Deep down he wants failure so he and Millen can fire up the Flynn-mobile. I understand frustration but there are agendas lurking throughout the fan base in my opinion.

VHawk

Reaction score
Knowing that RW is our QB makes me feel like we can do anything,this team is breaking down walls all the way to win a Super Bowl.

Fox0r

Reaction score
bellingerga":2f8mbi65 said:
Quite a few people talking in gameday chat, saying how horrible this team is, and how the game was over, when it was still the first quarter.

This happens all the time. Every time the team doesn't have the lead there are the same 4 or 5 people who just implode and make gameday chat almost unbearably whiney. It's like they have 0 faith in the team.

NEVER give up on your team in the first damn quarter, especially not with this special team we have now. And come on ........ how about trying to enjoy the game with the rest of us instead of being on pins n needles and having a total meltdown at the first sign of trouble.

Of course, it's probably always going to be that way, but ya never know. Maybe today taught some people a lesson. This is not "same old seahawks."

Guilty as charged. Here to eat my crow.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Proud to say I kept the faith. I'm as cynical as the next guy, especially after all the Hawk disappointments over the years, but the first quarter is too soon to give up. Hell, with RW3 I think even down 14-0 in the 4th quarter is too soon to give up. Kid is ice.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Today was the first time since '05 that I wasn't concerned one bit by the early struggles of this team.

Latest posts