hopefully lesson learned.

shicks

Reaction score
I was getting a bit worried, but then I said to my self WWRWD? ( what would Russell Wilson do), and I calmed down and took it one play at a time.

Fox0r

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1nuejrqk said:
Rat and FoxOr were pretty unbearable early on.

No one is perfect, and I will not hesitate to admit I can give up way too easily when it comes to the Hawks. Room for improvement, and I have been making a conscious effort to be more positive. Pulled it together later on in the game. Will try to be more positive next week if they fall down early.

The only thing I can say is that I get really upset because I care SO much about this team, just like everyone else.

So for what it's worth to everyone, apologies for being a debbie downer early on. I want the same thing we ALL want! :)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bellingerga":3iv7bxnz said:
Quite a few people talking in gameday chat, saying how horrible this team is, and how the game was over, when it was still the first quarter.

This happens all the time. Every time the team doesn't have the lead there are the same 4 or 5 people who just implode and make gameday chat almost unbearably whiney. It's like they have 0 faith in the team.

NEVER give up on your team in the first damn quarter, especially not with this special team we have now. And come on ........ how about trying to enjoy the game with the rest of us instead of being on pins n needles and having a total meltdown at the first sign of trouble.

Of course, it's probably always going to be that way, but ya never know. Maybe today taught some people a lesson. This is not "same old seahawks."

Why not kick & temp ban 'em from the chat room? I was in my living room with a bunch of friends for the whole game, so I didn't see it, but I can guess some of the names. We have some serious children that just ruin things for the chat room when a game starts off poorly for the Seahawks.

@Fox0r, you've been miserable in game day chat for years whenever the Seahawks aren't smoking the opponent from the first play. Keep it up and you won't be able to get into it.

Fox0r

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1f6rb8xe said:
bellingerga":1f6rb8xe said:
Quite a few people talking in gameday chat, saying how horrible this team is, and how the game was over, when it was still the first quarter.

This happens all the time. Every time the team doesn't have the lead there are the same 4 or 5 people who just implode and make gameday chat almost unbearably whiney. It's like they have 0 faith in the team.

NEVER give up on your team in the first damn quarter, especially not with this special team we have now. And come on ........ how about trying to enjoy the game with the rest of us instead of being on pins n needles and having a total meltdown at the first sign of trouble.

Of course, it's probably always going to be that way, but ya never know. Maybe today taught some people a lesson. This is not "same old seahawks."

Why not kick & temp ban 'em from the chat room? I was in my living room with a bunch of friends for the whole game, so I didn't see it, but I can guess some of the names. We have some serious children that just ruin things for the chat room when a game starts off poorly for the Seahawks.

Give me a break. Because someone is passionate about the Seahawks and is pessimistic versus optimistic does not mean they are a child. A child also doesn't suck up their pride and apologize for being a pessimist. Not everyone was raised the same way and not everyone's viewpoints toward life are the same as yours or as anyone else who calls themselves an optimist. Instead of calling people children and pointing the finger, perhaps it would be better to stop and assess the whole situation:

1) The pessimists on this board are fans, too. They are not lesser fans because their faith is shaken easily. Perhaps they get so down because they care SO much.

2) Pessimists don't rip on optimists for being positive when we are losing. If you are affected by someone else's mood, then maybe you should evaluate yourself.

3) Pessimists don't consciously CHOOSE to be pessimistic, and I am sure many of them don't like being pessimistic. I don't like being a pessimist. A lot of bad shit has happened to me (especially in my childhood) outside of football in my life, so it is a constant uphill battle to ALWAYS be optimistic. The important part is that I try. You may not see it all the time, but I do. Can't speak for others.

4) I want us to win, you want us to win -- let's leave it at that. Instead of putting a pessimist down, why not try to be encouraging or offer them understanding instead of putting them down? Aren't we all on the same team after all?

Kicking and temp banning someone for caring is ridiculous.

If people think that I'm a child, that's unfortunate. I will be the first to admit that being a pessimist can negatively influence the way people view a person. It's particularly unfortunate because I am a good person, with three children who I love very much. I have been married for 8 years, and I spend any and all free time I have with my children, to make sure they are better people and have a life I didn't when I was younger. I can admit I have faults, but I'm not afraid to admit them and I'm also not afraid to face them.

I'll be back next week, too, and I'll take another step toward trying to be more positive -- but if I slip, that's okay, too -- and the only person that needs to matter to in the end is me.

The other unfortunate thing is that, while I'm a pessimist and I get slammed for it -- I care for everyone on this board -- even you, Roland, though we tend to clash every now and again -- and I view everyone as "friends" of sorts; because I cherish this community and it is a large reason I spend a lot of my time posting here.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm just remembering times last year where you literally said 50 bad things in a row in one quarter. Not just "bad play" or stuff like that, but straight-up bashing our team and its players to the point of annoying most of the other people in the chat room. Sorry, don't take it personally.

Fox0r

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":d54e4sdz said:
I'm just remembering times last year where you literally said 50 bad things in a row in one quarter. Not just "bad play" or stuff like that, but straight-up bashing our team and its players to the point of annoying most of the other people in the chat room. Sorry, don't take it personally.

Not taking it personally, just trying to make it clear that:

a) I'm aware I'm like this.
b) I don't like it, either.
c) I am trying to be more positive
d) It isn't always easy, and when I slip up, it will help me more in the long run if people encourage me, versus bash me.

It is not easy to go against someone's nature, but I'm taking steps and in the long run, I'll turn it over and become an optimist. Just need support along the way.

Fox0r

Reaction score
And for the times I have been negative, to everyone that it bothers: I straight up apologize. I am not trying to bring anyone else down, by any means, and would never want that. So I'd like to extend apologies and put that water under the bridge.

Joey13091

Reaction score
I am very optimistic about this team. The hawks have shown that they can achieve the feats that they couldn't before. ( coming from behind, wining close games, winning on the road, in the playoffs and regular season). The old seahawks never came from behind to win a game, not even if it's just 14 points. I think that's why a lot of people get the way the op suggested. When the old seahawks got behind, they never came back.

The team we have now it seems can overcome anything. I just hope we can continue and take it to Atlanta next weekend.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Fox0r":o6ic8s24 said:
Jazzhawk":o6ic8s24 said:

No one is perfect, and I will not hesitate to admit I can give up way too easily when it comes to the Hawks. Room for improvement, and I have been making a conscious effort to be more positive. Pulled it together later on in the game. Will try to be more positive next week if they fall down early.

The only thing I can say is that I get really upset because I care SO much about this team, just like everyone else.

So for what it's worth to everyone, apologies for being a debbie downer early on. I want the same thing we ALL want! :)
No worries my friend....sent you a PM to discuss further.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Even when we were down 14. I knew all we needed was a scoring drive of any type and a defensive stop. Keep the faith.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":1gcwm4h0 said:
Try following closet Flynn zealot SoftyKJR for the worse. Deep down he wants failure so he and Millen can fire up the Flynn-mobile. I understand frustration but there are agendas lurking throughout the fan base in my opinion.
Geez Doc I'm shocked that two such classy, straight up honest guys like Softy and Millen would carry agendas. Wow, next you'll try to tell me that the refs in XL* made calls at critical junctures of the game that all went against the Seahawks. :sarcasm_off:

Fox0r

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":24qn3kmt said:
Fox0r":24qn3kmt said:
Jazzhawk":24qn3kmt said:

No worries my friend....sent you a PM to discuss further.

Got it and responded. Thanks, Jazz.

blue 22

Reaction score
I had to leave because of all the negativity early on but came back and it was better. Negative nancies need to toughen up and believe! The hawks are good and they are not going to be out of any games any time soon so enjoy the games and have fun with it.

Some of the guys in the chat are funny as hell. love being a part of it.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Not that I was included in any of that, but if anything; hopefully this is a lesson learned by the defense coming out completely flat regardless of the fact that they had a great design for us. Hopefully a lesson learned to Bevell to not come out and throw 3 times in a row because you're more likely to go 3 n out. Hopefully a lesson learned for Gus to not come out with nothing but soft zones and no mixture.

There was a lot to learn from that game. Good win, but we need to be and can be better. We'll have to going forward.

HawkWow

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2fv6vc33 said:
Even when we were down 14. I knew all we needed was a scoring drive of any type and a defensive stop. Keep the faith.

This was me as well. Had we went to the half down 14-0, I would not have been quite so calm. I was getting texts from Niner dix as well as Packer fans. The Niner fans, supposed friends, were rubbing it in with some assinine commentary. My Packer bro said it best: "Hey, the game is early, they just scored 14, you know there's plenty of time for the Hawks to do the same".

I'd be lying if I said I had no concerns, I was mostly concerned with the play of Browner (at that point) but I remained confident we'd climb back. Why? Russell Wilson (and Marshawn Lynch). When RW was named starter coming out of camp, I was pizzed. I didn't think he earned the spot. 16 weeks later, I just knew this kid would bring us back and win this game. I begged for Pete to put the game on RW's back. I am amazed by his poise and that can be said for the entire team. When did I KNOW we would win? I knew we'd win when Lynch fumbled. Seriously. I spare you the long reason why. You likely felt the same.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":ljpf64ue said:
......The Niner fans, supposed friends, were rubbing it in with some assinine commentary..........
Your friends that are Whiner fans sound eerily like my friends that are Whiner fans. Christ is it just automatic that if you're a fan of that team you are a megadouche? Apparently so.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":19l4msfr said:
HawkWow":19l4msfr said:
......The Niner fans, supposed friends, were rubbing it in with some assinine commentary..........
Your friends that are Whiner fans sound eerily like my friends that are Whiner fans. Christ is it just automatic that if you're a fan of that team you are a megadouche? Apparently so.

...what is equally bothersome is their pretentious BS about rooting for the Hawks (when not playing the Niners); "hey bro....good luck today, I'm rootin' for you guys". BS. I know he was giggling like a school girl when ML fumbled inspiring his "ouch" message. I so badly want the Niners in the NFC title game.

smerfy01

Reaction score
i will admit, i was a bit nervous in that first quarter.

told my friends though that were getting mad that all we needed to do was stop those stretch plays. once that happened, it was all downhill for the redskins.