Hopefully our Guinness record doesn't fall Monday

Smellyman

Reaction score
if they break it I hope their are a lot of threads on it and much butthurt.

If they don't, I hope there is a lot of revelling about how the 12's are the best.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":20wk2upb said:
Meh, who cares. They have almost 10,000 more seats than the Clink, I hope they would be able to make more noise. They can have the certificate, Ill take the Lombardi.

Screw that, let's compete! Seattle has always been loudest and whatever happens us 12s can kick their rears.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":213sec8t said:
Hawk_Nation":213sec8t said:
Meh, who cares. They have almost 10,000 more seats than the Clink, I hope they would be able to make more noise. They can have the certificate, Ill take the Lombardi.

Screw that, let's compete! Seattle has always been loudest and whatever happens us 12s can kick their rears.

Honestly I think they'll beat it and if we tried again, we'll probably lose.

Why? the two games we recorded at were very high profile games. Theirs was against like who again?

When we first broke the record, they beat us by by a pretty significant number. When we took it back, it took a while but we beat it by only .1 dB.

If they take it fine. Our team is still better, and our stadium is capable of producing almost the same level of sound as a stadium with 10k more people in it. Screw it.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Maybe we should let the Chiefs have something, they haven't won a playoff game in ages. ;)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
12th_Bob":2lynbvqs said:
Maybe we should let the Chiefs have something, they haven't won a playoff game in ages. ;)
Fine with me all I really care about is winning the game against them later this season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
drdiags":29gvvq4k said:
The problem is that the Seahawks FO had nothing to do with promoting the Guinness record attempt. That was Joe Tafoya and friends. I guess the team could have kept them off the field when they took the measurements?

I guarantee you the Hawks have to allow Guinness to come in here to set up all their stupid equipment.

I get that it's also a PR opportunity for us, but this shizzle has jumped the shark, big time. It's time to stop the madness and tell Guinness thanks, but no thanks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm amused by how many people are bothered by this back & forth with Guinness.

Seriously, who cares?

Let Guinness come back to Seattle for us to try and break it again if they want to; what's it matter?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":avvhmk32 said:

Seriously, who cares?

Let Guinness come back to Seattle for us to try and break it again if they want to; what's it matter?
It doesn't either we take it back or not it's good either way. Both fanbases/stadiums are well known for being loud so it's a win/win situation for all involved.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3rqgrsnn said:

Seriously, who cares?

Cause it's dumb and annoys me.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":v98x56uf said:
It doesn't either we take it back or not it's good either way. Both fanbases/stadiums are well known for being loud so it's a win/win situation for all involved.
Exactly; yet, we have a LOT of people that seem bothered by this. Oh well, I guess even as reigning Superb Owl champions, we need to find illegitimate things to whine about, instead of just legitimate things...

Sgt. Largent":v98x56uf said:
Man, I don't know what I'd do in life if I came across something I thought was dumb that annoyed me. :lol: It'd be a real crisis.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1vg2j8q6 said:

Sgt. Largent":1vg2j8q6 said:
Man, I don't know what I'd do in life if I came across something I thought was dumb that annoyed me. :lol: It'd be a real crisis.

I drink a lot, which helps.

C-HAWK84

Reaction score
So I'm a little confused.... Most replies are saying ehh I'm over fighting for the record. Should the players say ehh I've got a ring I'm over fighting for it? Players continue to fight, fans continue to cheer. Thinking we should give up because they have 10k more fans, is a crap way to give up. Take pride in the team show the team that they have the best fan base that will fight to prove it! They have 10k more, we can encourage those that can't get in the game to cheer on the out side. Of course this all depends on if kc can break the record or not. Mainly just trying to say that the hawks are still trying to be the best, I think we fans should be as well!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
C-HAWK84":1c010rid said:
So I'm a little confused.... Most replies are saying ehh I'm over fighting for the record. Should the players say ehh I've got a ring I'm over fighting for it? Players continue to fight, fans continue to cheer. Thinking we should give up because they have 10k more fans, is a crap way to give up. Take pride in the team show the team that they have the best fan base that will fight to prove it! They have 10k more, we can encourage those that can't get in the game to cheer on the out side. Of course this all depends on if kc can break the record or not. Mainly just trying to say that the hawks are still trying to be the best, I think we fans should be as well!

Comparing cheering for a meaningless record to winning Lombardi trophies, that's cute!

We cheer because we're passionate insane fans that love helping give our beloved team the best home field advantage in all of professional sports...........not for a book that hasn't been relevant in 40 years.

253hawk

Reaction score
It's just a fun rivalry thing that I think both sides are cool with but the rest of the country hates us for it and thinks it's just a big, overblown gimmick. We're the Cheeseheads/Hogs/Dog Pound/Black Hole/whatever, except we're superior in numbers and actually have an effect on the game.

hawkpride

Reaction score
I'm with the who care's crowd. I mean the 12s at the clink are the loudest most passionate fans in the NFL, everyone knows this. If a team records a higher level on a given game day, its mute as back at the clink the next game we will have it back. All that matters is we know how to effect the opposing team with our noise, and that helps our team.

That is all.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":3rllfo00 said:
Don't even care about the record any more. At some decibel level below the record, you're hitting diminishing returns anyway as far as affecting communication. Loud is loud, and the key is consistency which C-Link brings every week on its own accord. Who cares how loud a stadium is when it needs the front office to drum up special attention for it.
Yep, now maybe they will get on the other bandwagon and retire the # 12 too, eh? :0190l:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":34i4q5ks said:
Comparing cheering for a meaningless record to winning Lombardi trophies, that's cute!

What people ascribe meaning to is really up to them. The Lombardi means much more to the players who earned it right? Or does it? Some fans have been waiting for 30+ years for this moment and yet some first-year players have a ring. In the overall scheme of things in the world, winning a Lombardi trophy is fairly worthless and meaningless, too. Don't get me wrong, it means something to me that we won, but you can't dictate to me how much it means.

Those fans who feel passion for the team, who give meaning to being part of the experience and take pride in the noise--don't tell them how to feel or what is meaningful. That's not your place. Being a part of the loudest stadium on the planet may be quite important to some 12s because THEY can earn it as opposed to the players on the field.

chris98251

Reaction score
If the Chiefs fans take it back Paul will just have to buy better amplifiers to push the piped in crowd noise up a few more decibels, :) :p