Horrible TD call cost Seahawks the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":15zvuz69 said:
Seymour":15zvuz69 said:
Jville":15zvuz69 said:
Are there those among us whose life's work is that of dedicating a life time to gathering and collecting grievances?

Yes. I've committed my life's work to this just as you have yours to silly exaggerations. I appreciate your contributions also. :2thumbs:

A question is not an exaggeration. A question is a question.

True but it's more than a question. "Life's work" and "lifetime" is an exaggeration isn't it?

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jville":1jztjgvq said:
hawknation2018":1jztjgvq said:
Jville":1jztjgvq said:
Seymour":1jztjgvq said:
Yes. I've committed my life's work to this just as you have yours to silly exaggerations. I appreciate your contributions also. :2thumbs:

Are there those among us whose life's work is that of dedicating a life time to gathering and collecting grievances about other people’s grievances?

I suppose this thread is dedicated to grieving so carry on ..... :229031_shrug: ....... although, it doesn't do much for the pursuit of happiness in following the Seahawks.

The thread was about whether a TD was called correctly.

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":1slwkmsw said:
Jville":1slwkmsw said:
Seymour":1slwkmsw said:
Jville":1slwkmsw said:
Are there those among us whose life's work is that of dedicating a life time to gathering and collecting grievances?

True but it's more than a question. "Life's work" and "lifetime" is an exaggeration isn't it?

I would be more inclined to call that redundant on my part.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jville":1razhd14 said:
Seymour":1razhd14 said:
Jville":1razhd14 said:
Seymour":1razhd14 said:

Maybe we could get back on topic ... or move on to another?

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
During yesterday’s press conference, Carroll said “when you look at where the pylon is, which is out of bounds, the shading of the grass isn’t the same right there. It was really difficult to tell where his foot was. His foot was on the pylon to us, which means he’s out of bounds. But look at it again and see how the white line and the other little shading in there, there’s a little discrepancy in there it looked like. It could be the T.V., I don’t know. His foot was real solidly even with that pylon. Maybe it was in there, maybe it slid to that point, I don’t know.

“One guy really saw it clearly and then got talked out of it. The other guy really saw it clearly and talked him into it. That turned it to a situation where the decision was it was a touchdown, they would have had to challenge it. It would’ve been interesting would they have challenged that play had the original call of incomplete had stood. I don’t know what they would’ve done but it was really a difficult one to tell. They had enough discrepancy they had to go to the replay, and then replay they came out pretty strong. When they came out of it, they thought they saw it. When we looked at it, even at the end, we were surprised.”

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":17ycc3q4 said:
Seymour":17ycc3q4 said:
Jville":17ycc3q4 said:
Seymour":17ycc3q4 said:

You completely missed the point. A few complaints does not equal "life's work", and nobody makes grievances a "life's work". That is an exaggeration meant to shame somebody into stop doing what you are clearly bothered by. If you don't understand this, the childish pouting will only get worse.

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":32499epr said:
Jville":32499epr said:
Seymour":32499epr said:
Jville":32499epr said:

You completely missed the point. A few complaints does not equal "life's work", and nobody makes grievances a "life's work". That is an exaggeration meant to shame somebody into stop doing what you are clearly bothered by. If you don't understand this, the childish pouting will only get worse.

Doesn't bother me. People pursue what they wish.

The link to the post Denver game transcript of the Pete Carroll's press conference >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawksmedia.com/transcripts/carroll-09-11-18/[/urltargetblank]

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Jville":1v6rdydr said:
UK_Seahawk":1v6rdydr said:
Jville":1v6rdydr said:
Do uncomfortable questions elicit name calling responses?

No, just the stupid hyperbolic questions.

"Are there those among us whose life's work is that of dedicating a life time to gathering and collecting grievances?"

Pointing out some poor refereeing hardly fits into the above.

My Oh My ..... so an uncomfortable question can also elicit a nonsense response as a companion response?

Neither a Google or Bing search return anything for "hyperbolic questions". Closest search return address "questions about hyperbolic (math) functions"
hyperbolic
ˌhʌɪpəˈbɒlɪk/Submit
adjective
relating to a hyperbola.
(of language) deliberately exaggerated.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.