Hot names for the new OC

ludakrishna

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1350086528849088513[/tweet]

Anthony Lynn + Pete Carroll in game decision making and time management is a lethal combination [/sarcasm]

zchurch74

Reaction score
Not a fan of Lynn. Nothing close to being creative. I think there are better options out there.

Fanatics

Reaction score
Missing the target with many of these names. Pete wants 3 yards and a cloud of dust type offense, not prolific high powered offense. That is why I think Field Gulls is on the right track and saying Anthony Lynn will be in the running, if he wants to return to be a coordinator.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
olyfan63":3tse5pdk said:
TreeRon":3tse5pdk said:
Geo. W Bush called plays for the Skins once in awhile. I heard he can draw some great plays.
Thought that was Nixon, not Bush.

You missed it.. think he was referencing Bush's Play drawings.. (which are really really good) Google it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lynn may wait till HC Coaching Carousel is done before committing to a OC.

But yes he is a perfect Pete Pick, he is well liked and Herbert did pretty well under him.

Checks all the boxes there.

Sorry Fantasy guys, better choose another teams players, this will be boring and predictable going forward.

Look for Wilson to average 200 or so a game in passing.

Momofantv

Reaction score
Looking to be like were screwed hard for the next few years, when Russ demands a trade next off season and we wont get a top 3 first round pick for him so we wont have a QB for the next 2-4 years after 2022.

chris98251

Reaction score
Momofantv":usvhujh0 said:
Looking to be like were screwed hard for the next few years, when Russ demands a trade next off season and we wont get a top 3 first round pick for him so we wont have a QB for the next 2-4 years after 2022.

Tell me the last time we had a top 10 pick at QB that panned out?

I will wait. I may be in the Ground when you find one, but will wait.

CPHawk

Reaction score
ducks41468":2t8lrely said:
Gio":2t8lrely said:
Steichen or Anthony Lynn

Lynn would actually be a good hire, so take him out.

Saw a tweet saying he has talked to Pete about the job. The chargers O was pretty good this year, and he likes to run the ball if the RB aren’t all hurt.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
chris98251":zu5zxs2h said:
Momofantv":zu5zxs2h said:

Rick Mirer, after being not good for a few years here, we pawned him off on the Bears for the 11th pick which we traded for the 3rd and took Shawn Springs.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Seahawks OC Interview Questions:
1. Can you win an NFL game in the 1st quarter?
2. Can you win an NFL game in the 2nd quarter?
3. Can you win an NFL game in the 3rd quarter?
4. Can you win an NFL game in the 4th quarter?

This selection is going to be so underwhelming, I’m trying to cope with the disappointment already.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3udeotz8 said:
Seahawks OC Interview Questions:
1. Can you win an NFL game in the 1st quarter?
2. Can you win an NFL game in the 2nd quarter?
3. Can you win an NFL game in the 3rd quarter?
4. Can you win an NFL game in the 4th quarter?

This selection is going to be so underwhelming, I’m trying to cope with the disappointment already.

Yeah, because no matter who they pick, you're going to find a reason to down it.

Pete picks a guy you don't like? We suck forever.
Pete picks a guy that's meh? Uninspiring, won't push over the hump.
Pete picks a guy you love? Oh, now he's a yes man, we suck forever.

94Smith

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3vk7ifnp said:
How would y'all feel about Mike McDaniel? San Francisco's run-game coordinator. That's a hire I'd love to see.

Sounds like the 49ers are going to promote him to OC to try to retain him

sdog1981

Reaction score
Anthony Lynn could be the guy. Pete loves to hire coaches that ran over his team.

Cable's Raiders rushed for 239 yards on the Seahawks in 2010, by 2011 he was the Seahawks Oline coach to build a line that could do the same thing.

2016 Lynn's Bills rushed for 162 yards and 2 TDs on Monday Night.

2018 Norv Turner's Panthers rushed for 220 yards against the Hawks. He is currently no coaching

2019 Norv gashed the hawks for 145

2020 Jason Garrett's Giants rushed for 190 and Gery Kubiak's Vikings rushed for over 200

Taking all of this into account I think the guys Pete will attempt to get are Lynn or Turner.

Fun fact, Norv Turner is the only head coach in NFL history to have 100 wins and a have a career winning percentage below .500

chris98251

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":pjjoqt13 said:
chris98251":pjjoqt13 said:
Momofantv":pjjoqt13 said:

Rick Mirer, after being not good for a few years here, we pawned him off on the Bears for the 11th pick which we traded for the 3rd and took Shawn Springs.

Ric Mirer started off ok, then got the first case of David Carr syndrome as he got beat up, maybe it was that Hotdog he ate, should have taken Tez's from him. He was not a success, Drew Bledsoe was the Success of that draft.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
chris98251":3nlr6b2p said:
XxXdragonXxX":3nlr6b2p said:
chris98251":3nlr6b2p said:
Momofantv":3nlr6b2p said:

Ric Mirer started off ok, then got the first case of David Carr syndrome as he got beat up, maybe it was that Hotdog he ate, should have taken Tez's from him. He was not a success, Drew Bledsoe was the Success of that draft.

And I think that was because teams found out he couldn't throw to the left side of the field so swamped the rt side.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
massari":2gbo3q3w said:
If PC is actually the problem, why doesn't Wilson use his power to change it? Got to believe ownership views Wilson above PC on the hierarchy.

I just read that Russ wanted some say over the next OC

James in PA

Reaction score
Sounds like Doug Pederson is out & will be taking the next year off. Damn. Today’s new name in the search for our next OC: Kirby Wilson from the Raiders.

Who? Also, this guy has been around Tom Cable! No thanks!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kf3339

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2x16xdei said:
"Seeing as he's the playcaller and he also brought a whole new passing scheme to Seattle with him... I think its fairly safe to say it was primarily on him"
I tend to agree with that view. Russ can throw short. He's just doing what he's been advised/coached to do according to the game plan and calling the plays that are sent in to him.
I think we'd have been better off had Russ been calling his own plays according to his feel of the game.

I've said the same thing for several years. But got flamed for thinking RW should ignore the coaches plays and call his own. Go figure

Latest posts