How did Odhiambo do?

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm a consummate OL doubter but I saw an actual pocket quite a bit that game. I think it might be addition by subtraction with Fant, much as it sucks for him to go down after all his work.

getnasty

Reaction score
HawkFan72":24gck7kl said:
He did really well. Wilson had a pretty clean pocket most of the game. Odhiambo gave up one really bad sack, but they said after the game that was due to a miscommunication that shouldn't happen again.

I'm not sure if it was a communication as much as he just whiffed on the block but maybe I didn't see it right.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I mentioned Rees in the game day thread and I've also said I'm a fan. He's much much better at tackle than guard. He's been frankly terrible at guard and my fear was that would be people's overriding memory of his play. I personally have never seen the hype in Fant and think that we are much better off with Odhiambo at tackle. One big whiff the other night but he was otherwise solid.

I might have to change my name to ROfan.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
getnasty":1cfhdslw said:
HawkFan72":1cfhdslw said:
He did really well. Wilson had a pretty clean pocket most of the game. Odhiambo gave up one really bad sack, but they said after the game that was due to a miscommunication that shouldn't happen again.

I'm not sure if it was a communication as much as he just whiffed on the block but maybe I didn't see it right.

You didn't

sutz

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":2tmw5c5u said:
getnasty":2tmw5c5u said:
HawkFan72":2tmw5c5u said:

You didn't
Odhiambo probably assumed (there's that word ;) ) that the guard would cover him to the inside and released his man.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
sutz":3ic4hg3j said:
TransGenderHawkFan":3ic4hg3j said:
getnasty":3ic4hg3j said:
HawkFan72":3ic4hg3j said:

You didn't
Odhiambo probably assumed (there's that word ;) ) that the guard would cover him to the inside and released his man.

That was the indication in the post game comments. He released him to Joekel to take another man, but Joekel doubled on the DT with Britt, iirc.

chris98251

Reaction score
These are growing pains with a different composition, if the group can play together for a while these kind of issues become non issues.

Jville

Reaction score
Nice little summary update on left tackle >>>>> [urltargetblank]http://sports.mynorthwest.com/329268/rees-odhiambo-impressive/[/urltargetblank]

I also like what I saw of Matt Tobin. I thought he and Jordan Roos at LG paired up nicely

Matt Tobin also played at left tackle less than a week after being acquired from Philadelphia, and Carroll pointed out that Seattle was effective running the ball to the left when Tobin was in the game.

Additional note .... [tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Louie/status/902249140142444544[/tweet]

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Interesting tangent here, Leno is the guy Reese replaced after Leno got drafted, and Reese ended up a higher draft pick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729 ... -extension

Per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, Leno's extension with the Bears will pay him up to $38 million over four years with $21.5 million in guaranteed money.

Leno has been a pleasant surprise for the Bears since being a seventh-round draft pick in 2014. He appeared in six games as a rookie before appearing in every game at left tackle in 2015.

The Bears made Leno their starting left tackle last season. The former Boise State standout rewarded that confidence by starting all 16 games. John Gatta of Pro Football Focus noted Leno was the NFL's fifth-most improved offensive tackle from 2015-16.