How do Pats match up with us?

Nog

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":vdz06zkn said:
falcongoggles":vdz06zkn said:
I am much more worried this year than last. The Patriots are built to be Seattle kryptonite.

-dink and dunk capable QB that can cut up our LBs
-strong opposing o-line
-quick release QB able to neutralize pass rush
-strong DBs
-Bowling ball of running back
-Decent pash rush

Seahawks have to 100% purge the demons from this weekend to win

Except the RB, you just described Denver last year.
Nope the Broncos had horrendous DB's.

chris98251

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1yh2kcw3 said:
Your defense will be exposed in 2 weeks.

With what?

Better Running back? Nope Blount is a horse when he's focused and Bill lets him play, but Lacy is better.

Also we can get into Blounts head, he has no composure or discipline.

Better Line then GB or S.F. nope.

Better Receivers as a group? Nope, G.B has a better over all group, Gronk is one player, ask Vernon Davis what happens.

Better QB? Nope, Manning and Rodgers are rated better, Brady is good, I think more Gutsy, but can be baited as well due to his mentality, tell him he can't do something and he will try to prove you wrong versus play it smart.

Bill will try trickery and misdirection in some way shape or form, the key is to see it ahead of time.

Beating up on the Colts who have thrown gifts to teams all season and just didn't have the horses to come back against you tonight has you confident, that's fine.

Were not Rex Ryan and the Jets, a dysfunctional division opponent like the Dolphins, we have been playing against the best the league has to offer, we will treat the Patriots the same way. We also have incentive, I am sure Pete will be working overtime to try and secure a victory against the Team that fired him without giving him a real chance to succeed.

You guys looked like you were hitting on all cylinders tonight, that's great you have no excuses in two weeks.

I'm sure Bill is sending his video crew to the practice fields as we speak to get a edge on the Seahawks practices.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
The numbers say that the secondary of the Patriots is vulnerable and that there should be plays to be made downfield ...

Pass Completions of 20 Yards+ Allowed ...
Seattle Seahawks ...... 32 (#1 -- Fewest in the NFL)
Green Bay Packers ... 50 (17th in the NFL)
Indianapolis Colts ...... 54 (tied for 20th)
New England Patriots 62 (tied for 3rd MOST allowed in the NFL)

Expect Carroll and the coaching staff to figure out a way to exploit that.

jachba

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3tf8lrp9 said:
HeatEquation":3tf8lrp9 said:

Are you a Broncos fan from January 2014?

He's a Patriot troll. A lot of their fans and media are unbelievably arrogant. They invade other teams' message boards and pull this kind of nonsense.

hawk45

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2cnrhzsx said:
The numbers say that the secondary of the Patriots is vulnerable and that there should be plays to be made downfield ...

Pass Completions of 20 Yards+ Allowed ...
Seattle Seahawks ...... 32 (#1 -- Fewest in the NFL)
Green Bay Packers ... 50 (17th in the NFL)
Indianapolis Colts ...... 54 (tied for 20th)
New England Patriots 62 (tied for 3rd MOST allowed in the NFL)

Expect Carroll and the coaching staff to figure out a way to exploit that.

Revis got absolutely destroyed by Flacco two weeks ago. Believe he had a somewhat redemptive pick near the end, but I have never seen such a butt-whipping put on a supposedly great DB.

Using MeatEquation's logic, that means that we will burn him for 6 scores. Phew, I feel much better now.

I'm not going to overreact to recent games quite as much as our hormonal Patriot friend, but if they are that vulnerable downfield who knows perhaps a game plan similar to the one we used vs. Carolina is more of an option than I thought it was.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
chris98251":jkhujgt6 said:
HeatEquation":jkhujgt6 said:

With what?

Better Running back? Nope Blount is a horse when he's focused and Bill lets him play, but Lacy is better.

Also we can get into Blounts head, he has no composure or discipline.

Better Line then GB or S.F. nope.

Better Receivers as a group? Nope, G.B has a better over all group, Gronk is one player, ask Vernon Davis what happens.

Better QB? Nope, Manning and Rodgers are rated better, Brady is good, I think more Gutsy, but can be baited as well due to his mentality, tell him he can't do something and he will try to prove you wrong versus play it smart.

Bill will try trickery and misdirection in some way shape or form, the key is to see it ahead of time.

Beating up on the Colts who have thrown gifts to teams all season and just didn't have the horses to come back against you tonight has you confident, that's fine.

Were not Rex Ryan and the Jets, a dysfunctional division opponent like the Dolphins, we have been playing against the best the league has to offer, we will treat the Patriots the same way. We also have incentive, I am sure Pete will be working overtime to try and secure a victory against the Team that fired him without giving him a real chance to succeed.

You guys looked like you were hitting on all cylinders tonight, that's great you have no excuses in two weeks.

I'm sure Bill is sending his video crew to the practice fields as we speak to get a edge on the Seahawks practices.

Coaching. That's the variable you seemed to ignore in your post. Belichick is on another level from every other coach in the league at the moment. Pete is a good coach himself, but Belichick has been masterful since week 4. Do we have a more talented receiving corps than GB? No. But I assure you that we will play a much better and more complete game than GB did. Belichick is not afraid of being aggressive. If he gets a lead, he won't be a sissy like McCarthy and try to sit on it. He will go for the knockout blow drive after drive.

Our receivers happen to be very good against physical corners. That's why I like the matchup. If you guys play press man, which I assume you will, I love our chances. Edelman, Lafell, and even Amendola as of late, have been very good against press. Gronk is obviously a game changer. We will likely get our C Brian Stork back in 2 weeks which will further bolster the Oline, and Blount should be able to run it down the middle on you guys. Vereen is a dual threat and could pose a match up problem for you.

theascension

Reaction score
As you saw in the AFC Championship Belichick/Brady are very aggressive, 4th and 4 up 38-7 and going for it? They are a very scary team. We have to play 100% mistake free offense. The defense will be fired up to play Brady and I think they will play great but no way Belichick doesn't go for those two 4th downs McCarthy didn't. Belichick also wouldn't run 5/6 times in the 2nd half with such a small lead. We have to play much better football, Patriots thrive off blowing out games.

I do like a 9th ranked rush defense with a slow Wilfork however. I think we should come out with 3 straight runs, give the beast a chance and play very conservative 1st quarter and a half.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Pats and Hawks are going to be an great game.

What is going to be funny is the mediots that think Hawks are going to get killed by NE because Russ had the worst game of his life today and GB started 6 drives on the Seahawks side of the field.
At this point, knowing what we know about this team and how they usually play, I'm not sure how anyone that saw that game today could feel confident about putting this team away. They just don't stop.

How many times do they have to prove it? They are just never out of any game, ever.

Atlanta 2012 kept coming to mind, Chicago in 2012, NE 2012, Tampa 2013, Houston 2013, the 2013 NFCCG, at Carolina 2014, Denver in week 2 and today against GB.

NE? Ok.. your good, but you are going to have to prove it and it might take 5 quarters.

kmedic

Reaction score
I'm sure most of us here remember the 2012 "U Mad Bro?" Game....that's what I'm envisioning in the SB. A ton of passes (maybe 40 or more), mostly short, against our defense. Just a bit of running to keep them balanced. We really need a healthy Earl and a ferocious Kam to shut down the middle of the field. It's gonna be an epic battle IMO, probably will come down to the last few minutes again like last time.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1jwlnh53 said:
Coaching. That's the variable you seemed to ignore in your post. Belichick is on another level from every other coach in the league at the moment. Pete is a good coach himself, but Belichick has been masterful since week 4. Do we have a more talented receiving corps than GB? No. But I assure you that we will play a much better and more complete game than GB did. Belichick is not afraid of being aggressive. If he gets a lead, he won't be a sissy like McCarthy and try to sit on it. He will go for the knockout blow drive after drive.

Our receivers happen to be very good against physical corners. That's why I like the matchup. If you guys play press man, which I assume you will, I love our chances. Edelman, Lafell, and even Amendola as of late, have been very good against press. Gronk is obviously a game changer. We will likely get our C Brian Stork back in 2 weeks which will further bolster the Oline, and Blount should be able to run it down the middle on you guys. Vereen is a dual threat and could pose a match up problem for you.

This will be a great matchup and the reason that it's going to be great is exactly what you mentioned right up front -- coaching. Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll are the best 2 chess masters in the NFL in my opinion. Both of them are extremely similar, in that BOTH are extremely good at figuring out what a team likes to do ... and taking it away. They are excellent at breaking down game field, finding team's weaknesses, and exploiting them. They are also both very good at making in game adjustments. If a team is having success against them early, they figure out how to compensate. From my standpoint, I have never seen a coach better at that than Pete Carroll. As Seahawks fans, we have seen that time and time again ... and that's precisely what happened again tonight. Give both of these coaches 2 weeks to prepare -- WHOOO! It's going to be something else. Should be a whale of a game.

knownone

Reaction score
We have the pieces to shut down Gronk and the front 7 to stop the run without committing numbers in the box. If it comes down to Tom Brady against our defense, i like our chances, he can only dink and dunk so long before the overall pressure and beatings wear down those receivers. If Seattle can run the ball this game won't be close. No team has been able to stop the read option consistently after Beast Mode get's going.

jake206

Reaction score
Seahawks just need to play their game. If anything watch the Ravens game and pick up some weaknesses. One thing I noticed, Ravens RB Justin Forsett (ex-Seahawk) was tearing them a new hole. Without Brady going into trickplay bag, Pats would be at home watching the SB. Just watchout for trick plays and maybe pull a couple out as added distraction. But Pats D-Line is a sieve against the run.

Guy I would keep my eye on is: Jamie Collins, he's their true x-factor on defense.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
jake206":37b7gfn9 said:
Seahawks just need to play their game. If anything watch the Ravens game and pick up some weaknesses. One thing I noticed, is Ravens RB Justin Forsett (ex-Seahawk) was tearing them a new hole. Without Brady going into trickplay bag, Pats would be at home watching the SB. Just watchout for trick plays and maybe pull a couple out as added distraction. But Pats D-Line is a sieve against the run.

Guy I would keep my eye on is: Jamie Collins, he's their true x-factor on defense.

I'm sure we could also watch the GB to pick up on a ton of Seattle's weaknesses.

I do agree with you about Collins. He has the potential to completely wreck plays.

djb28

Reaction score
Like someone said on NFL Network tonight. ( M Irvin? )The Patriots are Excellent at Playing AFC Football and beating up their division. They aren't going to be use to the physicality of NFC Seattle football.

Brady is a badass. But he is also an Ass! They can bait him.

camdawg

Reaction score
HeatEquation":2x7tuuwr said:
I'm sure we could also watch the GB to pick up on a ton of Seattle's weaknesses.

I do agree with you about Collins. He has the potential to completely wreck plays.

While we're watching the Seahawks-Packers tape, could we also watch the Patsies-Packers game that you lost to pick up on your weaknesses?

After you destroyed Indy tonight, I understand your optimism about your offense. But you have to admit, aside from Blount being a more physical straight-ahead runner than the guys you brought to Seattle two years ago, that Patriot offense that scored 23 was a LOT more talented across the board than the one we'll be facing now. No 2012 version of Welker, no Hernandez, no Woodhead, no Lloyd, etc....Edelman was way down the list of options for Tom on that team. His numbers this year as the main man aren't that much better than Lloyd's 2012 numbers. And Brandon Lloyd was Tom's fourth option that year.

If that group of players could only score 23, I don't know if you can ask this current group to do the same.

sc85sis

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1v79u9yx said:
You really need to try to add some actual conversation rather than just declaring in multiple threads that our team will be exposed. Seriously, your troll effort is quite poor.

gargantual

Reaction score
sc85sis":1s3kaykb said:
HeatEquation":1s3kaykb said:
You really need to try to add some actual conversation rather than just declaring in multiple threads that our team will be exposed. Seriously, your troll effort is quite poor.
Weak sauce is what it is.

Our D has a well-established history of holding elite QBs to career low stats when playing against us. And they did it again this afternoon. They could've scored 35 points in that game, but we kept them to field goals on every score they had except one. Exposed my eye.

The Patriots are a good team.....and the Seahawks are as well. We'll see in two weeks what happens.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
camdawg":1jmo3ehc said:
HeatEquation":1jmo3ehc said:

While we're watching the Seahawks-Packers tape, could we also watch the Patsies-Packers game that you lost to pick up on your weaknesses?

After you destroyed Indy tonight, I understand your optimism about your offense. But you have to admit, aside from Blount being a more physical straight-ahead runner than the guys you brought to Seattle two years ago, that Patriot offense that scored 23 was a LOT more talented across the board than the one we'll be facing now. No 2012 version of Welker, no Hernandez, no Woodhead, no Lloyd, etc....Edelman was way down the list of options for Tom on that team. His numbers this year as the main man aren't that much better than Lloyd's 2012 numbers. And Brandon Lloyd was Tom's fourth option that year.

If that group of players could only score 23, I don't know if you can ask this current group to do the same.
A regular season game from 2 years ago? Seriously?

We came within 1 point of beating you in your house. If that game has any relevance, then I like our chances on a neutral field.

However, of course it doesn't have any relevance. Edelman is much more versatile than Welker was. He's also much better against press man than Welker. Vereen is more explosive than Woodhead. Lloyd was a soft receiver who had terrible YAC for us. Lafell is much more physical and doesn't drop to the ground immediately after catching the ball. Amendola has caught fire recently and playing well in the passing and return game. The Oline is also better this year, especially once Stork returns. I disagree wholeheartedly that the 2012 offense was better. This one is much better suited for the playoffs.