How do the hawks stop Greg Olsen on sunday?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I wish they would give JJ a shot. His game is different than Kam but good size and better speed. I'd give him a shot on plays they think the TE maybe an option.

Cartire

Reaction score
Happypuppy":qw8d526b said:
I wish they would give JJ a shot. His game is different than Kam but good size and better speed. I'd give him a shot on plays they think the TE maybe an option.

Huh? JJ has played this season in a couple games when Kam has gone down. What shot are you looking for? Hes a backup, not a situational role player.

hawkfan56

Reaction score
Answer: We don't/ can't stop Olsen tomorrow. Huge Hawks fan here, but let's face it. Cam & Co. are going to rip us a new one tomorrow. I'm calling it 48-17 Panthers. Our Hawks have slim and none chance of making the playoffs this year.... and Slim just got punked by the lame Rams....just like we did last Sunday. I absolutely adore our boys.....except that dips*it qb of ours who thinks he's Gods gift. The writings on the wall with Russell. As soon as he loses a step.....and unfortunately it's coming...he's going to be as useless as cats*it. Go hawks!

Barthawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1dnpi5rc said:
I am really worried about Olsen, KJ needs to step it up and hopefully Kam can come through for us as well.

No way.. worried? hehehe

Back to OP.. Besides Gates, which TE has given us problems this year? Julius Thomas was relatively quiet against us.. Witten as well.. just wondering

Barthawk

Reaction score
hawkfan56":1uypf63h said:
Answer: We don't/ can't stop Olsen tomorrow. Huge Hawks fan here, but let's face it. Cam & Co. are going to rip us a new one tomorrow. I'm calling it 48-17 Panthers. Our Hawks have slim and none chance of making the playoffs this year.... and Slim just got punked by the lame Rams....just like we did last Sunday. I absolutely adore our boys.....except that dips*it qb of ours who thinks he's Gods gift. The writings on the wall with Russell. As soon as he loses a step.....and unfortunately it's coming...he's going to be as useless as cats*it. Go hawks!

A for effort troll...

Soppie

Reaction score
You stop Olson just like you stop any other offensive player, you keep them off the field as much as possible. The Seahawks O must sustain drives and control the TOP. If they do that they can stop Olson and Co.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Soppie":27idttqe said:
You stop Olson just like you stop any other offensive player, you keep them off the field as much as possible. The Seahawks O must sustain drives and control the TOP. If they do that they can stop Olson and Co.
I rarely agree with this poster, but on this post I concur 100%. Keep the defense off the field!

CANHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":nnjkb3n6 said:
Soppie":nnjkb3n6 said:
I rarely agree with this poster, but on this post I concur 100%. Keep the defense off the field!

Yep. Football 101. You can't score if you don't have the ball. And Carolina's defense is a shadow of its former self (our own defensive struggle notwithstanding).

Largent80

Reaction score
2. Defending the tight ends: Seattle has allowed a remarkable eight touchdown passes to tight ends this season, which accounts for half of all the touchdowns scored against the Seahawks. That’s a big reason Seattle has been particularly bad defensively inside the red zone, having allowed touchdowns on 13 of 18 possessions inside the 20, 72.2 percent, which ranks 31st in the NFL. And now comes another tough tight end challenge in Greg Olsen, who leads the Panthers with 41 receptions for 493 yards and five touchdowns. Asked this week what needs to change in the Seahawks’ defense against tight ends, Seattle safety Kam Chancellor said “we have to be keyed in to our zone coverages and man covers and be disciplined and technique sound.’’

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... -panthers/

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Cartire":3lsbrzkt said:
Happypuppy":3lsbrzkt said:

Huh? JJ has played this season in a couple games when Kam has gone down. What shot are you looking for? Hes a backup, not a situational role player.

The original question who to put on Olsen. I would use JJ

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan56":5hwpf1xg said:

Well Hello hawkfan56, nice of you to troll on by, since this is your first and last post here just wanted to recognize your contributions.

niveky

Reaction score
seahawk2k":17feq46g said:
Last year they'd defend tight ends a lot by kicking the DE out wide and have the nickel corner line up head up with the tight end. Other times they'd just lock Kam on the tight end depending on the strengths. Unfortunately all the injuries prevent this from being affective.

I expect them to bracket Olson when they can, their outside receivers don't consistently scare me. Newton's mechanics are all over the place and I expect the Seahawks to squeeze the underneath routes a bit. Malcolm Smith has been a liability in coverage this year, his drogs aren't deep enough or he doesn't get there quick enough, he just looks lost. Hopefully he steps it up a bit.

haven't been able to watch much seahawks football this year, but the talk about Malcolm Smith and combining that with talk i've seen on here about the lb's being bad in coverage this year. isn't it all just trickle down? the injuries to the secondary mean really the only dependable SINGLE cog has been Sherman. He has been doing an admirable job handling his responsibilities but i know he has been burned at times due to breakdowns in coverage/communication. Without all the regular starters in at corner, the safeties can't cheat as much in coverage or run support I would wager and the lb's can't be as disruptive as they'd like to be because they aren't sure where breakdowns past their responsibilities are going to happen. I would wager it's hard to be decisive and play with confidence when you don't feel like your back is covered.

OP
OP
S

seanoob

Reaction score
I think niveky hit the nail on the head. The trickle down effect is hurting the defense. There are missing pieces at every level and the unit as a whole is not playing like we expect. I hope tomorrow will be a big turn around.