• Fire Pete, John, Trade Wilson

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Fire John and Trade Wilson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire John

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Trade Wilson

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Do nothing, stay the course, let the process work itself out.

Votes: 16 16.8%

• Total voters

chris98251

Reaction score
Just curious. I am not including new DC and that because a new Coach will pretty much rehire a new staff anyway.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Too late.

We let it burn to the ground and try to grow something from the ashes.

People can change. But, for the most part, they don't.

We keep thinking if we only change this....

But old dogs don't learn new tricks. Pete is old. He cannot learn. He will not change. He won't even admit when he failed or something isn't working.

He has no value to the team right now. And we are stuck with him FOR YEARS.

You do the math.

People are going to see what the future looks like without Wilson. Pete will play that Ty Willinghamesque football that makes a bad team look better than it is, and keeps the score on games closer than the game actually went.

But the end result will still be piles of losses. Just accept it.

Let it burn.

When there is nothing left but a smoldering husk (whether the team or Pete), then we rebuild. It will probably take 5-10 years to turn into a winning team again.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I think Pete needs to go before you can really determine which other problems need to be taken care of. Geno showed yesterday that the offense is capable of running on short and intermediate passes and operates quite well that way, so at least a part of the offense issues fall on Russ's shoulders. In the end, maybe he is too short. Or maybe it is just his preferences on what he does.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I do think we need to move on from Pete but I would not want him to be fired immediately. They need to start planning now and seeking out a good coach. Unfortunately I don't think our current owner cares much about what is going on with this team and certainly is not being proactive on this.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe but it is likely that when a defense actually gameplans for Geno instead of Wilson for a week, and goes into something other than a marshmallow soft prevent - Geno may find it tougher sledding.

I noticed when the defense tightened up at the end and started to play solid defense - Geno throws a pick.

But maybe. Maybe all this offense needed was a cheap backup QB to come in and score all the TDs we needed.

We will need a lot of them because this defense is going to give up scores in batches.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Before the Vikings game I was squarely in the fire Pete and keep John and Russell camp.

But now? I don't know how you rebuild a franchise if you keep Russell, because he's literally the only other asset outside of DK that would bring you the kind of draft picks necessary to not have the rebuild take 4-5 years.

Nor would Russell want any part of a tear down, so you'd really have to do both, or all three.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1em65awx said:
Maybe but it is likely that when a defense actually gameplans for Geno instead of Wilson for a week, and goes into something other than a marshmallow soft prevent - Geno may find it tougher sledding.

I noticed when the defense tightened up at the end and started to play solid defense - Geno throws a pick.

But maybe. Maybe all this offense needed was a cheap backup QB to come in and score all the TDs we needed.

We will need a lot of them because this defense is going to give up scores in batches.

Pick was at least some on Lockette falling down. Also not trying to imply in any way that Geno would be a better QB for the Seahawks. Only point I was making is that there is an efficient short/medium passing game in the scheme and whether it is by choice or ability (height) Wilson has a history of not using it.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
I think you give John a chance to rebuild the franchise, he has been marching to Petes orders since day one, that means he hires new coach, now being from the Green Bay Tree I would think offensive minded, that's been the history in Green Bay for a long time.

Doing that you then have to see what system the New Head Coach wants, Wilson may not fit, you sure don't announce it but then start looking for the trade partner if that's the case, Wilson will also be more cooperative since he would be going through a Rebuild here and open up for more teams that are close.

We can get the three Draft picks or more still I think, hell look what they gave up for Goff, Bradford and trying to get for Watson with his problems.

You have Geno as a place holder, or you trade for a guy that's serviceable in the new guys system or wait for the back ups next season to be cut.

LTH

Reaction score
You have a down year and get a top ten draft..

hawkfannj

Reaction score
LTH":y45ktin4 said:
You have a down year and get a top ten draft..
Not this time the Jets are Salivating right now

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
"We" dont fix anything...."we" dont have any choice or say in the seahawks. Maybe that is everyone's problem here. They think "we" have to do something about it, when really there is nothing you can do or try. Hope and be happy. All this fire and trade bulls shit is old. God dam bunch of whiners and it is disgusting that my favorite teams(seahawks) fanbase may carry the most bitches in the entire universe.

There are a few good dudes here. But most of you ******* are quick to jump ship. Trade and fire. Get rid of the problem...here is the problem with that...most of you "we" people can't identify the problem. All you do is discuss what you think you know. Its disappointing. Blaming the offense. When we are giving up historic amounts of yards on defense. Blaming the coaches when you dont even know what they have to go through day in and day out. The most disturbing shit is digging deeper into players personal life and relationships like you ******* know better and they arent decent humans.

3 losses with 12 games to go. Everyone is done. Everyone quits. Reset or whatever. Ridiculous. Shut the hell up. Find something worth talking about.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2noobd5p said:
"We" dont fix anything...."we" dont have any choice or say in the seahawks. Maybe that is everyone's problem here. They think "we" have to do something about it, when really there is nothing you can do or try. Hope and be happy. All this fire and trade bulls shit is old. God dam bunch of whiners and it is disgusting that my favorite teams(seahawks) fanbase may carry the most bitches in the entire universe.

There are a few good dudes here. But most of you ******* are quick to jump ship. Trade and fire. Get rid of the problem...here is the problem with that...most of you "we" people can't identify the problem. All you do is discuss what you think you know. Its disappointing. Blaming the offense. When we are giving up historic amounts of yards on defense. Blaming the coaches when you dont even know what they have to go through day in and day out. The most disturbing shit is digging deeper into players personal life and relationships like you ******* know better and they arent decent humans.

3 losses with 12 games to go. Everyone is done. Everyone quits. Reset or whatever. Ridiculous. Shut the hell up. Find something worth talking about.

Jeez all those things I was stepping on I thought were marbles, guess we know what they fell out of after reading this now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":dpa8bexr said:
"We" dont fix anything...."we" dont have any choice or say in the seahawks. Maybe that is everyone's problem here. They think "we" have to do something about it, when really there is nothing you can do or try. Hope and be happy. All this fire and trade bulls $h!t is old. God dam bunch of whiners and it is disgusting that my favorite teams(seahawks) fanbase may carry the most b!@ch in the entire universe. .

Discourse:

verbal interchange of ideas especially : conversation. 2a : formal and orderly and usually extended expression of thought on a subject.

hawk45

Reaction score
Welp that’s it boys, time to close down the message board, none of us are GMs so we can’t float ideas and discuss options.

I guess some people just have difficulty facing opposing viewpoints. That’s kind of a soft way to be.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Of interchangung ideas bashing and recreating personal wishes to build your own scenarios. It's not enough to like the team and support them. "We" have to go the extra mile to make sure we are heard right. Dont give me definitions or bylaws like your some kind of smart guy. Own up to your bitching 'n' whining and take it on the chin. It only hurts for a little bit.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Fire KNJ, fire Pete, (unfortunately, since we have no other players that can bring in the picks needed to rebuild) Trade Wilson for the farm. Maybe trade DK (IF we can get great value for him) and hopefully we can attract a decent candidate for HC to start the rebuilding process.

I'd like to see what John can do without the handcuffs that Pete has on him.

Boycie

Reaction score
I am not sure that you fire JS. Pete has a weird contract that gives him over-riding power above JS, so even though I am sure John has made his mistakes, it is ultimately PC who runs the show that we are watching. I would like to see JS managing this team on his own before I cut him out.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2zcwc759 said:
I am not sure that you fire JS. Pete has a weird contract that gives him over-riding power above JS, so even though I am sure John has made his mistakes, it is ultimately PC who runs the show that we are watching. I would like to see JS managing this team on his own before I cut him out.

I agree. The Seahawks drafts have been abysmal in recent years, particularly the first rounders. But how much of that was John, and how much was Pete? I don't think any of us here really know the answer to that. And who was it that really wanted to trade two first rounders for Adams? Again, was that John or Pete?

John deserves a shot without Pete's meddling.

edogg23

Reaction score
I sound have selected fire KNJ if that was an option. Pete is going nowhere this year.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
TraderGary":1ac9etjb said:
Ace_Rimmer":1ac9etjb said:

I agree. The Seahawks drafts have been abysmal in recent years, particularly the first rounders. But how much of that was John, and how much was Pete? I don't think any of us here really know the answer to that. And who was it that really wanted to trade two first rounders for Adams? Again, was that John or Pete?

John deserves a shot without Pete's meddling.
Pete isn't meddling. Its his team it goes in the direction he wants it to. John is trying to do his best to make that happen. I would point out that it was John who wanted Russ so badly. I would also point out that he wanted Mahomes. That isn't looking back either. I remember in that draft the rumors that the Seahawks were interested in Mahomes. Unfortunately the Chiefs didn't let him fall that far. I believe John has an eye for talent. Especially at QB