How do you slow down M. Ryan? You put him on the ground...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That's how you slow down any QB, especially timing/rhythm pocket passers like Ryan, Brady, Rivers, etc.

You hit em, sack em, make em move off their spots and make them uncomfortable inside the pocket.

Seattle did a great job of that the first game this year, hopefully Richard and the D can dial up the same constant pressure Saturday.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Fuego how can you say it wasn't a mistake and essentially blow coverage? You're doing the very same thing you're accusing Seahawks fans of doing. It was smart of your OC to motion the TE over and put Seattle in a situation where they needed to communicate better. That doesn't negate that Seattle made a mistake twice that led to touchdowns. They didn't get beat, they got fooled. So again, smart design and scouting and poor adjustment by Seattle that led to blown coverage. It's really that simple.

As for Richards comments I liked it when I heard it. We did very well early on and that was without Bennett for a half and no Clark. I like our chances of making him uncomfortable. Can't wait for this game.

fuego

Reaction score
had2bhawk":37gmv158 said:
I believe the factor here is Jones vs Sherman. If Sherman negates Jones with his tight coverage that will kill Ryan.

You do realize there were a few games where Julio was held to very few yards and he also actually missed two or three games and we won all of those games. Matt threw TDs to 13 different receivers, an NFL record. You shout Julio down, it doesn't matter. And it doesn't rattle Matt in the least.

fuego

Reaction score
austinslater25":3mrdh3yd said:
Fuego how can you say it wasn't a mistake and essentially blow coverage? You're doing the very same thing you're accusing Seahawks fans of doing. It was smart of your OC to motion the TE over and put Seattle in a situation where they needed to communicate better. That doesn't negate that Seattle made a mistake twice that led to touchdowns. They didn't get beat, they got fooled. So again, smart design and scouting and poor adjustment by Seattle that led to blown coverage. It's really that simple.

As for Richards comments I liked it when I heard it. We did very well early on and that was without Bennett for a half and no Clark. I like our chances of making him uncomfortable. Can't wait for this game.

Well I think we're saying the same thing. The scheme fooled them, and the TD resulted. Not that they 'got beat' per se.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Like any great pocket passer, you have to make them feel you. Brady and Manning are the same way.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
fuego":28sddnab said:
had2bhawk":28sddnab said:
I believe the factor here is Jones vs Sherman. If Sherman negates Jones with his tight coverage that will kill Ryan.

You do realize there were a few games where Julio was held to very few yards and he also actually missed two or three games and we won all of those games. Matt threw TDs to 13 different receivers, an NFL record. You shout Julio down, it doesn't matter. And it doesn't rattle Matt in the least.

I understand but did he throw against a good pass rush? I think if you take away first read, the defense will be on him. We'll see.
:rumble:

Largent80

Reaction score
Play a complete game is how you defeat any team.

You don't defeat players. You just try to make their experience unfriendly.

Meet Frank Clark, Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett....Our welcoming committee.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Clark, Bennett and Avril all healthy should be a scary idea for just about any team. Don't forget Wagner has been blitzing really well this year too. I'm confident they'll get to the QB.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Our guys can't be afraid to take another step and hit him hard after he's thrown the ball. Make him hurt. They already know this, though.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1m5om484 said:
Clark, Bennett and Avril all healthy should be a scary idea for just about any team. Don't forget Wagner has been blitzing really well this year too. I'm confident they'll get to the QB.

It's not like our Seahawks have hit any QBs this season already. Wentz? Romo? Goff? PLENTY of confidence.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Hey Falcons fan fuego and others. Welcome to .net.

You are correct the Falcons are good. Your qb is good. You are correct that both teams are on the field. Some fans think it only comes down to thier teams performance. You are going home losers though. Have fun losing.

I said good not great.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Maybe this college hit by David Dunham on Matt Ryan is a sign.... Note the jersey number.....

david-dunham-hit-on-matt-ryan-o.gif