How important is this Packers game?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":cfvfsxw5 said:
It's a good time to catch them as their O line is adjusting to 2 new players and Bulaga supposedly has ankle issues. Good time for our D line to establish it's the best in the league. I also want Lacy to stick it to those smug Packer fans.

Yes, smug is about the best way to describe them in my experience as well.

endzorn

Reaction score
I don't get worked up about national respect like many others here. If we win I couldn't care less if the league is "put on notice". What I do care about is a conference win against a Super Bowl contender and having a win like this under our belt would have implications four months from now. That said, beating Aaron Rodgers in that building is a tall task no matter how talented your team is.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
BadgerVid":21zek0gh said:
pmedic920":21zek0gh said:
vin.couve12":21zek0gh said:
Every game is important.

My feelings as well.

I'll add this though, in terms of gaining some national respect, a whole lot of folks will be seeing this game.
fc2538c471656c64d18475ee30ef0773.png

I just saw this at 506 and was shocked. I am in the far south of Oregon and 95% of the time there is a conflict in time/net with the 9ers, we get the 9ers game.

In my mind, this game is the difference between a potential 14-2 season and something closer to the last couple of years.
All games are important.

Games against Aaron Rodgers and The Green Bay Packers are very important as long as Rodgers is an MVP caliber QB and the Packers are relevant.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
endzorn":6mnxy8c0 said:
I don't get worked up about national respect like many others here. If we win I couldn't care less if the league is "put on notice". What I do care about is a conference win against a Super Bowl contender and having a win like this under our belt would have implications four months from now. That said, beating Aaron Rodgers in that building is a tall task no matter how talented your team is.
Definitely most helpful if it comes down to head to head for home field

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":24nnrloj said:
Sgt. Largent":24nnrloj said:
This is the NFL, every game is important.

But IMO the most important part if we lose is how we lose. If we lose a close 17-14 type game, I'm OK with that.

If we get our doors blown off like last time at Lambeau? Then there's still some systemic lingering defensive issues going on that are cause for great concern.

But if we win, and look good doing it? Could be a table setter for a special season.

You are OK with a 17-14L with a Bevell pick at the GB 1 then? :twisted:
He doesn't throw the ball. Check jammer's 53 roster page to learn about the team.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Some will say this is just one game, but I disagree. It's very important to come out strong and show that other teams should be afraid. To use a baseball metaphor, we need to come out throwing fastballs and establish our authority. That may not have worked out so great for Luke Laloosh, and Crash was right to tell the batter a fastball was coming, but football is different. We want them to know, and don't care if they do, a fastball is coming. Throw it hard enough and they will be wary on the next pitch. That's right, you see what's coming and you still can't stop it. That's what we need to do with this first game.

CRUSH THE CHEESEHEADS!

Go Hawks.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1101qxs2 said:
Seymour":1101qxs2 said:
Sgt. Largent":1101qxs2 said:

But IMO the most important part if we lose is how we lose. If we lose a close 17-14 type game, I'm OK with that.

If we get our doors blown off like last time at Lambeau? Then there's still some systemic lingering defensive issues going on that are cause for great concern.

But if we win, and look good doing it? Could be a table setter for a special season.

He doesn't throw the ball. Check jammer's 53 roster page to learn about the team.

You're welcome. I said Bevell for your sake so it came up in your endless search and rescue. :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":12esgphh said:
Sgt. Largent":12esgphh said:

I didn't know Bevell was our starting QB?

netskier

Reaction score
Marlin Man":2zsmuc6d said:
All during the offseason I calculated this first game as a SURE loss, but ya know I am starting to just get that feeling in my gut that RW is gonna be super and our D is FINALLY gonna get a little bit (PLEASE) of pressure on Rodgers, so he can't sit back there and pick us apart (as is his norm).

we are going to surprise everyone and actually roll over the Pack- 35-24

I have the same hunch. Sheldon Richardson and Bennett will apply pressure up the middle, and our defensive ends will harass Rodgers into a bad game.

ptisme

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":22upwy1x said:
It's a good time to catch them as their O line is adjusting to 2 new players and Bulaga supposedly has ankle issues. Good time for our D line to establish it's the best in the league. I also want Lacy to stick it to those smug Packer fans.
Evans is the only new starter.

ptisme

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2la87a26 said:
Marlin Man":2la87a26 said:
All during the offseason I calculated this first game as a SURE loss, but ya know I am starting to just get that feeling in my gut that RW is gonna be super and our D is FINALLY gonna get a little bit (PLEASE) of pressure on Rodgers, so he can't sit back there and pick us apart (as is his norm).

we are going to surprise everyone and actually roll over the Pack- 35-24

Ever since the schedule came out I have looked at this game as a loss. Factors include, not winning there since 99, Rodgers, Lambeau, etc. Most of the losses since 99 in GB have been in late season cold games. Frigid frozen conditions will not be a problem Sunday.

I too am starting to get a feeling that this might just be a win. The fire and hunger seems to be back. The defense is improved. The o-line has to be better than last year. Russ is healthy. Lacy has motivation.

Will I be disappointed with a loss? Yes. Devastated? No. Surprised by a win? Not anymore.
i was at the blowout last year. It was 30 deg with a 10 mph breeze. Not unlike what Seattle plays in late season. The year before it was near the end of summer, like in the first few weeks

ptisme

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2nwrrwxr said:
Huge. It's like a half game getting added either to the W or L column since they will have the tie breaker.

As has been stated they will be battling us for HFa. And lets just say it .. whoever has HFA between these two teams in the playoffs is probably going to win...
This is how I see it^^^

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
ptisme":3epxtufw said:
Siouxhawk":3epxtufw said:
Evans is the only new starter.
Thanks ptisme. I was thinking Lang and Tretter, but maybe Tretter was a backup?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
For some unknown reason, the Hawks do not play well in the first game of the year away from home. IMO, this is a "must win" game if we are to take the "down hill" route into the SB. Home field advantage during the Playoffs has critical for the Hawks.

Bottom line......he who has the least turnovers wins in the final two minutes.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
There's certainly reason to be hopeful, if not optimistic about this game. I just have a different feeling about this year; we are going to do great things.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Lots of people bring up how it's great that we aren't playing them late in the year and that the warmer temps will make a huge difference, but like ptisme said, we lost to them @ Lambeau in week two just a couple of years ago... Largest loss of the RW era until the next time we went to Lambeau.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Being in Iowa and dealing with Cheesed*cks on the regular I would love nothing more to win. Yet I chalked this to loss at schedule release all while obviously not wanting. Haven't won there since 99' with Kitna which was more attributed to Favre's 6 turnovers. We have to be on it on all aspects, with being week 1 hard to see that. A-Aron just can't wait to do his usual smirk, as much as I hate for what he's done to us I do love his "swagger". Game isnt a must by any means but a win would be huge especially with a very tough road schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I subscribe to the gamblers credo, going in to any event: thinking positive is 51% of the battle, while thinking negative is 49% of the battle. (My glass is always -over- half full.)

IMO- If the Seahawks haven't won in Green Bay since 1999 - that just means they are due for a win & that win will come this week. I predict that the addition of Sheldon Richardson will make a big difference in this game. Aaron Rogers may not survive for the whole game and if/when that is so, the Packers will be done for the season as a rival for HFA. (I'm not hoping Rogers will be injured "significantly", but he is going to suffer an "attitude adjustment" that may just take those smirks off his face. I have it: Seahawks 27, Green Bay 24 in a hard fought battle of the big boys.

:smilingalien: GO HAWKS; (Undefeated in first half of season, at the very least.)