How important is this Packers game?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ptisme":2s1b6tck said:
gowazzu02":2s1b6tck said:
Huge. It's like a half game getting added either to the W or L column since they will have the tie breaker.

As has been stated they will be battling us for HFa. And lets just say it .. whoever has HFA between these two teams in the playoffs is probably going to win...
This is how I see it^^^

I'd agree with you guys if this was week 13, but it's week 1.

Lots can happen from now until January, for both teams.............WAY too early to think this is some death blow for HFA if we lose.

All I care about is seeing our Hawks look like our Hawks, nasty defense, Russell throwing dimes and our run game being effective once again.

If that leads to a 24-21 loss cause Aaron Rodgers is VERY hard to beat at home? Then I can live with that.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's important but when is the last time we've played a game that hasn't been? NFC games matter a bit more but odds are that the Packers and Seahawks will not be tied at the top come January. Maybe one of the two teams will suffer a bunch of injuries and disappoint or maybe another NFC team runs out in front all year like the Falcons did last year.

The difficulty in our schedule is front loaded and we typically get better during the season. I'll be optimistic about our season regardless of how this game goes so long as there aren't any season changing injuries.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Don't understand anyone downplaying the importance of this game, or "HEY ILL BE FINE IF WE PLAY OUR BESTEST AND HARDEST AND DONT GET TOO BEATED UP! =) =)"

STOP.

This game is huge; you have a chance to not only get a W while possibly your biggest threat to returning to the SB would get an L, you also own virtually all tie-breakers with them.

In week one we could be deciding if we're playing for HFA or a wild card spot.

lets not down play it or chalk it up to playing a good team on the road. We need to go there and beat the crap out of them. Leaving with anything other than a W is not fine.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I read in the season record predictor thread a lot of 13 win predictions. If we are truly a 13 win team then we need this game otherwise we have to go 13-2 after GB (and sweep division to have a shot at that). I don't think 12 wins gets HFA and it obviously won't if GB is 12-4 and we lose Sunday to them.

Big game and big measuring stick as to just how good is our defense. They are rested, healthy and no excuse to come out slow and give up early scores.

Josea16

Reaction score
NJlargent":x19b3o6x said:
I read in the season record predictor thread a lot of 13 win predictions. If we are truly a 13 win team then we need this game otherwise we have to go 13-2 after GB (and sweep division to have a shot at that). I don't think 12 wins gets HFA and it obviously won't if GB is 12-4 and we lose Sunday to them.

Big game and big measuring stick as to just how good is our defense. They are rested, healthy and no excuse to come out slow and give up early scores.
Think like Kansas City we got this. Seriously Green Bay doesn't have a great defense just like New England and you just have no idea how good Sheldon Richardson is. He's almost Reggie White level in our scheme. Our defense is going to be borderline illegal.

Hawks46

Reaction score
On one hand, this could come down to the tie break or outright win for HFA in the NFC.

On the other hand, it might mean nothing.

I have us penciled in as a loss. Capers' defenses own Wilson lately. GB is tough at home. They have a new defense they're testing out, similar to our Bandit package we had but with more LBers. They are going to blitz our relatively inexperienced (at least playing together) OL from many different angle and we won't have tape on their defense. Last year, their run defense was much better than our run offense.

All that aside, it won't change my expectations for this season, which are 12 wins. GB is going to have to work hard to get to 12 wins, but like I said...this could be the tie breaker.

Josea16

Reaction score
Hawks46":8adouw3f said:
On one hand, this could come down to the tie break or outright win for HFA in the NFC.

On the other hand, it might mean nothing.

I have us penciled in as a loss. Capers' defenses own Wilson lately. GB is tough at home. They have a new defense they're testing out, similar to our Bandit package we had but with more LBers. They are going to blitz our relatively inexperienced (at least playing together) OL from many different angle and we won't have tape on their defense. Last year, their run defense was much better than our run offense.

All that aside, it won't change my expectations for this season, which are 12 wins. GB is going to have to work hard to get to 12 wins, but like I said...this could be the tie breaker.
Sheldon Richardson brother. You seem to have no clue about how he's actually playing. Rodgers isn't going to be able to step up in the pocket simple as that.