How important is this week to Seattle?

seahawksny

Reaction score
ptisme":1wfobg9s said:
Hawks46":1wfobg9s said:
ptisme":1wfobg9s said:
Hawks46":1wfobg9s said:
I think this game is very important to the Seahawks as pertains to home field advantage in the playoffs.

Other than playoff seeding, the OP is right. This game is likely more important to the Packers.

I do see importance in going up against an elite offense and having our younger guys in the secondary learn. I'm also interested in seeing if Clark gets more reps and how he does against a good OL.
It almost isn't fair how well Clark has panned out for you guys.... yeah, I originally didn't think this mattered much to Seattle but now I'm not so sure... Gotta win the inter-conference games right?

If the Hawks go there and get smashed, it would be the first time in the Wilson era. We don't really know how this team would handle that, it might hurt some confidence if we had to play there in the playoffs.

If we go there and physically dominate the Packers and either win, or barely lose, it could put some doubts in the Packers' minds that they really can't beat this team.

There could be some psychological impact either way, but I still think it all comes down to playoff seeding. We won HFA last year by what, 1/2 game ?
Sometimes an entire season can come down to one play... Had the sure handed Jordy Nelson made this play (which he would have 1000 times in a row after that if given the chance) the NFCCG would have been at Lambeau:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnYUay_wkio

Yes it can come down to one play, but I don't think he scores on that one. Defender was right there

seahawksny

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3sgbusk0 said:
I think it's pretty important, but I still don't like our chances either............If Nick Foles can get 300 on us what will Rogers do? Defense needs to step it up in a big way.

I honestly think it's going to get ugly, and in a hurry. The first blowout in wilson era I have a bad feeling is imminent. I hope I'm wrong.

seahawksny

Reaction score
ptisme":180zwnqm said:
As a Packers fan I have been saying this game is FAR more important for the Packers. A loss at home to a team that has beaten you 4 straight would be devastating to the psyche.... Meanwhile Seattle would be 0-2 but we all know they are capable of running off 10 straight....

But this week will have home field implications. In your opinion Seahawks fans, is this game more important to the Seahawks than maybe I was considering? Is it necessary for the Hawks to get home field throughout or would you feel confident rolling into Lambeau for the NFCCG in the cold?

To answer your question,
If our team resembles what it did last year, where I felt we even played better on road than at home at end of season, then I would like like our chances in GB. Teams built on D and Running game tend to do well on the road.

However, if they base their offense on Tyler Lockett and jimmy Graham, then seattle won't even make the playoffs and it won't matter.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I don't think it is significantly more important to one team or the other, It's one game in a very long season full of twist and turns. Emotionally/mentally there is no question GB needs the win more.

As far as HFA, its a little presumptuous to assume that either or both of the teams will be in a position for #1 seeding. However, if that's the case and the Hawks lose, I'm still confident that the Seahawks can go anywhere and play well in the playoffs. They get stronger as the season wears on.

Besides Lambeau is not some big scary place in the playoffs. You're 2-2 since your last SB and if it weren't for the 'no catch' catch you might be 1-3.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Personally I look at the two teams as the teams to beat in the NFC.
This game could ultimately have HFA implications, I think in that respect it's very important.
Lots of football still to be played this year and I counted this game as a loss many weeks ago, so I won't be upset if that happens, as long as my guys play well and grow as a team.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
I'm not nearly as bullish on Green Bay now that Bulaga is out.... But, back on topic. This is interesting, saw it in the MJS this morning regarding the three defeats of the Packers by the Seahawks under Pete Carrol:
Of the departed, 10 players hurt the Packers badly in at least one of the defeats. That list includes A.J. Hawk, Brandon Bostick, Brad Jones, Derek Sherrod, M.D. Jennings, Tramon Williams, Donald Driver, Marshall Newhouse, Charles Woodson and Cedric Benson.

Of the departed coaches, Shawn Slocum never had a good day against Brian Schneider, Seattle's special teams coach.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
ptisme":256dodcx said:
GB's strength of schedule combined winning %age is .529
Seattle's is .559
Hardly a huge difference...
You're joking, right?

That .030 difference reflects 10 positions difference... from 4th most difficult to 14th most difficult, which is roughly 1/3 of the league's 32 teams.

I'd take those 10 positions easier schedule every day... and twice on Sunday.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
NFC North is a dumpster fire. Packers could lose this game and still cakewalk to a division title.

We need this more.