How loud was it?

Vetamur

Reaction score
It was very loud. I think it quieted down in the 4th once it was obvious the Pack couldnt come back. Most of the game I had to yell into the ear of the people with me to talk to them.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
section 120 (south end zone) 4 rows from the field, and my ears are still ringing this afternoon.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":34z4sn3b said:
It didn't seem too loud on tv... I mean 276 dollars a ticket for row WW??!?! It's become a rich mans game. So all the blue collar workers who are loud and proud, can't afford the game (as myself). So I wouldn't be surprised if it's quieter this year.

Wow you sound bitter. I never understood the mantra that wealthy people won't get rowdy or loud at a sport event. Only "blue collar" or poor people have such "ill manners."

Anyways, I was at the game last night and I've been too well over my fair share of Seahawks games. Though it wasn't the loudest, it was definitely loud.

lsheldon

Reaction score
A few weeks ago there was a thread on how loud the crowd was in preseason games when our offense was on the field. Now I watched the game on TV, but when I paid attention, I could hear every audible and count that Russell made. Glad to see that the loudness from preseason while we were on offense didn't carry over to the regular season.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":6jesnzbl said:
I was at the game.

It was loud. It always is.

BUT there was a swarm of Packers fans there. In fact, you could hear them chanting "Go Pack Go!" at various points throughout the game. Give them credit... they travel extremely well.

GO HAWKS!

Those Packers fans didn't travel. They live out here. I know a contingent of 6 friends in Portland who are from Wisconsin, a couple other fans (like my wife), and there's even a Packers sports bar here (Saraveza). It's like Pittsburgh. They escape and then show up at other stadiums.

endzorn

Reaction score
The fan highlight of the night for me was in the fourth quarter as Packer fans filed out of sections 308 and 309 a large group of seahawks fans started pointing to the exits and chanting "Go Pack Go!"

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Well, just for context, I've attended lots of football games (have had Washington season tickets and Michigan season tickets; travelled to lots of venues, including Ohio State, LSU (night game), Notre Dame, Rose Bowl, etc.).

I'd rank this top 5. Probably loudest game I've been too was the epic night game in Husky Stadium in the early 90s against Nebraska. Not sure I'll ever hear anything that loud again. This was a notch below, but still top 5, which is impressive as I've been to a ton of venues and games.

And my throat hurts everytime I talk lol.

AndyOswald10

Reaction score
I'm way up in section 334 (almost right behind where the SB48 banner hangs) so I normally can't tell if one game is louder than another like people in the lower bowl probably can, but I got a feel for it as the banner was unveiled and all the noise was going up in our direction.. it was unlike anything I've experienced. Really made me wonder what its like down on field level. I know it was loud though, because only at the REALLY games can I not actually hear myself yelling when on Defense. I'd say it was in the Top 5 of games I've been to in person.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Awesome. I was hoping that with the influx of new fans (record setting crowd), we wouldn't have displacement of the traditional 12's who know how to bring it.

-bsd

pmedic920

Reaction score
We had a fairly large number of cheese heads close to us. Several times they attempted "go pack go"

They were quickly over powered by "go Seahawks"

Overall it was plenty loud.
My ears rang till I went to sleep. :)

BlueTalon

Reaction score
lsheldon":3f38zzh7 said:
A few weeks ago there was a thread on how loud the crowd was in preseason games when our offense was on the field. Now I watched the game on TV, but when I paid attention, I could hear every audible and count that Russell made. Glad to see that the loudness from preseason while we were on offense didn't carry over to the regular season.
They can usually get whatever the QB is yelling with parabolic mics, even if the stadium is excruciatingly loud.