How many weeks are the Haters going to be here

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":7r5rf6kz said:
Everyone's admitted this, including Pete, Schotty and Russell. So why do you and other's keep beating this one game dead horse.

Get used to it. It is the off season and we are discussing solutions and will be for 7 more months. :2thumbs:

You can stand in the "I'm all good crowd" that is fine.

unicorn2-300x169.jpg

D

DomeHawk

Sgt. Largent":22boon6u said:
DomeHawk":22boon6u said:
Sgt. Largent":22boon6u said:
So not sure what your point even is, you and others are trying to apply some larger problem because of one playoff game. So yes, for MAYBE that one game we squandered Russell, but overall he's well on his way to the Hall of Fame and will have multiple opportunities if Pete and John can continue to rebuild our defense to get to one or two more SB's.

That's right, it was one PLAYOFF game. It's a single elimination tournament. You might be able to get away with that in the regular season BUT in the playoffs it is inexcusable.

That was the worst coaching decision I have seen since the Super Bowl fiasco and truthfully, this was worse because it went on for many plays encompassing an entire half.

You guys want to turn this into something it is not, nobody is saying that Pete hasn't done some great things but you can negate all that by this BS that he is trying to pass this off as a "formula."

And, that is the thought around the league, Pete Carroll is a very good franchise coach who has the tendency to shoot himself in the foot at crucial times.

Until we change that so-called formula that refuses to adapt we are destined to 9-7 10-6 season with one playoff win or one-and-out.

So you don't think building another dominant defense will turn this team from 10-6 to 13-3 and vying for division titles and HFA again, which if you haven't noticed is HOW you get to SB's?

Not sure how you can arrive at that conclusion. We just went 10-6 with a mediocre defense. So your solution is to spend more money on the offense and change entirely our offensive philosophy and playcalling..................in order to do what? The exact same thing Pete's doing now, which is get us back to one of the top 2-3 teams in football with another nasty dominant defense, of which he's proven he can do, and IS doing as we speak?

No, don't do that, do a complete 180 Pete and do something you've never tried or feel comfortable with in your 40 year coaching career. Insane.

You know, I never cease to be amazed how people on this board try to put words in your mouth. Where did I ever say do a complete 360?

A "nasty dominant" defense would do wonders for this AND 31 other teams in the NFL. You make it sound like we can do that whenever we want. The Legend of Doom defense was built upon equal parts skill and luck, that combination of players may be a once-in-a-generation defense. Yes, JS is great at finding talent but he has made as many bad picks as good.

My point has never been about running or passing but simply recognizing opportunities and right now, I just don't see that in this offensive coaching staff. Like someone else said, you have to keep the defense guessing/honest.

In all honesty, i think Pete needs to keep his nose out of the offense, he's no good at it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2597p6xb said:
Get used to it. It is the off season and we are discussing solutions.

unicorn2-300x169.jpg

Never once said "I'm all good."

- we need depth on the O-line, or yes upgrade at Sweezy's position would be nice. A more versatile guard.
- we need more playmakers on defense, another pass rusher, safety and DB to challenge Griffin
- we need a kicker we can depend on, and stop the revolving door or mediocrity at the position
- we need to shore up special teams

I know you like to paint people who disagree with you Seymour into an easier corner to argue your points with, but that's not me. I'm just a more level headed pliable fan that has seen enough football to know there's more than one way to win games and SB's, and I trust Pete because all he's ever done is win.

It's sad that you and other's don't. Why come here if you don't have faith in what we're doing?

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2osjgbyq said:
Seymour":2osjgbyq said:
Get used to it. It is the off season and we are discussing solutions.

unicorn2-300x169.jpg

Never once said "I'm all good."

- we need depth on the O-line, or yes upgrade at Sweezy's position would be nice. A more versatile guard.
- we need more playmakers on defense, another pass rusher, safety and DB to challenge Griffin
- we need a kicker we can depend on, and stop the revolving door or mediocrity at the position
- we need to shore up special teams

I know you like to paint people who disagree with you Seymour into an easier corner to argue your points with, but that's not me. I'm just a more level headed pliable fan that has seen enough football to know there's more than one way to win games and SB's, and I trust Pete because all he's ever done is win.

It's sad that you and other's don't. Why come here if you don't have faith in what we're doing?

Faith? What is faith? Does faith mean I know this is the best THAT team can play? Then no, I have no faith in Pete's offense when it is so ridiculously predictable with long stretches of boring hard to watch football. This year that did improve, but still reverted back to way too predictable and fell short.

I come here for the love of the game and my team, not for the love of Pete Carroll. That said, I do like 60-70% of what Pete brings so like many I am caught in the catch 22 we are all in watching caveman offense. :snack:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DomeHawk":20qc7wn7 said:
A "nasty dominant" defense would do wonders for this AND 31 other teams in the NFL. You make it sound like we can do that whenever we want.

Reed
Clark
Wagner

That's it, those are the only above average stars on the defense this year, and we were still #13 in the league in scoring defense and had the 2nd best turnover differential in NFL history.

So yep, I do think Pete can do it whenever he wants, and he's doing it right now. Give him another year or two and we'll be back to a top 2-3 defense. The cap is right, so sprinkle in some depth and free agents and we're there.

Offense should also only get better with hopefully bringing back Fluker, Sweezy and another off season that Schotty gets to work with Russell in continuing to grow the offensive playcalling. RB house is finally in order, Dissly should be back healthy, and hopefully Doug gets right to make he and Tyler even more dangerous.