How Many Were Rooting For The Miss?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Never root for a loss. What is wrong with you people? Draft position never guarantees success.

randomation

Reaction score
getnasty":22sk9qf1 said:
randomation":22sk9qf1 said:
getnasty":22sk9qf1 said:
I'm guessing it's maybe 1 spot? Anyone wanting to lose is a douche

4 spots and maybe it denies Zona Baker

It's 2 spots and you don't have a clue who Arizona is drafting

It's 4 look at the records of the afc wildcards we would be at best 23. If Zona isn't drafting a QB they are idiots and Baker is the QB I fear most in this draft.

Gibbo

Reaction score
Not wanting it but had to laugh that it ended with a missed Walsh FG.

Just so fitting.

White Devil

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":23tu7viy said:
I wasn't rooting for it as much as I was expecting it.

I never root for this team to lose...I did however, expect Walsh would miss it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
evergreen":3vsb6rzu said:
Not rooting but when the settle for the 30 like that’s all they need it was pretty obvious. Just like last year the kicking game cost us three games again.

THIS, THIS, AND THIS.

On what planet does the coaching staff shut down the offense and trust Blair Walsh to make a 48 yard field goal where you lose if he misses? After a near miss on the previous PAT due to a bad snap? Yes, I know there is the possibility of turnover, but we needed at least the 20 and preferably the 15 to improve the odds. How does PETE not get this?

If anything, it just showed how pathetic our run game is when we NEED yards.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Meh, we always throw away our 1st round pick anyway. We haven't drafted well there since Thomas/Okung.

But hey, maybe this year we'll draft an O-lineman to compete for a backup spot!

Jeremy517

Reaction score
randomation":8xe4xxfy said:
It's 4 look at the records of the afc wildcards we would be at best 23. If Zona isn't drafting a QB they are idiots and Baker is the QB I fear most in this draft.

It is a two-spot different. Playoff teams always draft behind non-playoff teams.

If Walsh had made the kick, the Seahawks would have been drafting 20th. Instead, the Seahawks are drafting 18th.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I wasn’t rooting for it, but I knew for a fact if it came down to him he would never make it. Hate Walsh so much, mental midget.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1nvq1o0u said:
I wasn't rooting for it as much as I was expecting it.

Beat me to it. I actually stood up to leave the get together I was at because I KNEW it would miss. Walsh is anti clutch, just a friggin headcase

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Unless there were that many Cardinal fans in the stadium, it almost sounded like a good portion of the stadium cheered.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I didn't have to root for him to miss cause I knew he was would miss!

Come on, admit it! You all thought the same!

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Draft position won't matter because Schneider will trade our 1st round pick for a # 3 and a # 6.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Once I knew Atlanta had won, I was. I have no shame in admitting that. Even if it's only one draft position.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I understand the logical reason why a loss was better, but I still can't relate to anyone who actually, in their gut, feels better watching the Seahawks walk off the field with a loss. I don't think I'm capable of enjoying a Seahawks loss.

It's like in the preseason. I know wins don't matter, but I'm a little happier when they win.

Boycie

Reaction score
minormillikin":2coydpr7 said:
I understand the logical reason why a loss was better, but I still can't relate to anyone who actually, in their gut, feels better watching the Seahawks walk off the field with a loss. I don't think I'm capable of enjoying a Seahawks loss.

It's like in the preseason. I know wins don't matter, but I'm a little happier when they win.

Don’t confuse being happy with a Hawks loss with hoping for a higher pick, because once it was over then it was in our best interest long term to drop this game. That is the only reason I was hoping for the L.

nanomoz

Reaction score
minormillikin":2jzbgudh said:

I didn't say I enjoyed it.

I hoped for it because I believe it has a better potential outcome. Not just draft position, but it increases the odds that Walsh is gone. Ditto Bevel, probably.