How Many Were Rooting For The Miss?

ducks41468

Reaction score
getnasty":nyujtszw said:
So funny that people complain about a FO that has produced Russ, Sherm, Marshawn, Baldwin, Kam, Bobby, Earl and many others. Oh and how many of those guys where first rounders?

How many of those guys were selected in the last 5 drafts?

randomation

Reaction score
getnasty":1upsyu50 said:
So funny that people complain about a FO that has produced Russ, Sherm, Marshawn, Baldwin, Kam, Bobby, Earl and many others. Oh and how many of those guys where first rounders?

Outside of Shaq how many hits have we had since Scot left?

pugs1

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3mvgdekc said:
There is little difference between four positions in the middle of the first round.

According to the trade chart it’s a hundred point difference between 18 and 20 which equals the 100th pick in the draft. So if JS trades back it will net more trade capital. For the record I wasn’t rooting for the miss but a higher draft pick is one way of putting a positive spin on the loss.

getnasty

Reaction score
ducks41468":xrtj81jf said:
getnasty":xrtj81jf said:

How many of those guys were selected in the last 5 drafts?

So you either agree with the model or not there still trying to draft the same style of guy. The biggest difference is no one in history of draftimg will ever hit on guys the way we did for that strectch amd were not flipping a whole roster. Lets not forget Prich, Lockett, Clark, Britt, Reed, Naz Jones, McDougal, Coleman, Shaq, Brown, Richardson, Graham Carson in the last 5 years

scutterhawk

Reaction score
poly1274":2ueoe0x4 said:
getnasty":2ueoe0x4 said:
I'm guessing it's maybe 1 spot? Anyone wanting to lose is a douche

I was actually rooting for a miss because Falcons won. And I wanted the FO to understand that you can't be cheap with kickers.
Sick SHIT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I knew we'd been eliminated already. I knew a miss would help our draft position. I completely expected Walsh to miss. Still, I was openly and honestly rooting for a win. I wanted that ten-win season, no matter the implications. Just would have felt better, and that's what it comes down to as a fan rooting for a sport.

Was there a tiny little guilty part of me hoping he'd shank it? Yeah, probably so. Because deep down inside, I knew it'd probably be better for the team overall if he shanked it, showed the front office we shouldn't have gone cheap with a known liability at kicker, and gotten ourselves a marginally better draft.

But mostly I wanted him to make it, because a Seahawks win is always better than the alternative.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3hu29ero said:
Rooting for a loss? Please start pulling for a different team.

There's rooting for a loss and then there is the pragmatic realisation that winning makes you potentially worse off in the long run.

Seymour

Reaction score
getnasty":313tb4uz said:

Every one of those players was picked up in a 2 year period when Pete was most familiar with college players coming out.

We haven't drafted a true game changer in 5 years. That is why the team is fading.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
randomation":2fibw3lr said:
getnasty":2fibw3lr said:

Exactly. See a trend there?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
As for rooting for a miss, I didn't root either way because I quit watching after the pathetic 1st half and went to a party. I saw that Atlanta was going to win anyways and quit caring after that. I didn't even know that Walsh missed another one until the following day. I did laugh at the whole thing though because not only did Walsh screw the pooch again, but it also showed how inept our coaching staff is by settling for the 48 yarder.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1db83txr said:
randomation":1db83txr said:
getnasty":1db83txr said:

Exactly. See a trend there?

Frank Clark? Also looks like Dion Jordan might be a huge pick up. I'll throw in Jarran Reed too. Everyone needs to stop thinking that only 2011/12 brought quality players. The hits in those drafts were way above the league norm.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":xml22aja said:
Winning against a divisional opponent does not make you better in the long run. :roll:
Regarding the draft it does. It gives us a higher pick and gives them a lower one.

It didn't affect anything else.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2oi5g7q9 said:
I knew we'd been eliminated already. I knew a miss would help our draft position. I completely expected Walsh to miss. Still, I was openly and honestly rooting for a win. I wanted that ten-win season, no matter the implications. Just would have felt better, and that's what it comes down to as a fan rooting for a sport.

Was there a tiny little guilty part of me hoping he'd shank it? Yeah, probably so. Because deep down inside, I knew it'd probably be better for the team overall if he shanked it, showed the front office we shouldn't have gone cheap with a known liability at kicker, and gotten ourselves a marginally better draft.

But mostly I wanted him to make it, because a Seahawks win is always better than the alternative.

51/49 works for me too.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3aftc709 said:
Letting a division rival walk out of your stadium with a win is never a good thing.
It makes no difference whatsoever.