How Many Were Rooting For The Miss?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
There is little difference between four positions in the middle of the first round.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
bmorepunk":19ocrthu said:
There is little difference between four positions in the middle of the first round.

If you know what you're doing, this is very true.

If you don't know what you're doing, you miss out on a Cam Robinson and get a Malik McDowell instead.

randomation

Reaction score
Jeremy517":2ae9qhn0 said:
randomation":2ae9qhn0 said:
It's 4 look at the records of the afc wildcards we would be at best 23. If Zona isn't drafting a QB they are idiots and Baker is the QB I fear most in this draft.

It is a two-spot different. Playoff teams always draft behind non-playoff teams.

If Walsh had made the kick, the Seahawks would have been drafting 20th. Instead, the Seahawks are drafting 18th.

Seattle would have been drafting 23rd what are you talking about? Tennessee and Buffalo are both in the playoffs and will likely lose in round 1

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Great, we'll trade down 5 spots and get an extra 7th.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
randomation":1na02ywe said:
Jeremy517":1na02ywe said:
randomation":1na02ywe said:
It's 4 look at the records of the afc wildcards we would be at best 23. If Zona isn't drafting a QB they are idiots and Baker is the QB I fear most in this draft.

It is a two-spot different. Playoff teams always draft behind non-playoff teams.

If Walsh had made the kick, the Seahawks would have been drafting 20th. Instead, the Seahawks are drafting 18th.

Seattle would have been drafting 23rd what are you talking about? Tennessee and Buffalo are both in the playoffs and will likely lose in round 1

Teams that don't make the playoffs can't draft 23rd. All teams that make the playoffs draft behind all teams that miss the playoffs, regardless of record. The worst draft position for a team that doesn't make the playoffs is 20th.

If the Seahawks had won, they would have drafted behind Dallas and Detroit, but now they don't due to strength-of-schedule, so the Seahawks draft 18th.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":12wm3i23 said:
I wasn't rooting for it as much as I was expecting it.
Ditto. Even though the end result would have been the same (no playoffs), I wanted a W today.

JGreen79

Reaction score
randomation":1tzb0b8u said:
Jeremy517":1tzb0b8u said:
randomation":1tzb0b8u said:

Which puts them at 21 and 22. 12 teams make the playoffs. 32-12=20. Meaning the lower 20 picks are based on record. At 10-6 and not in the playoffs the highest pick sea could get is 20. At 9-7 tie breakers get involved and Det and Dal get picks 19-20(based on a coin flip)

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Terrell Suggs was taken one pick before we got Marcus Trufant. Don't tell me draft position doesn't mean anything.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rooting for the miss is just silly. Expecting the miss? Yeah, I was all over that.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
** MOD EDIT**

Stay On Topic and No Attacking Other Posters.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":1pvo1ygf said:
Terrell Suggs was taken one pick before we got Marcus Trufant. Don't tell me draft position doesn't mean anything.

Who told you that "draft position doesn't mean anything"?

randomation

Reaction score
JGreen79":o3e6omxr said:
randomation":o3e6omxr said:
Jeremy517":o3e6omxr said:
randomation":o3e6omxr said:

Which puts them at 21 and 22. 12 teams make the playoffs. 32-12=20. Meaning the lower 20 picks are based on record. At 10-6 and not in the playoffs the highest pick sea could get is 20. At 9-7 tie breakers get involved and Det and Dal get picks 19-20(based on a coin flip)

You actually think either Bufffalo or Tennessee will win their first round game? Those two teams are 9-7 for Seattle to make it we would be 10 and 6 there fore we would be locked into 23 it's 4 spots minimum.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
randomation":2phgacyh said:
You actually think either Bufffalo or Tennessee will win their first round game? Those two teams are 9-7 for Seattle to make it we would be 10 and 6 there fore we would be locked into 23 it's 4 spots minimum.

I think you are confused about this thread. This thread is about whether people were rooting for Walsh to miss the FG attempt after we knew that the Seahawks were eliminated from playoff contention, not about whether people wanted the team to miss the playoffs or not.

randomation

Reaction score
Jeremy517":2o1jloy6 said:
randomation":2o1jloy6 said:

I think you are confused about this thread. This thread is about whether people were rooting for Walsh to miss the FG attempt after we knew that the Seahawks were eliminated from playoff contention, not about whether people wanted the team to miss the playoffs or not.

I think you are confused there was a difference of 4 spots not 2 if we make the playoffs and Buffalo and Tennessee lose as I expect to happen even if we lost in the first round we would be picking 23 because we would 10-6 they would be 9-7

JGreen79

Reaction score
randomation":he51gehp said:
Jeremy517":he51gehp said:
randomation":he51gehp said:

I think you are confused there was a difference of 4 spots not 2 if we make the playoffs and Buffalo and Tennessee lose as I expect to happen even if we lost in the first round we would be picking 23 because we would 10-6 they would be 9-7

At the time of the kick it was already known we were not in the playoffs. You are right about picking 23 if we made the playoffs, but that's moot as we were already locked into no higher than 20.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Draft position doesn't mean much if you trade down and if you stink at drafting anyway.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
randomation":27z4nldb said:

The Seahawks had already been eliminated from the playoffs. The Atlanta game was over before Walsh missed the kick. The Seahawks were not getting in the playoffs even if Walsh had made the kick.

getnasty

Reaction score
So funny that people complain about a FO that has produced Russ, Sherm, Marshawn, Baldwin, Kam, Bobby, Earl and many others. Oh and how many of those guys where first rounders?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
So to be clear, the difference between losing and winning this game <thanks to the Falcons> was the 18th and 20th pick, right?