How much longer is the world gonna pretend Wilson is elite?

John63

Reaction score
austinslater25":2gsmgv01 said:
Tical21":2gsmgv01 said:

I partly blame you for this type of stuff.

You think he cares, he loves that this is happening anything that denigrates Wilson he loves. Given the OP has very few posts for all we know it is Tical in disguise.

zchurch74

Reaction score
You can look up my old posts. I have never been a Wilson fan. I do agree the line is terrible but his decision making is bad. He misses a lot of open receivers and often could run and slide for 3-4 yards but often takes a sack or an incompletion.

There are reasons for he media outside of Seattle to not consider him elite. Fox, CBS, and NFL network analysts don’t consider him on the same page as Brady, breeze, Mahomes, Manning. Russ probably throws the best deep ball and does escape but he just isn’t quit elite. Some of this is Pete’s fault.

If there were 4 minutes left and Russ has to go 80 yards and he had to call his own played, I don’t think he would be able to do it. He can’t read defenses pre snap well enough. He doesn’t know when to audible. Often calls the wrong audible. Doesn’t know when to keep it and run it to hand off to RB.

With all this said he is our QB and he will be the best Seahawk QB ever to play for us.

Seymour

Reaction score
John63":2zwdmmkg said:
austinslater25":2zwdmmkg said:
Tical21":2zwdmmkg said:

I partly blame you for this type of stuff.

You think he cares, he loves that this is happening anything that denigrates Wilson he loves. Given the OP has very few posts for all we know it is Tical in disguise.

Exactly. Tical is the leader of the Wilson haters and thrives on losses chaos. That is his calling to dream up new garbage like "can't throw against zone" BS to get his troops rallied from the brick yard. :2thumbs:

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is a pretty excellent player IMO. Like any QB in the league he plays better with better offensive line protection, good RB's carrying the load, and WR's who make plays. If some or a lot of those are effected by injuries or suspensions of course he will play worse. It's the same thing for every QB in the league. Your QB gets worse when the parts around him get worse. No doubt about it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
zchurch74":31n4icw2 said:
You can look up my old posts. I have never been a Wilson fan. I do agree the line is terrible but his decision making is bad. He misses a lot of open receivers and often could run and slide for 3-4 yards but often takes a sack or an incompletion.

There are reasons for he media outside of Seattle to not consider him elite. Fox, CBS, and NFL network analysts don’t consider him on the same page as Brady, breeze, Mahomes, Manning. Russ probably throws the best deep ball and does escape but he just isn’t quit elite. Some of this is Pete’s fault.

If there were 4 minutes left and Russ has to go 80 yards and he had to call his own played, I don’t think he would be able to do it. He can’t read defenses pre snap well enough. He doesn’t know when to audible. Often calls the wrong audible. Doesn’t know when to keep it and run it to hand off to RB.

With all this said he is our QB and he will be the best Seahawk QB ever to play for us.

New idea for the pro football Hall of Fame, in the entrance to the Hall have a book patrons can page through of all the fan letters, comments and hot takes like this that have super terrible opinions on the players in the Hall.

I'd nominate this one for Russell's page when he gets inducted.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":istp6z5x said:
What a pathetic thread. :pukeface:

Show me any starting QB that succeeds with no pass protection. Maybe the OP would have prefered we get Luck or RG3 in 2012?
^ THIS^

John63

Reaction score
zchurch74":1yuqnawm said:

wow thats a lot of stuff no facts just your blabbing. This is laughable "If there were 4 minutes left and Russ has to go 80 yards, and he had to call his own played" he has already done it 4 times this year tal about an out and out lie.

As to the rest once again no facts just obvious bias but hey at least you admitted your biased.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
It is Pete, not Wilson. It's no mystery why Peyton Manning didn't want to sign here. You notice when we ran quick hitters and varied the tempo how we marched straight down the field and scored a TD? What did we do after? We ran the same bloody plays where everyone is doing a deep crossing route, or go route that we've ran since 2010. When we weren't doing that we were running six plays in a row. This isn't new folks, this is what Pete Carroll does. Bevell, Bates, and Schottenheimer's offense looked the same when we get in these modes.

The ironic thing is whenever we shift from this style of offense we move the ball. Wilson, when he was balling his mind out was playing in a fundamentally different offense. Lots of short routes that functioned as extended handoffs, paired with deep attacks when teams cheated too far up. Where did that go? Pete is where it went. Carroll even admitted that he doesn't like short routes. What is worse is we're playing off of our teams weaknesses. We got this 11-4 record by setting the run up with the pass, and by Russell's arm.

We're now dialing up running plays into the weakest spot of the offense, into run blitzes, drawing up gameplans around Moore and Turner, and dialing up gameplans that exacerbate the lack of protection and EMPHASIZE our banged up line. This has been a consistent trend for over a month now. Pete's offense has got to go.

Tical21

Reaction score
Wow, I'm not sure I have ever seen so many excuses before!

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
LastRideOut":3d4bauwc said:
Come on. Too many new fans here with the bipolar tendicies. One week, it is, "we are going to the SB!" and the next week, it is threads like this garbage one.

Relax. Go get laid. Come back next Sunday and root for the Seahawks.

Please fix your logo in your signature. You are using the 2011 logo.

John63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2qtn1n1y said:
It is Pete, not Wilson. It's no mystery why Peyton Manning didn't want to sign here. You notice when we ran quick hitters and varied the tempo how we marched straight down the field and scored a TD? What did we do after? We ran the same bloody plays where everyone is doing a deep crossing route, or go route that we've ran since 2010. When we weren't doing that we were running six plays in a row. This isn't new folks, this is what Pete Carroll does. Bevell, Bates, and Schottenheimer's offense looked the same when we get in these modes.

The ironic thing is whenever we shift from this style of offense we move the ball. Wilson, when he was balling his mind out was playing in a fundamentally different offense. Lots of short routes that functioned as extended handoffs, paired with deep attacks when teams cheated too far up. Where did that go? Pete is where it went. Carroll even admitted that he doesn't like short routes. What is worse is we're playing off of our teams weaknesses. We got this 11-4 record by setting the run up with the pass, and by Russell's arm.

We're now dialing up running plays into the weakest spot of the offense, into run blitzes, drawing up gameplans around Moore and Turner, and dialing up gameplans that exacerbate the lack of protection and EMPHASIZE our banged up line. This has been a consistent trend for over a month now. Pete's offense has got to go.

correct and if you watched the TV PC went right to Schotty and had a semi heated talk with him and what happened next series back to same old crap.

The Breh

Reaction score
Dog chasing it's tail.
Can't even entertain threads like this.
Sunday night/Monday .net threads are :pukeface:

edogg23

Reaction score
More like are the Seahawks going to let Russ prove it. I would rather the Seahawks go out guns blazing with Russ throwing 50 passes in a game then trying to rely on some 4th string running back to
carry any load.

John63

Reaction score
edogg23":3uarp4e2 said:
More like are the Seahawks going to let Russ prove it. I would rather the Seahawks go out guns blazing with Russ throwing 50 passes in a game then trying to rely on some 4th string running back to
carry any load.

He has already proven it

#6 in yards
7 YPA
3 TDs
2nd in td/int
7 QBR
5 Qb rating
2 DYAR
5 DVOA

Behind
25th ranked pass blocking oline
in a run first system

He has already proven it.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Halea41":3oskzzxa said:
It’s so frustrating to watch him play.

The haters are out in full force today. Must have just gotten the free turkey dinner at the mission and are feeling frisky.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":209wn2le said:
Wow, I'm not sure I have ever seen so many excuses before!
I haven't even chimed in my 2 cents yet :lol: :lol: :lol:
John you are what your record says you are.. : :snack:

John63

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2tk69qf4 said:
Halea41":2tk69qf4 said:

The haters are out in full force today. Must have just gotten the free turkey dinner at the mission and are feeling frisky.

LOL yeah and though the FACTS and STATS show their wrong they will continue to drive their tactless narrative. Interesting though alot of newbies, pushing the same narrative as certain others HMM

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
John63":1l5ddl0c said:
Tusc2000":1l5ddl0c said:
Halea41":1l5ddl0c said:

LOL yeah and though the FACTS and STATS show their wrong they will continue to drive their tactless narrative. Interesting though alot of newbies, pushing the same narrative as certain others HMM
Some, if not many, of the people who push this narrative would be completely satisfied the Winston/Tampa Bay situation. All they care about are big fantasy football numbers. It's how the new generation of fans judge players. QBs are judged by this even more so than any other position.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":36p7qeke said:
It is Pete, not Wilson. It's no mystery why Peyton Manning didn't want to sign here.

43 to 8.
Old Man Manning would have been a Piss Poor Quarterback....He was a Statue; Without a shred of doubt, Wilson with Marshawn Lynch was a WAAAAAAY better option.
Don't believe me?, how come the Denver Bronco's didn't just keep on winning Year After Year?...He was a "One Trick Pony", or should I say a "One Trick Phony"

Fade

Reaction score
Russell Wilson's last 5 season's

2015-2019

79 Games | 50-28-1

153 TDs
42 INTs
7.9 YPA
102.6 Passer Rating (107.3 in 2019 alone)

to go along with being a runner, 2087 rush yards, & 8 TDs

PFF Offensive line rank in that span: (30, 32, 27, 19, 31)

On a team that is built to run the ball, and play defense. Not built around him. Performing at this level you should be extremely impressed, because no one in the league is doing what Wilson is doing behind wretched offensive lines.

Drew Brees

72 Games | 45-27

148 TDs
43 INTs
7.9 YPA

106.4 Passer Rating

PFF Offensive line rank: (13, 12, 9, 11, 4)

On a team that is built around him, with a top playcaller, an elite offensive line, with weapons galore.

What games have you been watching the last 5 years?

[youtube]0GSUlHaX0RY[/youtube]

Latest posts