How much of the Percy blunder is Bevell's fault

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
As one of Bevell's biggest critics I only blame Bevell for the play calling and the game plan on the field. Can't blame the guy for wanting a dynamic playmaker in his offense and he has nothing to do with Percy's attitude problems.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I didn't see this mentioned, but PC recruited Harvin out of HS and obviously missed out, but got his next chance in the pros, and I'm pretty sure he thought he had some type of bond with him..

Fail.

AgentDib

Reaction score
HawkWow":33j98ny2 said:
Didn't see it, but I wrote the same when we signed Harvin and continued to stress we should trade him for OL just 2 days before his departure. Few here agreed and in fact, I was labeled "Fake fan". Ouch! And no...I am not patting myself on the back.
I probably missed the thread you are talking about but the one I saw prior to the trade was full of people expecting multiple first round picks or high first round picks. You almost never see that for a player who has gotten paid because they are either worth it or not and either outcome dampens enthusiasm for a deal.

Donn2390

Reaction score
HawkWow":2xn9nlab said:
TCHawkfan":2xn9nlab said:
My best Hillary shriek: "what difference does it make?"

There are 32 NFL head coaches in the world, 32 GMs, OCs & DCs, these guys have a little bit of a clue what they are doing. Many here HATE Bevell but apparently, Pete, JS, etc. think he is doing ok or they would have a different OC. Or do we think there aren't hundreds of other guys who would love to have his job?

You're right, they know what they are doing, so ask yourself this...of those 32 teams, why was it only us negotiating for Harvin until SF jumped in? Coincidence? York and Jim knew they were about to get Boldin from brother John. Why would they want yet another headcase on the 9ers? They didn't. What they wanted, they got.

Their presence jumped the price of Minnesota's desired 2nd rndr to Pete's 1st, 3rd and 7th (!) No way was Pete going to let evil Jim escape with the prize he coveted for damn near a decade. Brilliant move by our enemies down south and just one of countless reasons Pete and John were made fools in this deal. I could go on (and on), but I'm over it. I do not "wish harvin well" and I do hope the NY media, far superior to our own, reams him at every given chance until he's confined to a padded cell.
This is a prime example of a man with a wild imagination..!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3mej0ev5 said:
HawkGA":3mej0ev5 said:
LymonHawk":3mej0ev5 said:
Not only is Bevell at fault on this, but also for; ISIS, Ebola, and Milli Vanilli.

True!

Are you blaming Bevell for Mili Vanilli or blaming Mili Vanilli for Harvin? It's a little unclear.

Ya...Enquiring minds want to know. :sarcasm_off:

[youtube]ZbUENJ5FjBk[/youtube]

It's True!

ivotuk

Reaction score
seabowl":8q7dufvn said:
I know all of us hate that it came to this and wished Percy would have worked out for us. With this said how much blame do you put on Bevell for Perc's failure? Not only from a standpoint of getting him correctly involved in the offensive scheme but also his involvement with even wanting to acquire Percy in the first place. Remember Bevell was Percy's OC in Minnesota and was completely informed of his on the field/off the field issues. Thoughts?

Do you really think that Bevell kept that to himself? That he didn't tell Pete everything there was to know about Percy?

Sorry but the idea is ludicrous. Pete knew exactly what he was getting in to. Pete recruited Percy out of high school, as he did Tim Tebow. And rest assured Pete knows what's going on with Percy before he gave the okay to trade for him.