How the Hawks can win the SB --his name is Gonzales

plyka

Reaction score
First name Tony, last name Gonzales. Not only is he the nicest guy, he is also one of the best looking guys in the NFL...oh I almost forgot, he is also the best TE the sport has ever seen.

The Falcons are out of the playoff hunt. They are missing their main weapon in Julio Jones for the season, Roddy White is old, has not been his great self and or has been hurt all year, and Steven Jackson is always hurt. Not to mention their record is atrocious. Gonzales came back for 1 last year to win the SB, this will not happen with the Falcons.

So why the hell don't the Hawks make an offer? Offer a 4th round pick, there is no doubt the Falcons would take it...why why why oh why don't the Hawks at least do it? In my opinion, it would make this offense so much better. He would automatically become the #1 weapon, yes, used even more than a Percy in top flight. Just due to who Russell is and who Gonzales is.

So, a few questions:

1) Do you think it will happen?
2) What would you be willing to give up?
3) Jusst how stupid are the hawks if they do not trade a 4th or 5th round pick for a superbowl ring?
4) How would he fit in here? Never mind, i already know the answer to $4.

Seeker

Reaction score
He don't wanna do it. Dudes got one foot out the league, already a media seat warmed up for him.

drdiags

Reaction score
Maybe they made an offer but surely you have seen Gonzo's response to any trade talk? Atlanta can not talk the man into returning then turn around and trade him mid-season without it being a public relations nightmare.

Hawks cannot trade to themselves. Tony would fit in well here as a #2 TE, he is more for a pass-friendly offense. I don't expect to see a lot of blocking from him at this stage of his career.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We can barely get targets to our rookie receiving TE who's shown some very promising YAC ability. Zach Miller once caught for 800+ yards from JAMARCUS RUSSELL and made a Pro Bowl in the process. We have weapons at TE, but people just don't realize it because of what we're asking them to do.

I admit that Gonzales is the GOAT in terms of a receiving TE, but what good is that going to do us when we need so much help in blocking with our tackles out? Real football doesn't work quite like fantasy. The numbers he amasses in Atlanta's pass-heavy offense are not going directly transfer over.

Basis4day

Reaction score
plyka":15867ynl said:
First name Tony, last name Gonzales. Not only is he the nicest guy, he is also one of the best looking guys in the NFL...oh I almost forgot, he is also the best TE the sport has ever seen.

The Falcons are out of the playoff hunt. They are missing their main weapon in Julio Jones for the season, Roddy White is old, has not been his great self and or has been hurt all year, and Steven Jackson is always hurt. Not to mention their record is atrocious. Gonzales came back for 1 last year to win the SB, this will not happen with the Falcons.

So why the hell don't the Hawks make an offer? Offer a 4th round pick, there is no doubt the Falcons would take it...why why why oh why don't the Hawks at least do it? In my opinion, it would make this offense so much better. He would automatically become the #1 weapon, yes, used even more than a Percy in top flight. Just due to who Russell is and who Gonzales is.

So, a few questions:

3) Jusst how stupid are the hawks if they do not trade a 4th or 5th round pick for a superbowl ring?

We really don't need any one player to push us over the top. He's owed 5.25 Million. Prorated it's about half that. You pick up Gonzalez, it pushes us right to the limit on cap space. We then lose are rollover ability and lose our ability to resign the underpaid core guys who make this team what it is. All for no guarantee of a Super Bowl.

You're assuming a Super Bowl is automatic and that he can be had for a 4th or 5th. Sorry, does not compute.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
drdiags":1til549p said:
Maybe they made an offer but surely you have seen Gonzo's response to any trade talk? Atlanta can not talk the man into returning then turn around and trade him mid-season without it being a public relations nightmare.

Hawks cannot trade to themselves. Tony would fit in well here as a #2 TE, he is more for a pass-friendly offense. I don't expect to see a lot of blocking from him at this stage of his career.

This pretty much, and especially the bolded, unless he wanted out. He's already been on record saying he doesn't want to leave ATL, and the Falcons have already said themselves they don't have interest trading him.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Great. Now, when we lose in the closing moments of the SB, I will know why. No Gonzalez.

Pete, you are so dumb. How could you not yet do this to me?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
plyka":1tknguzs said:

So, a few questions:

Funny, all of this got played out in the media about two weeks ago and the Falcons have said "there is no way we trade Gonzalez" while Gonzalez himself said "I don't want to be traded anywhere."

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/tony-gon ... ump/nbQ4J/

It will NOT happen.

12thMan1

Reaction score
As much as I think it would help out this team, there are a couple of factors going against it.

1. He doesn't want to leave the Falcons.
2. The Falcons FO would ask way too much compensation for someone who's going to be retirering after this season.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Giving up something for an old, halfway retired TE? No thanks. There aren't enough balls to get to the guys already on the team.