How the Seahawks fixed thier run defense

GGotskill

Reaction score
Good stuff. Small sample size, and I also wonder how much the passing defense plays into this. Teams passing easily on the Hawks, in close games, means they are less like to lean on the run game.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
Good stuff. Small sample size, and I also wonder how much the passing defense plays into this. Teams passing easily on the Hawks, in close games, means they are less like to lean on the run game.
I think a lot of that has to do with the injuries with in the secondary and just bad safety play, Love and Diggs have just been awful so far so I hope that improves.

renofox

Reaction score
I think a lot of that has to do with the injuries with in the secondary and just bad safety play, Love and Diggs have just been awful so far so I hope that improves.
Agreed. Love and Diggs are performing in the bottom 20% of safeties.

Amazing we're spending 4-10x league average (depending on who you listen to) on safeties and we're getting shitshow levels of results. Scheme? idk

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner has a lot to do with the improved run defense too. He's making the right calls on defense and getting players set correctly. Even if he is not the prime Bobby athletically, he's still great in the mental aspects of the game.

toffee

Reaction score
Agreed. Love and Diggs are performing in the bottom 20% of safeties.

Amazing we're spending 4-10x league average (depending on who you listen to) on safeties and we're getting shitshow levels of results. Scheme? idk
It's strange, Diggs has been good for seasons, and love is also a vet.