How To Salvage The Season

JRobinson

Reaction score
Reaneypark":3six3xnq said:
We just aren’t that good. We may go 9-7 if things break right, but we have too many raw players in key spots and too many coaches who don’t seem to know what they’re doing with this team to hope for more than that.

Yup, you said it, not me. I’m just agreeing with you. Maybe a losing record is in the cards.

JRobinson

Reaction score
toffee":3ffza30m said:
Our season is in GOOD shape, we are a rebuilding team sitting at 2-2. One ahead of 9ers and Cardinals, two games back from Rams.

Our rebuilding defense is doing better than expected, of course Earl's injury might hurt a bit. We almost stole a game from both Chicago (3-1) and Denver (2-1). We beat the Girls (2-2) fair and square.

For two weeks, we ran the ball with some efficiency, OK, cardinal's DL was ranked #32, but still. Baldwin was a bit rusty today, and my dreamed 2 TE set ain't gonna happen with Will's injury. So far Russ hasn't had a good game. OK, we need improvements.

Sky ain't fallin', this homer is reasonable happy.

If you truly believe that your season is in good shape then.... let’s take a look.
In my own prediction here.

vs LAR - L
vsOAK - W
@DET - L
@LAR - L
vs GB - L
@ CAR - L
vs SF - W
vs MIN - L
@ SF - L
vs KC - L
vs ARI - W

Meh, doesn’t look good. Trade out maybe two Ls for Ws... maybe.

6-10 to me. Glorious

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Rough.

But i see 8/9 wins there. 10 with an upset.

6 if things go bad.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
JRobinson":3qjm7ym2 said:
Reaneypark":3qjm7ym2 said:
We just aren’t that good. We may go 9-7 if things break right, but we have too many raw players in key spots and too many coaches who don’t seem to know what they’re doing with this team to hope for more than that.

Yup, you said it, not me. I’m just agreeing with you. Maybe a losing record is in the cards.

And more and more are saying it - and agreeing.

GO HAWKS!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
sutz":2fei1f9m said:
2-2 on Oct 1 and we're talking about "salvaging" the season?

:laugh:

Yep, it’s Crazy Time :177692: around here.

The team got a W today in a tough Divisional game. It was a rough win as DB said after the game and it hurts losing ET and Dissly, but there was lots to build upon. Lot’s of things to improve upon. The team will soon get some peeps back and Dissly hopefully will be replaced in a couple of games by Dickson, Earl otoh will be hard guy to replace, but the team has TT waiting in the wings ready to play. I’d still try to keep Thomas.

Salvage the season? Today certainly was a step in the right direction. Not buying the negativity, don’t get it.

To me the story needs to be more focused upon the positives of the day, a W, 2nd consecutive week with a 100 yd. rusher, and solid D, the OLine looking better. The Cardinals as well despite their 0-4 record are a better team than that record shows. Now the Hawks are 2nd in the Div. they have a chance to get another critical Divisional W next weekend which will give them some leverage on the Lambs.

Let’s try and change this Pete sucks, and the team is old and doomed because of him drumbeat of negativity. Things are lot better than the Nellies here acknowledge.

What if the team wins next week? Does the the season still need salvaging?

A W is a W and they all are beautiful even when they are hard tough wins. 9-7 OK, maybe, maybe not, look at the schedule. I’m OK with 9-7, kinda thought that was about right when the season started. The D is actually playing pretty well.

2_0_6

Reaction score
The 2018 Seahawks I feel might end up like the 2018 Mariners. Keep it together with dental floss and scotch tape for a good portion of the season, but in the end the lack of depth and craptastic roster decisions will knock us back to reality.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What unremitting negativity, the team freaking WON today, on the road in September, something that hasn’t happened since forever ago (2015?).

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
JRobinson":1nmuh1m3 said:
If you truly believe that your season is in good shape then.... let’s take a look.

vs LAR - L
vsOAK - W
@DET - L
@LAR - L
vs GB - L
@ CAR - L
vs SF - W
vs MIN - L
@ SF - L
vs KC - L
vs ARI - W

6-10 to me. Glorious

Your "prediction" is as important to me as that lottery ticket that never seems to pay out.

Worthless.

Polk738

Reaction score
To be fair some key points so far in the season, the OL is very much improved compared to the last two seasons, the defense is still in the top 10 despite losing 4 pro-bowlers and KJ Wright, we have two RB's who already have 100 yard games when was the last time you saw that? Ya the season won't be great but there is upside so far.

adeltaY

Reaction score
jammerhawk":28a4eaoj said:
What unremitting negativity, the team freaking WON today, on the road in September, something that hasn’t happened since forever ago (2015?).

2015 was the last time our offense was good enough to carry a team. It isn't any more and has been bad for two seasons. Do you see any improvement? How is going 0/10 on third down moving in the right direction? The Cardinals are the worst team in the league and we squeaked by them.

This win is a win thing doesn't hold water to me because it's looking at the results over the process and doing so without context. If we play the Rams next week and win like we did today, you won't hear any complaining from me. You take a W against a top team in this league any way you can. We didn't play the Rams though, the only good team we've played so far is the Bears. Our QB looks lost out there. The guy is in his 7th season and was an MVP candidate last year and his production is bottom ten so far this season. How is that acceptable? I'm not even blaming Wilson, I'm looking at the coaches first here.

Fade

Reaction score
Uncle Si":17oliusv said:
Rough.

But i see 8/9 wins there. 10 with an upset.

What kind of odds will you give me? I will take the under.

The likeliest scenario is the team is going to get worse, as the injuries pile up.

6-10 is very likely, maybe 7-9 if things go swimmingly from here on out injury wise.

DEN - L
CHI - L
DAL - W
AZ - W

LAR - L
OAK - L-or-W (on grass, no gimme whatsoever.)
DET - L-or-W
LAR - L
GB - L
CAR - L
SF - W
MIN - L
SF - L-or-W (on the road on grass, no gimme whatsoever.)
KC - L
AZ - L-or-W (AZ has owned the Seahawks in Seattle.)

If they lose to both OAK & DET they very well could be staring 4-12, 5-11 in the face.

I will go with 6-10 for now.

stack55

Reaction score
The legion of boom is gone. We have a bunch of
Hungry young players I don’t even know their names
Yet. I was pissed the first time Pete turned this roster
Over. We will have some growing pains. Let’s enjoy
The ride.

AgentDib

Reaction score
No offense to the psychics here but the following is more realistic.

LAR - W or L
OAK - W or L
DET - W or L
LAR - W or L
GB - W or L
CAR -W or L
SF - W or L
MIN - W or L
SF - W or L
KC - W or L
AZ - W or L

Looks like we'll finish somewhere between 14-2 and 2-14.

sutz

Reaction score
AgentDib":3omjd858 said:
No offense to the psychics here but the following is more realistic.

LAR - W or L
OAK - W or L
DET - W or L
LAR - W or L
GB - W or L
CAR -W or L
SF - W or L
MIN - W or L
SF - W or L
KC - W or L
AZ - W or L

Looks like we'll finish somewhere between 14-2 and 2-14.
Lol emoji internet slang acronym 260nw 1024887877

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hawker8989":3nam9pua said:
You do realize the 2005 team had a good defense and an all pro o-line? The 2014 team had the LOB in it's prime. Can we make the postseason? Sure. Does it look like we will make any noise? Unlikely.

The 2005 team had an average defense that improved to good by the end of the regular season but defensive depth was paper-thin. That 2005 team and the great o-line was an amazing offense that could run, move the ball, and score on anyone.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":208g0ihw said:
Hawker8989":208g0ihw said:
Nothing we can do. Best case scenario is making it as a WC. But the fact remains we aren't close to a SB contender. We barely beat an 0-16 candidate today.

Do you remember 2014? Or 2005? Let me refresh your memory

2005- 2-2 through week four
2014- 3-3 through week seven

Hating on your team after 4 games? Keep it classy.

:2thumbs:
Why do you always comment on how other people fan. Geez you add nothing to these posts but negativity and insults. How about come up with a rebuttal to posters :pukeface:

JRobinson

Reaction score
Aros":uyc1kfi2 said:
JRobinson":uyc1kfi2 said:

vs LAR - L
vsOAK - W
@DET - L
@LAR - L
vs GB - L
@ CAR - L
vs SF - W
vs MIN - L
@ SF - L
vs KC - L
vs ARI - W

6-10 to me. Glorious

Your "prediction" is as important to me as that lottery ticket that never seems to pay out.

Worthless.

Is that because you agree or.....

Is that because it’s very likely to happen?

Your response is as important to me as my wife and child. :sarcasm_on:

Worthless :sarcasm_off:

mistaowen

Reaction score
It's unlikely much change will happen to the offense during the season or in the future. It's unfortunate but this is the style Pete wants and there is no exciting potential under Shotty if Pete did wash his hands of the offense. I still don't know if they have 'that guy' like Marshawn to run the offense he desires but it's been better. It's still so painful watching the offense struggle to move the ball. Even completed passes are heavily contested, defenses just know how to defend the playbook. It shouldn't be so difficult to move the ball with every other game around the league being shootouts but here we are at 0/9 on 3rd down this week against a bad team.

Defense is much better than expected, big kudos to Pete and KN jr. Horrible injury to Earl, he was playing at an elite level like usual. Guess it's time to see what Tedric's got.