Huskies Recruiting Class

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1xd2mbg9 said:
Hawkfan77":1xd2mbg9 said:
hawknation2015":1xd2mbg9 said:
pehawk":1xd2mbg9 said:
Love it Hawknation2015. You're the Mebane of dotnet; underrated value the layman cant see.

Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I have enjoyed reading your posts; you have a hell of a sense of humor!

Check out RB/CB/KR Austin Joyner's highlight reel:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1865373/hig ... 2098382/v2

People are talking about him on defense, but you can't keep the ball out of the hands of a guy with his balance, vision, and explosiveness.
Joyner needs to be a RB. I have no doubt he could be a good CB, he's that athletic, but like you said, he needs to have the ball inches hands.

This was a great class and basically Pete's first go at recruiting in a big time conference. I think he proved a lot of doubters wrong this week and that his methods (while a little different than at Boise) proved to work. What's most impressive is that he had no de-commits. Not one kid even so much as wavered a bit.

I agree. Unfortunately, he wants to play cornerback. Petersen mentioned that during his press conference yesterday. They said they didn't have any film of him playing corner because he played some kind of rover position in HS, but when they checked him out during the summer camp, he looked very fluid in coverage. As Petersen said, he could be the kind of competitor who would be successful wherever he plays.

As a RB, he is outstanding. His extraordinary balance is what sets him apart. He reminds me of a taller Ray Rice when Rice was at Rutgers (insert elevator joke here).

If he's an elite as prospect as people are saying here, he's smart to stay at CB. CB's right now are making triple what RB's are making, and have longer careers. If he thinks he's going to the League, CB is the place to be.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":yrdfczrh said:
IndyHawk":yrdfczrh said:
Hawkfan77":yrdfczrh said:
Let's take a look at Sark's QBs while at Washington:

Nick Montana: 4 stars, transfered
Derrick Brown: 3 stars, position change
Jeff Lindquist: 4 stars, backup
Cyler Miles: 4 stars, starter (should be backup)
Troy Williams: 4 stars, tranfering

He got "talented" QBs, star wise, he just couldn't develop even one of them...not a one
I'd like to know if we have anyone that CAN develop our qb's ..Who's job is it right now?

Ultimately, it's on Petersen. He is the former QB, QB coach, and OC who has turned two star players into All-Americans.

I thought we saw some signifiant improvement from Miles, but there is only so much you can do with a QB as inaccurate and erratic in his decision making as Miles.

If you're a Huskies fan, you have to be excited about Jake Browning -- great decision maker, incredible field awareness, deadly accurate, throws a catchable ball -- the anti-Miles.

MNWzZIB

[youtube]48_PGOspl1s[/youtube]
I've been a Dawg fan sice I saw Warren Moon play there .Miles I thought wasn't ready last year in all ways but did improve.Browning does look pretty good .