Huskies Spring Practice: Day 2, 3, 4: Etc.

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3kjr9zvv said:
I’ve heard that Haener by far has been the best qb so far. Eason having accuracy issues.

Haener threw a pick six and a two more passes that should have been picked just two practices ago. No QB has been accurate so far in camp which isn't a surprise considering it's spring camp. I would be worried if the QB's were lighting it up.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
goseahawks2012":1m3re3l5 said:
JSeahawks":1m3re3l5 said:
I’ve heard that Haener by far has been the best qb so far. Eason having accuracy issues.

Haener threw a pick six and a two more passes that should have been picked just two practices ago. No QB has been accurate so far in camp which isn't a surprise considering it's spring camp. I would be worried if the QB's were lighting it up.

The tweet never said he was "the best by far" or that Eason was "having accuracy issues"

Just said that Haener was the "more crisp and accurate (14-17) for today"

The rest is an assumed narrative

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Here's the deal, Jacob Eason has had exactly six practices running the Husky offense. Jake Haener has been running the Husky offense for three years. And, like another poster wrote, neither has been particularly accurate so far. But, Haener threw a pick six every other practice to start off spring ball. In his only appearance in a game last year he threw a pick-six that cost us the game against Cal. How anyone can translate that into him being "by far" the best QB so far is beyond me.

Perhaps if you lived in the region, listened to local sport's stations, read local news, maybe even attended a couple of practices, you might be able to make an educated comment but to say that you "heard" without citing a source or at least giving some background to support your opinion. And then get upset because someone called you out for it? Funny.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":3upi0oue said:
I wanted a simple answer.

But this was expected

Lol, but until Coach Petersen selects the #1 QB there really is no simple answer, is there?

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Has Yankoff had any reps yet or is it more likely he would get his chance next year? Especially with Eason and Haener being a little erratic.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Glasgow Seahawk":4l13fw8y said:
Has Yankoff had any reps yet or is it more likely he would get his chance next year? Especially with Eason and Haener being a little erratic.

Yankoff and Sirmon have gotten reps but not many with the 1st team offense. Both have been erratic but good at times. Two very different QB's, it would be hard to evaluate one over the other at this point but if I had to, I would give it to Yankoff.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Jacob Eason looking very sharp with Andre Baccellia making a spectacular one-handed catch off a perfectly thrown Eason pass down the sidelines for a 50-yard completion. DB Cam Williams continues to look very un-freshman and played with the 1's today. Defensive linemen also showing their mettle against a very experienced offensive line.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... -football/

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/c ... 55969.html

A somewhat different perspective from the Dawgman guys: https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... 131420027/

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

DomeHawk":5vn3u9k6 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":5vn3u9k6 said:

Yankoff and Sirmon have gotten reps but not many with the 1st team offense. Both have been erratic but good at times. Two very different QB's, it would be hard to evaluate one over the other at this point but if I had to, I would give it to Yankoff.

And yes, Eason and Haener have been a little erratic but not nearly as much as some have stated here. It is spring practice after all and both have been completing at 60% or better.