Huskies @ USC

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeatownJay":ew2yp3b9 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TedMillerRK/status/652335116010696704[/tweet]

Yeeeeeeep.

Funny thing is, all shit talk aside to the Husky fans, I just knew if there was a Sarky loss on the schedule.. it was definitely tonight. This does not surprise me whatsoever. :lol:

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3c8l1ak4 said:
I can only assume Sark thought he had all his timeouts left when he made the decision to kick the FG?

No doubt that SC team is absolutely loaded and one has to wonder if much like his tenure at Washington where I felt they consistently played under their talent level, if Sark just struggles to put all those talented pieces together.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3a1eau5j said:
Not sure why USC stopped running the ball. Sark seems a bit high strung tonight.

Because Sark is a crappy play caller. I never knew where he is a "great offensive mind" came from, because we rarely saw that while he was here.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1i7njqja said:
Amazing defensive effort tonight. I can't wait to see this team once the offense gets its act together.
Defense was impressive, run D was a bit sloppy at times but I'll take only giving up 12 to SC everytime! :lol:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1d8xboom said:
Amazing.

Nice win Husky fans. You probably cost Sark another job :lol:

You guys should hire don pellum as your next head coach. You did uw a solid. Now give uo a favor.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":30lf1obg said:
Husky fans still want to fire Petersen or nah
I never wanted him gone. Anyone with half a brain in their head knows it takes more than a year to turn around a struggling program.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2v74fpg1 said:
Hasselbeck":2v74fpg1 said:
I never wanted him gone. Anyone with half a brain in their head knows it takes more than a year to turn around a struggling program.

Same. Never wanted him fired, but man there were some major head scratchers last year that made me question him.

drrew

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":36w6eol4 said:
Hasselbeck":36w6eol4 said:

Sark, for all his faults, turned around a struggling program at UW. With the exception of QB and OL, Petersen was left with a reasonably well stocked roster.

Petersen was, and is, a much better coach, but it's not as if he walked into a Ty Willingham roster.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":u2v9bvht said:
JSeahawks":u2v9bvht said:
Not sure why USC stopped running the ball. Sark seems a bit high strung tonight.

Because Sark is a crappy play caller. I never knew where he is a "great offensive mind" came from, because we rarely saw that while he was here.

Helton calls plays though.

I mean Sark probably could override him, but yeah.

Guess I'm going to just openly root against the Eagles every week now (not that I wasn't doing that anyway)

CHIP TO LA! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
P.S. All the fire Bevell people should be afraid, because if Bevell is fired.. I imagine Sark would be on the short list for OC. (if he is indeed let go, and rest assured his seat is RED HOT now)

zifnab32

Reaction score
drrew":31pvlkl3 said:
Sports Hernia":31pvlkl3 said:
Hasselbeck":31pvlkl3 said:

Sark, for all his faults, turned around a struggling program at UW. With the exception of QB and OL, Petersen was left with a reasonably well stocked roster.

Petersen was, and is, a much better coach, but it's not as if he walked into a Ty Willingham roster.

There was no effective WR or RB on the roster
Coach Pete at one point was playing four freshmen and a sophomore in the secondary last year
The state of the OL was a travesty and the QBs were all trash

There was some decent depth at DL and LB and that's about it

Tical21

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":29f3kwu0 said:
SeatownJay":29f3kwu0 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TedMillerRK/status/652335116010696704[/tweet]

Yeeeeeeep.

Funny thing is, all shit talk aside to the Husky fans, I just knew if there was a Sarky loss on the schedule.. it was definitely tonight. This does not surprise me whatsoever. :lol:
You're a damn liar.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am still confused how we won that one.

Every single time 23 or 25 got the ball, they would scamper for at least 8. We could not stop them, I thought they were just going to march up the field into the endzone like some unstoppable force.

1st down after 1st down, then whenever Kessler would drop back to pass I would breathe a sigh of relief because now I knew that not only would that pass not likely be complete, but they would not likely run it anymore.

It was like a banner letting me know the drive would be over shortly.

But one of their backs was averaging something like 7-8 yrds a carry. I don't understand how, in a game that was within a single TD, USC kept going away from something that our defense clearly could not stop.

I am still confused by it. That said, I remember being on the other side as a UW fan of a Sark coached team, wondering why Sark kept doing things that were not working and going away from the very things our team had as strengths. Thank goodness those days are over, though his crew was clearly an amazing group of recruiters.

Tical21

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2n96l83p said:
Yes, absolutely. One win against an overrated team doesn't mean he isn't in way over his head. Some decent redzone playcalling would have ended this game early.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Tical21":14qkx9o9 said:
Hasselbeck":14qkx9o9 said:
Yes, absolutely. One win against an overrated team doesn't mean he isn't in way over his head. Some decent redzone playcalling would have ended this game early.
:roll:

Real fans that actually understand the dynamics of the program would never say he needs to fired right now