Huskies @ Wildcats

jkitsune

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1z8b9huz said:
These refs are corrupt. If they didn't call Defensive pass interference on the 4th and 5 on the other side of the field none of the BS happens. The receiver ran over the defender, I am not sure what he is supposed to do. It had nothing to do with the play as Baker knocked the ball away and the series would have been over.

9 Penalties against UW
0 against Arizona

What a joke. I am so pissed right now.

That was my reaction to the play as well, but if Beaver doesn't grapple with him, that penalty doesn't get called. A smarter play doesn't draw a flag.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
jkitsune":3yey14zr said:
bigtrain21":3yey14zr said:
These refs are corrupt. If they didn't call Defensive pass interference on the 4th and 5 on the other side of the field none of the BS happens. The receiver ran over the defender, I am not sure what he is supposed to do. It had nothing to do with the play as Baker knocked the ball away and the series would have been over.

9 Penalties against UW
0 against Arizona

That was my reaction to the play as well, but if Beaver doesn't grapple with him, that penalty doesn't get called. A smarter play doesn't draw a flag.

That ball was out of the qb's hand before that happened. I just re-watched it. It had nothing to do with the play.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3072q5ie said:

9 Penalties against UW
0 against Arizona

Every penalty on Washington has been deserved.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bigtrain21":15g54qyt said:

9 Penalties against UW
0 against Arizona

9 to zero? Wow, corrupt indeed. Can you say "getting homered"?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
SeatownJay":hrjv7adf said:
bigtrain21":hrjv7adf said:

9 Penalties against UW
0 against Arizona

Every penalty on Washington has been deserved.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Defensive holding in that case was a horrible call. The qb was in the act of throwing to the opposite sideline when contact was initiated and it was initiated within 5 yards. It was initiated by the receiver.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Pete never should have been thinking pts (with Miles) on that last **** up. Disheartening to see this team playing their hearts out only to have the combination of Tanigawa and Miles **** it all up.

Yes Miles has done a few good tings out there today but I wouldn't put his fumbling ass back out there for the 2nd half. I know Pete will, he doesn't want to hurt his QB's "confidence" but IF Miles is confident to begin with, I have no idea why. The kid is a turnover waiting to happen and at least until Zona can shut down the run, we should go with Lindquist, imo.

This would be a pathetic way to lose a football game when all but 2 of our players have clearly dominated across the board. It's sickening.

Christ...now we get ripped off for an obvious fumble recovery??

jkitsune

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2jk2adsi said:
jkitsune":2jk2adsi said:
bigtrain21":2jk2adsi said:

9 Penalties against UW
0 against Arizona

That ball was out of the qb's hand before that happened. I just re-watched it. It had nothing to do with the play.

I'm not saying the call was correct. I'm saying Beaver could've avoided a flag if he didn't grapple with him after contact was initiated.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2ng39nzy said:
Washington would be really good if they didn't have a talentless spastic at quarterback.

I think we'd be top 10 with Price. Homer? Maybe...I have no way of knowing that for sure. But this is an outstanding team with weapons everywhere. Price would be putting up Heisman numbers, IMO.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Great decision by Miles, always relieved when he scrambles instead of throwing it.

jkitsune

Reaction score
What's funny is that Cyler Miles is worse than kearly thought he would be. I thought kearly was insane.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1bda1hab said:
And once again the offense stalls in the red zone.

And thus my obvious frustration (and subsequent venting). Even when Miles moves the ball between the 20s...do you actually feel like he's going to get us in the endzone? Not once have I felt that level of confidence. He's going to take a sack, fumble or just figure out a way to hold us to 3 or keep us off the board.

Seldom do I ever single out any individual player in college football...but this is just wrong to do to the rest of the team. I can only imagine the fence sitting recruits contemplating the possibility of 2 years with Miles at QB, then considering a generous chunk of this D moving on to (much) better things.

HawkWow

Reaction score
jkitsune":3kw97qd1 said:
What's funny is that Cyler Miles is worse than kearly thought he would be. I thought kearly was insane.

I think most saw him for what he is the first time we saw him throw the ball. I posted as much here immediately after. He's a (much) crappier version of Terrell Pryor.

jkitsune

Reaction score
HawkWow":6vp6boyy said:
jkitsune":6vp6boyy said:

I think most saw him for what he is the first time we saw him throw the ball. I posted as much here immediately after. He's a (much) crappier version of Terrell Pryor.

Yeah, kearly wasn't the only one, I just distinctly remember how much he hated Cyler even when Cyler was performing decently as a backup QB to Price. I thought it was overstated, given that Cyler was having decent results.

I was wrong.

HawkWow

Reaction score
He just has that exaggerated throwing motion that screams "I should be arrested for impersonating a QB".