hypothetical Russell holdout (lynch related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":1fu1cwq4 said:
Some 12 fans think he isn't worth 18 million per year. If RW holds out for say 24 million/year there will no doubt be fans calling him greedy. Main difference is he has leverage as another team WILL give him that offer because he is young and the career of a franchise qb is longer. Also franchise qb are most valuable.

The fans that do not think Rw is worth 18 mil are not real fans and do not understand football. As to 24 mil, well if Luck, & Cam or some of the other young guns get their deal done first at 24 mil then that becomes the new number. I mean what if Tannenhill got 22 mil is anyone going to say Rw is not worth more? Of course not, right now it is 18 mil

OP
OP
hawksincebirth

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2ugaq2oj said:
Some 12 fans think he isn't worth 18 million per year. If RW holds out for say 24 million/year there will no doubt be fans calling him greedy. Main difference is he has leverage as another team WILL give him that offer because he is young and the career of a franchise qb is longer. Also franchise qb are most valuable.

So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??

OP
OP
hawksincebirth

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Last I checked beast mode was in his prime. Has missed one game since he has been here. IMHO I think lynch just wants a extra year on his contract.

Cartire

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":7r4the24 said:
So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??

Vote for dumbest thing ever said by anyone ever. Yes the extra ever was necessary here.

Roland. You've been replaced.

Cartire

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":2qpt10wv said:
Last I checked beast mode was in his prime. Has missed one game since he has been here. IMHO I think lynch just wants a extra year on his contract.

Its one thing to think what some one wants and sympathize. But truth is, we have no idea what he wants. So it doesnt matter. Lynch has proven himself. No one doubts that. Both sides right now are assuming terms before knowing whats what. Lets see what happens. When he misses real games, then we can reopen the debate. Lynch has had single digit carries during the last 3 years of preseason. He's held out of most practices. This wont effect the team till it counts.

Your Russell comparison is the stupidest thing ever.

The Radish

Reaction score
Cartire":372x38eu said:
hawksincebirth":372x38eu said:

Vote for dumbest thing ever said by anyone ever. Yes the extra ever was necessary here.

Do we need to say RW is still playing under his rookie contract? And the team can't even talk to him about it until after next season his THIRD!

They could wait until the end of the next year but I'm not seeing that happen.

Also if Lynch was making $600,000 I'm sure they would give him more money in a heartbeat. But he's making over $5 million and due 7-9 million next season.

:141847_bnono:

OP
OP
hawksincebirth

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
The Radish":3cqst98l said:
Cartire":3cqst98l said:
hawksincebirth":3cqst98l said:

Do we need to say RW is still playing under his rookie contract? And the team can't even talk to him about it until after next season his THIRD!

Also if Lynch was making $600,000 I'm sure they would give him more money in a heartbeat. But he's making over $5 million and due 7-9 million next season.

Do I need to explain to you a holes that I said after next year. And this was just hypothetical. Sheeesh. Calm down. This place can get really nasty sometimes

Cartire

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":13dnxs04 said:
The Radish":13dnxs04 said:
Cartire":13dnxs04 said:
hawksincebirth":13dnxs04 said:

Do I need to explain to you a holes that I said after next year. And this was just hypothetical. Sheeesh. Calm down. This place can get really nasty sometimes

What if hawksincebirth had a vagina for a face. I mean, hypothetically, of course.

OP
OP
hawksincebirth

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
And just a side note beast mode is the only top ten rb( salary) that is not locked in until 2017. IMHO again I think this holdout is about years not money

Edit.. I excluded frank gore. He is a 9er and in the downside of his career.

cboom

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":2rad357r said:

If that is the case maybe that is something he should have thought about just 2 short years ago when he happily signed the contract he is under with huge guaranteed money being paid to him in the first 2 years of it. He got paid all the money up front with the clear (and in writing) understanding they could use his services for up to 4 years for the amount of money all parties involved agreed upon.

He is being greedy by what he is doing. He collected all the front loaded money, the Hawks honored that but now he won't honor his end. This is a situation the Hawks can't budge on, maybe there would be reason to look at it if he was underpaid but that is not the case.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":9q1wuz91 said:
And just a side note beast mode is the only top ten rb( salary) that is not locked in until 2017. IMHO again I think this holdout is about years not money

Edit.. I excluded frank gore. He is a 9er and in the downside of his career.

so you think if we took what is left on his current contract and spread it out to cover ill 2017 he would be happy? NO he would not he would want the extra money to go with it ergo it is about money. By the way he is signed for 2 more years so that is 2014-2015, and 2015-2016. All this about 1 more year, yeah no, its about money, specifically guaranteed money either way you look at it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well this thread is done based on the last few posts and it should go to the shack for that discussion to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts