Why I posted a hypothetical poll

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Shane Falco":1fzjyzdy said:
Zebulon Dak":1fzjyzdy said:
Shane Falco":1fzjyzdy said:
Exactly, the same redundancy on both sides.

RW is the starting QB and I'm not responsible for that decision. Sorry if you don't like it but there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Again, Exactly. How many times has that card been played?

That's not a card. It is in fact the way of things.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Shane Falco":jer4s94a said:
Zebulon Dak":jer4s94a said:
RW is the starting QB and I'm not responsible for that decision. Sorry if you don't like it but there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Again, Exactly. How many times has that card been played?

Its the only card we need right now until those questioning the position give us something to think about.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
And FWIW, I am currently a Wilson supporter. I think he has shown some growth these last 2 weeks. I have always liked Wilson and supported him, I wanted them to start Flynn at the start of the season and still feel that way but once they made their bed and as long as Wilson continues to show growth and improvement I'm behind it.

But this conversation was about one side being accused of redundancy when it actuallity it comes from both sides. It truely is more about people not wanting to hear about opinions that don't coincide with their own.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
I don't want a card that is rendered ineffective agains a good defense. We should switch cards

Throwdown

Reaction score
Shane Falco":igd5rwdv said:
And FWIW, I am currently a Wilson supporter. I think he has shown some growth these last 2 weeks. I have always liked Wilson and supported him, I wanted them to start Flynn at the start of the season and still feel that way but once they made their bed and as long as Wilson continues to show growth and improvement I'm behind it.

But this conversation was about one side being accused of redundancy when it actuallity it comes from both sides. It truely is more about people not wanting to hear about opinions that don't coincide with their own.

It is redundant, but the "poor me" stuff is ridiculous, no one out here with pitchforks for anyone with a questioning view

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
seahawksfanatic000":2tmn4ifs said:
I don't want a card that is rendered ineffective agains a good defense. We should switch cards

Well what's stopping you? Write a letter! Make a phone call! Right this terrible injustice!

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1rutr4fd said:
seahawksfanatic000":1rutr4fd said:

Well what's stopping you? Write a letter! Make a phone call! Right this terrible injustice!

Sarcasm is the tool of someone who has run out of things to say .

hoxrox

Reaction score
When Wilson was named the starter, I said I'd give him an 6-8 game grace period. Those first 6 games, he hasn't lived up to expectations but he's shown improvement. And that's the key. His overthrows, underthrows and other fundamentals have improved but still not where it needs to be. He still needs to be able to make multiple reads, and hit his check downs. I like his "go for broke" mentality on each down, but I also like high percentage of completions. His high risk, high reward style is not sustainable and will be easy to scheme and defend against. Yes, the coaches need to put him in better situations also.

Against the 9ers, we knew that he was going to take a step back, but throwing all stats out the window, since stats alone don't tell the whole story, he didn't do anything terrible to lose the starting job at this point either. That was probably one of his better games despite the horrid stats.

For the people arguing that the coaches are all-knowing and how dare fans question their decisions - Charlie Whitehurst debunks your whole argument. Coaches make mistakes too.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Great original post. Read the whole thing and I often give up on long post's.

I have to agree with pretty much every point and the immediate negative responses only solidified my opinion having brought absolutely nothing new to the conversation while repeating the mantra of others saying the same things over and over and over again.

Love Montana bashing your post while admitting he didn't even finish it. Comic gold right there.

I find it funny how some of these posters were bashing Flynn before we even signed him and have obviously stuck to that opinion even though the offense has struggled probably ten times worse than any of them would have ever guessed. There is personal agenda dictating many of their posts.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
No team ever has, or ever should, make franchise-altering decisions based on the possibility that other star players might get injured. That's just not a stable strategy.

Besides, this team is far younger and deeper than 2005's. Hutch and Alexander were never the whole story behind that team's collapse.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
I am a pro wilson guy and i voted for Flynn in that poll. But i still don't think Flynn brings anything more outstanding to the table than wilson. 30th ranked offense? Well only thing that can happen is that they get better. I am not freaking out about to much from the SF game besides the drops. Wilson's INT was pretty much a punt but i still was not happy about throwing it into triple coverage. Probably the worst decision i seen him make. All in all i do believe this offense will hit their stride. I look for the biggest jump to made after the bye week. Go Hawks.

As for being banned. Well i have been banned for telling a Mod in PMs that i didn't really give a shit about his opinion and to quit wasting his time talking to me. But it didn't matter because i went out to sea for 3 weeks the day after that lol.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Wilson gestapo on here is pretty damn funny.

Pretty much agree completely with the post.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The funny part about the poll is there were likely 90% of the 20 that voted for Jackson just voting that way because they suspected the results of the poll would not favor Wilson in some light or another.

At least I hope that is the case because if 20% of .Net really believes that Jackson would have been better then they must think Carroll and Schneider are retarded regarding the QB position. Why else would you commit a minimum of 10 Mill and then trade away (for next to nothing) a guy who gives you a batter chance to win?

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":p59pb5k1 said:
seahawksfanatic000":p59pb5k1 said:

So what is the purpose of this forum then if not to discuss our opinions about the Seahawks? Up to and including if we think the QB you're currently teabagging should be benched? Sorry, but your response is vapid.

RichNHanson":p59pb5k1 said:
I find it funny how some of these posters were bashing Flynn before we even signed him and have obviously stuck to that opinion even though the offense has struggled probably ten times worse than any of them would have ever guessed. There is personal agenda dictating many of their posts.
The irony to me is that I was one of the first and most vocal criticizers of Flynn when we signed him. Said his passes are "Kilmeresque" (loved Billy Kilmer but those were ugly, ugly tosses he made) Said he wasn't all that accurate. And I was really excited about Wilson. Said I thought the kid could be the next Jim Zorn...and I still hope he can. He's got talent.

But while I think Wilson has all the potential in the world to be our QBOTF and I really don't think Flynn will be - but it's possible. He may be every bit as good as he looked vs Detroit - the bottom line for me is that I don't think that Flynn needs as much polish as Wilson does. Wilson has so much more to learn. Making reads is Flynn's strength, even Pete said so. The things Wilson has to learn lead to rookie mistakes and cost games. Flynns shortcomings have nothing to do with his inexperience. If he throws an INT it's because he makes his decisions SO quickly. Flynn would have, IMO, given us the best chance to win right now.

It's just my opinion and that's the whole point of this forum isn't it? A lot of people are going to be expressing their displeasure at Wilson if he doesn't get this offense clicking and it would be wise for the Wilson supporters to have a thick skin about it and not attack everyone expressing their opinion around here.

You Wilson supporters want an argument that is respectful and can silence pro Flynn players? So you don't have to be so rude all the time? Here you go:

Wilson HAS done enough to get us to 6-1, maybe even 7-0. If Braylon doesn't drop a pass he should have easily made, we beat Arizona. If the refs see Pete calling timeout and the Rams don't get that fake FG play off, we're driving for a FG at the end of the game and maybe we win that one. If Turbin catches a ball laid right into his hands we beat the niners.

We SHOULD be at least 6-1, 2-1 in the division and none of that is Wilson's fault.

See? A reasonable argument that is better than "suck rocks" or banning a guy.

Personally, it's too late to start Flynn now, we're all in on Wilson, but I think we would have had a more efficient offense with Flynn. That's my opinion and it's the opinion of a lot of people. I don't see why Wilson supporters get so butt hurt over it. We made it to 4-3 with Wilson and we should have been 6-1. So the kid will probably lead us to 6-3 the rest of the way, now that the worst of it is over, we end up 10-6 and make the playoffs. All's well that ends well. The Wilson Gestapo should just chill and enjoy.