Why I posted a hypothetical poll

12thMode

Reaction score
Before the pre season my opinion was to at least start Flynn for a year and let Wilson soak it in from the bench. Well, that's not what PC and Co. decided to do, they decided that Wilson "won" the starting QB position (Why PC says that it still a competition is beyond my comprehension). Am I happy with their decision? I don't really know, I am not them and I don't know what they know. Do I wish that they would have rolled with Flynn for a year, yes! All of this wasn't even the question until we picked up Wilson in the draft and PC declared it a competition between 3 qbs. Before Wilson, I think the majority of us were excited to pick up Flynn and there wasn't really a debate who should start, Flynn or TJack!? Seems like most of us were all in on Flynn. Wilson came in and impressed the coaches and the majority of the fans. Now that Wilson is our starting QB and when the team loses, there are those that point the finger at Wilson and say "we should have started Flynn" or "bench Wilson and start Flynn". Would it have been the same comments if We lost with Flynn as our starter, "We should bench Flynn and start RW."? Probably!

I don't think Flynn would have got us to 4-3 with this O-Line. Wilson has kept plays going when under pressure, whether it be with his legs or just getting away enough to throw the ball away instead of losing yard with a sack. With the way our O-Line is suspect at times, I do not feel that Flynn would have been as successful, but that is not a fact it is just what I believe. As far as the Niners game, If the receiver wouldn't have dropped passes, and some of those passes couldn't have been more perfectly thrown/placed, I am sure we would have won that game and this OP would not have even started...well at least until the next Seahawk loss. Last thoughts: I am still not comfortable with the fact that we started Wilson over Flynn, but I WILL support my coach and my team with their decision and HOPE for the best possible outcome of the season.

Cheers to all! Go Hawks! ;)

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
I haven't even been able to watch this game yet due to out of town work so no real RW v Flynn notes to apply here. will be catching this soon.

I'm with the minority who felt Flynn do a year while RW took time to work his game with tjia hawks org (just seemed like the natural route really with a rook).

Last game was his breakout best (imo) finally, sounds as if this one is going to be depressing to watch. man I wanted a W over the 9rs.

This loss is why I and many felt the AZ/STL losses were so crucial. Those were winnable I feel.

well they come to our house soon, little paybacks in order at least

-The Glove-

Reaction score
If balls weren't dropped, we wouldn't even have this thread. After NE, most people accepted Wilson as the starting QB for the rest of the season. We face probably the best defense and have multiple key drops, and the calls for Wilson's head begins again.

I was a Flynn supporter all throughout the offseason and preseason, but Wilson's shown me that he's a very capable starting QB. You say he needs more polishing than Flynn, but there's no way you could know that. The way he studies and strives to get better makes me confident, we won't have to wait too long to see consistent success. If you ask me, Flynn might learn a thing or two about how the kid prepares.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
So a setup poll and then an additional thread just to say, "Quit being mean to me, goshdarnit!"

Outstanding.

If you want to know why you tend to get some vitriolic reactions when you post your hundredth "Flynn is so dreamy and tons better than Wilson" thread of the day, this is why:

Your posts on the QB situation are intellectually dishonest. You base your arguments on false premises and then support them with logical fallacies. And then when people point out those fallacies, you ignore those posts and continue asking, "Why won't people address these points?!"

Let's start with your favorite approach. You like to argue that Flynn should be starting because he clearly beat out Jackson in training camp/preseason, and Wilson hasn't represented an improvement over Jackson. Ergo, in your world, that means Flynn is better than Wilson.

You argument that Wilson isn't an improvement over Jackson was based - at least 5 games in - on the idea that Jackson threw for 60 more yards per game than Wilson on average, and you somehow equated those 60 more yards with being a better or more capable QB. When it was pointed out to you that Jackson had many, many more attempts (10 more per game on average) and that the Seahawks had gone to a no-huddle offense early in the 2011 season, you ignored it. In fact, you instead turned it around as an excuse for Jackson, suggesting that he had a harder task in putting up those extra yards because he had no running game (rather than acknowledging that there was no run game precisely BECAUSE the team was going pass-happy).

It's no surprise that you've abandoned that particular approach since Wilson threw for 293 against the Patriots, now claiming that Jackson and Wilson are essentially on par. But even that claim isn't based in reality. It doesn't account for what the coaches are asking Wilson to do. It doesn't account for the quality of opponents.

"But I'm not talking about comparing those two QBs!" you say. You say, instead, that your point is about the treatment of Flynn supporters. But what you fail to note is that the treatment that you've seen in response to your posts, at least, has been in response to your repeated comparisons between Wilson and Jackson. I don't have anything against you, and I don't have anything against someone who thinks Flynn would play better than Wilson (even though I think they'd be wrong). What I do have an issue with is the specious arguments you've continued to make.

hawker84

Reaction score
i knew there was a reason i joined and enjoy reading these forum threads... good points from both sides.. what may or may not have already been said in here is, comparing wilsons stats the TJacks up to this point in fantasy land is one thing, they're there in black and white to look at, from what i understand they're similar... but in the real world there are too many intangibles to base a realistic arguement..

1.. already stated - TJack had far more pass attempts
2.. a known fact and even admitted by the coach, they have restricted wilsons playbook to move him along slowly, so of course his completions are down, so are his attempts.
3. we have a real running game , nuf said
4...dropped passes, penalties, missed opportunities has killed wilsons stats, and i mean killed..

has he made mistakes, yes, will he continue to make mistakes yes, every QB in the league makes mistakes , bad reads, poor throws every game, manning's , brady, rogers, they all do...

hawker84

Reaction score
bottom line, is wilson is our starter, the coaches have bet the future on him, as a rookie he needs time to learn and become confident in the current system... the more we go along, the more the playbook gets open, the more opportunities he's going to have to make plays, the more our offense comes to life...

while i respect the opinions of the Flynn supporters, this arguement needs to come to a hault, get on board with our starting QB and let's talk about how he can improve, and what the coaching staff needs to do to see that he does.. this is wasted energy at this point, nothing is going to change any time soon... we understand you think Flynn gives us a better chance.. doesn't matter , wilson's our starter....

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2fd3d5rz said:
Shane Falco":2fd3d5rz said:
Zebulon Dak":2fd3d5rz said:
RW is the starting QB and I'm not responsible for that decision. Sorry if you don't like it but there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Again, Exactly. How many times has that card been played?

That's not a card. It is in fact the way of things.

The "he is the starter" line is stale. Okay, and the coach decided to run a fade route in the red zone when we were running for 7 yards a pop. Coming here and bitching that we should have ran has no bearing on what the coach was doing. Thus by your line of logic, it is the coach's decision, you have no influence on it and thus you shouldn't be posting here. Does this make sense?

This is a forum where people "can" voice their displeasure. I'm not solidly in one camp or the other, just pointing out the flawed logic.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
hawker84":3tctpwig said:
bottom line, is wilson is our starter, the coaches have bet the future on him, as a rookie he needs time to learn and become confident in the current system... the more we go along, the more the playbook gets open, the more opportunities he's going to have to make plays, the more our offense comes to life...

while i respect the opinions of the Flynn supporters, this arguement needs to come to a hault, get on board with our starting QB and let's talk about how he can improve, and what the coaching staff needs to do to see that he does.. this is wasted energy at this point, nothing is going to change any time soon... we understand you think Flynn gives us a better chance.. doesn't matter , wilson's our starter....

based on the this logic that you have no influence on what the coaches do, why "should" anyone debate anything if we have no bearing (which we don't)?

Apart from booing or not booing at the games, this forum contributes zero to what the coaches do. Thus, why does it even exist? The answer is so people can talk seahawks, blow off steam, question calls and meet up and discuss what the coaches should and shouldn't do while understanding that it won't change anything.

That said, I understand that the Flynnites have already stated their point, but that doesn't mean they can't talk about 20 yards in a half.

hawker84

Reaction score
this 20 yrds in a half crap does not represent reality, it's just a useless stat that doesn't depict what actually happend on the playing field.. so tired of hearing about this 20 yrds sh*t.... like that has nothing to do with the play calling.. if wilson attempted 10 12 passes and missed his target and only got 20 yrds , then we could talk, but that was not the case... go back and watch the game, and you'll see why he only passed for 20 yrds. next topic