I believe all games went our way today.

Atradees

Reaction score
Pete Carroll, the only one to keep his Spartan reserve.....

[youtube]0LNTECqi0Ms[/youtube]

toffee

Reaction score
johnnyfever":s02p3btw said:
Panthers-L
Viks-L
Atl-L
Skins-L
Eagles-L

We win next week and we are looking real good. If we also get another gift week where all our comps for wildcard crap the bed, and we start to look super good.

Don't get me wrong, we still have 3 tough games, but after I watched the viks and panthers play today I'm not near as Skrrrrd.

We can do this. I would Looooooove to see the rams in the playoffs. Third time is the charm.

Panthers-L
Viks-L
Atl-L
Skins-L
Eagles-L
Greenbay-L

Seattle-W

We helped ourselves.

sutz

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2eix7l8y said:
Given the rough start we had and tempered expectations entering the season, the fact we have a serious chance now is beyond exciting. If we beat Carolina, that path is wider and there for the taking.

You have to really hand it to Pete in that he almost always has his teams peaking late and completely reformed from earlier struggles. I'm betting he can do it again here.
Funny how that works out, eh? That's why I pay no attention to the debbie downers when they start whining in September about our 'slow start' to the season. You'd think they'd know better by now.

:229031_shrug:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wait Sutz, are you saying that it's a 16 game season and that things can change as the season progresses?
Mind....blown :2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2i2hlqvv said:
Wait Sutz, are you saying that it's a 16 game season and that things can change as the season progresses?
Mind....blown :2thumbs:
I know it's a difficult concept to grasp. :laugh: :rofl:

Elemas

Reaction score
The skins playoff hopes took a big hit this past weekend.

Juat hoping we can beat the Panthers and Vikes. The NFC has been crazy this year!!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1c3awas9 said:
All the games went our way, that is true. The ball is solidly in our court, and we control our own destiny.

But for us to win out, we'll need our Defense to step up with more consistency. We can certainly score points, and command the clock with the running game. But if we can't stop offenses like the Rams, Chiefs, Chargers and Saints, we could be one-and-done when and if we make it to the playoffs since two of these offenses are NFC.

I know I should care about that (and really I do, SuperBowl is always the goal of course) but if this team can make the playoffs this year, all things considered, I won't be as crushed as I usually am with a playoff loss.

Of course I say that now, but come January I will probably get greedy 8)

RCATES

Reaction score
I'm 100% it takes 10-6 to get in. Minnesota is likely going to finish 9-6-1. For me a loss to Carolina on Sunday would be a huge setback for us getting in.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1lsavkg1 said:
Ad Hawk":1lsavkg1 said:
All the games went our way, that is true. The ball is solidly in our court, and we control our own destiny.

But for us to win out, we'll need our Defense to step up with more consistency. We can certainly score points, and command the clock with the running game. But if we can't stop offenses like the Rams, Chiefs, Chargers and Saints, we could be one-and-done when and if we make it to the playoffs since two of these offenses are NFC.

I know I should care about that (and really I do, SuperBowl is always the goal of course) but if this team can make the playoffs this year, all things considered, I won't be as crushed as I usually am with a playoff loss.

Of course I say that now, but come January I will probably get greedy 8)

I think Super Bowl is always the hope. I view goals as something that is a challenge to attain but not terribly unlikely. Getting to a SuperBowl takes way too much good fortune to be realistically obtainable season after season. But making the playoffs, winning your division, dominating at home. Those are goals that most teams can reasonably achieve if they do things right all season long.

Thus far the division is out of reach and we need to win more home games but making the playoffs is one of the remaining obtainable season goals.

sutz

Reaction score
One thing's for sure. We probably used up our allotment of good luck for the season. Not likely it will happen again that every team ahead of us in the hunt will lose on the same weekend. We may not have to win out, but it's close. And if we do lose, who we lose to could be important, starting this week in Carolina.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Something else that helps massively is KC kicking everybody's ass. That suddenly becomes a winnable game if they're resting starters for the playoffs because their AFC seed is locked in. Shit, with this team any game is a winnable game, any time, any place. And I too would LOVE to see Rams for third time.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Panthers would be a sweet steal. Vikes at home should favor the Hawks, esp if da Bears continue their heat and the Vikings lose to GB and the Pats in the next two weeks. They would be de-fla-ted. Cards and Niners are no gimmes, but...they're neither good. And yeah, the Chiefs might be coasting at that point. It all looks pretty promising on paper, but then this is the NFL.

Wild card baby!