I expect a closer game against SF

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":34na87du said:
bigskydoc":34na87du said:
If the Niners try to run Kaep, it will turn out like the second half of the NFCCG. During those two quarters, I think we pretty much published the blueprint for stopping him. Teams that have duplicated our efforts have had good success.

I think it will be pretty similar in score to the Thanksgiving game. If anything, it will be closer, but I still think it will be a 10-17 point game.

- bsd

Only reason Kap was able to bust out those long runs in the 1st half of the NFCCG was because he broke tendency, and ran right. Seattle had shaded all their LB's and spies left.

Lesson learned...
They also used motion and their diamond formation to get numbers on that right side.
I want to think the game will be close, it's my nature. But I just can't see how Kaepernick has any cards left to deal.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The Seahawks will come out with the baddest attitude we've seen in a long time and ready to completely shut them up and down, indefinitly. :thfight7:

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3pmbe550 said:
pehawk":3pmbe550 said:
bigskydoc":3pmbe550 said:
If the Niners try to run Kaep, it will turn out like the second half of the NFCCG. During those two quarters, I think we pretty much published the blueprint for stopping him. Teams that have duplicated our efforts have had good success.

I think it will be pretty similar in score to the Thanksgiving game. If anything, it will be closer, but I still think it will be a 10-17 point game.

- bsd

Only reason Kap was able to bust out those long runs in the 1st half of the NFCCG was because he broke tendency, and ran right. Seattle had shaded all their LB's and spies left.

Lesson learned...
They also used motion and their diamond formation to get numbers on that right side.
I want to think the game will be close, it's my nature. But I just can't see how Kaepernick has any cards left to deal.

Yeah, look at Kap's first big run in that game, the possession after Wilson's fumble. The Seahawks literally have all 3 of its LB's engaging blockers on the left side. That's the only reason any running QB has made hay against Pete.

Worry about Kap's arm strength if anything. If you must worry about something.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Aros":sxnbrwc6 said:
It may not be a blow out per se, but I don't expect our BP to be high anytime after the half.

This is what I figure. Maybe some sort of 13-point win where it feels weird afterward that our margin wasn't bigger.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't expect a closer game at all. The Ninnies offense is flat out pathetic right now.
The only way this game is even within 2 TD's is if it's self inflicted (see Ryan's drop snap on punt last week for exhibit A).

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
I fell lime we as a collective group, are overconfident. That's usually when we stub our toe and lose a game we shouldnt, plus they for sure have been thinking about this game since thanksgiving. No doubt the whole turkey at the 50 thing is focal in their minds. If Harbaugh has a shred of coaching left in him he'd have papered the walls with photos of Sherman and Wilson walking off the field holding turkey...

It just feels like a trap, things started to gel for us over the last three games, and we are rolling. But I look ahead and see three division games left on the schedule and know that the niners would LOVE a win here, even if their season is over. I know that the Tards are fighting for their crown and to keep from being caught from behind by us. And then there's the Lambs. That team scares the hell out of me every game. I have nightmares of Robert Quinn dancing in the backfield over a crumpled Wilson.

I hope to Paul Allen that we start hot and push their faces into the dirt and break their collective will so that there's never even a question. This would be a great time for a buffalo bills style ass-whipping.

GO HAWKS

irocdave

Reaction score
I think this game will be closer than expected also. The niners as a team are at a tipping point, lose and there playoff hopes are all but done, lose big and every player as well as the coaching staff become expendable. There's no way Harbuagh keeps his job if they lose. They are teetering on the cliff and the hawks can nudge them over it. Guess my opinion is based off of watching the hawks in these same type of pressure packed games over the last 3 decades.

The niners will come out with a fire under their ass. It will take the first half to stomp that out. They wont go quietly, but they will go. The difference between wins and loss's in the NFL usually comes down to a couple of plays. Those couple plays equal 14 points. Being up by 14 in the first half would probably break the niners moral. If they are close or ahead who knows.

I hope it's a blowout, maybe then niner fans would consider the hawks a "rival" :sarcasm_off:

Some body needs to make a karma emoticon.

rideaducati

Reaction score
This game will be closer for all of you living near Seattle...it is a home game after all.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The Niners will give it all they have. Beating the Seahawks and damaging our playoff chances is basically their Super Bowl now (damn it sounded good to say that). But if the Hawks show up the same way they have in recent weeks, should be a victory

OrFan

Reaction score
That team has given up on their coach.....and themselves.

Nuff said.

evergreen

Reaction score
It is a trap game but it's the Niners. How can we not be up for that? But we're all thinking ahead...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawkscrazy":2tx0k84q said:
I fell lime we as a collective group, are overconfident. That's usually when we stub our toe and lose a game we shouldnt, plus they for sure have been thinking about this game since thanksgiving. No doubt the whole turkey at the 50 thing is focal in their minds. If Harbaugh has a shred of coaching left in him he'd have papered the walls with photos of Sherman and Wilson walking off the field holding turkey...

It just feels like a trap, things started to gel for us over the last three games, and we are rolling. But I look ahead and see three division games left on the schedule and know that the niners would LOVE a win here, even if their season is over. I know that the Tards are fighting for their crown and to keep from being caught from behind by us. And then there's the Lambs. That team scares the hell out of me every game. I have nightmares of Robert Quinn dancing in the backfield over a crumpled Wilson.

I hope to Paul Allen that we start hot and push their faces into the dirt and break their collective will so that there's never even a question. This would be a great time for a buffalo bills style ass-whipping.

GO HAWKS
Ughhhh, No offense but I hate these type of posts. "We" are not playing in the game.
Either you are trolling or you need to relax. A little to much "we" and negativity is setting my troldar off.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, nothing worse than someone telling you "we can't get too cocky" blah blah blah.
WE don't play for the team.
We're all thinking ahead??? Speak for yourself, I'm only thinking of the Santa Clara game.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Well to some extent it does help the Seahawks if those of us who will be at the game do not assume it will be a blowout. CLink noise is only ever truly loud when the crowd thinks it needs to be loud. Obviously it helps that this is the 49ers and the crowd will be up for it regardless, but it could still be quieter than normal for a division game if everybody thinks we're going to tee off on them all day. Think first half Cowboys game vs. second half Broncos game.

Mick063

Reaction score
You gotta be kidding me.

The Seattle passing game is getting better by the week. The new tight end knows the playbook now and has a larger catch radius than Willson. The rookie receivers are getting on top of the learning curve and are actually involved in the offense now. Russell has elevated his game. The defense is stuffing the run. Lynch has already proven he can run over and through their back up linebackers. The offensive line is pass protecting now better than at any point in the season. The secondary is the healthiest it has collectively been all season. Wagner is playing the best football of his short career. Carroll has the team mentally in championship mode. The team is built to beat San Francisco. The game is at the Clink.

It is going to be a blow out.

original poster

Reaction score
I agree it'll be a blowout, I don't think they will put any points on the board at all, and if they do it will be through a mistake we make, not by their plays.

31-0.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I don't know how it's going to go, but it's going to be entertaining. The digits have been utterly demoralized, and there doesn't seem to be any leadership to pull their heads out. Harbaugh? I don't think so. Kap? I doubt it. Justin Smith? Anquan Boldin? Maybe, but both of those guys seem to have one foot out the door already.

I agree with a previous poster, I think they might start out hot, but they'll fizzle before the first half is over.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I expect to get their best shot. Hopefully hawks will respond in kind.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1krqlset said:
I expect to get their best shot. Hopefully hawks will respond in kind.

The media has been bagging on Harbaugh, Kapernick and the team in general lately. They will show up very focused and angry. I expect a slugfest for most of the game.