I expect a closer game against SF

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Aros":1uben0oq said:
It may not be a blow out per se, but I don't expect our BP to be high anytime after the half.

I completely agree Todd. As we all know, final scores can be so misleading in so many ways. I predicted 38-10 in the Fearless Prediction thread ... but I don't expect most of the points to really start coming until late in the 3rd or early 4th quarter though. I expect the game to be fairly close early, as the Niners are going to come out as fired up as they can be ... but offensive futility on the Niners part is going to lead to fatigue setting in for their defense eventually. That's how I see this one playing out.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Kap's future is on the line. I expect him to come in and try to run wild against us.

Still, if we show up and play Seahawk's football we'll win something like 27-13.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Unless we make stupid turnovers, I don't see it being close at the end. if we get up on them early we will roll them.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
When I first started looking at this game for my blog I wanted to keep a close prediction.

The more I looked at it, the less that seemed realistic. Seattle is just a better team. The 49ers may not be saying it but they know this season is done. They haven't played well for two months and are 3-4 in that time span beating a few crappy teams by a combined 13 points. The 12's are going to be insane and revitalized Sunday; I expect the loudest crowd since the GB game to open the season. 12's are educated fans who know what's at stake and are dreaming about some home playoff games.

The strength of the 49ers has been their LB's but the young guys they are having to play are starting to show their inexperience, and Aldon Smith hasn't been himself. Vernon Davis is a chancellor highlight waiting to happen but he's not even catching the football this year. 25 catches total.

This game will be close for a while, that's the Seahawks way with good opponents, and I caution anyone saying the 49ers are a "bad" team. But it'll break open late. Kaep is a turnover machine in Seattle when the pressure is on. My prediction was 30-16, but that means I'm saying SF will score 4 times and I dunno if that will happen. 17 is about their limit against seattle.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":35hbymf3 said:
I agree. They also say to watch out for a wounded animal because they can be dangerous. Right now they are they are like a wounded dog. Be very careful in your approach before putting em down!
Yeah, but more often than not, you can just keep on kicking a wounded dog endlessly with no repercussions. Only once in a while do you really get bitten by one. :D

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kearly":1xdu4j78 said:
I don't expect a blowout, I think the 49ers will be focused after getting embarrassed last week.

Their offense will be miserable though. Another 3 point outing would hardly be a stunner.
Agreed. In Aros prediction thread I gave them 10 just because I think they'll come out playing for pride. But that offense isn't going to rack up a lot of points on us.

zhawk

Reaction score
after the green bay loss, I truly am expecting hawks to stomp a mudhole in the niners. everything is in their hands and i'm sure emotions are high. :49ersmall:

OP
OP
K

kmedic

Reaction score
If they hadn't lost all their RB's and LB's I think it would have even been closer. I couldn't believe some of the veteran members here thinking we were gonna blow out the 49ers today.

Watch out guys, next week's game will even be tougher. We have to be better on offense than today to have a chance of winning in Arizona. They know what's at stake, they will bring everything and then some to pull out the win, especially since they are down to their 3rd string QB. My feeling is that it will come down to the last few minutes. If we are down I think we lose; if we are up I think our defense will hold. It's the game of the season guys! For the #1 seed and homefield!!

grizbob

Reaction score
kmedic":36nrum7l said:
If they hadn't lost all their RB's and LB's I think it would have even been closer. I couldn't believe some of the veteran members here thinking we were gonna blow out the 49ers today.

Watch out guys, next week's game will even be tougher. We have to be better on offense than today to have a chance of winning in Arizona. They know what's at stake, they will bring everything and then some to pull out the win, especially since they are down to their 3rd string QB. My feeling is that it will come down to the last few minutes. If we are down I think we lose; if we are up I think our defense will hold. It's the game of the season guys! For the #1 seed and homefield!!

If you don't mind, I'm going to bask in today's victory before worrying about next week, Mr. Buzzkill :thfight7: