I gurantee an onside kick

amill87

Reaction score
I believe Payton knows the Hawks are the better team. I fully except a surprise onside kick, especially with Harvin back there. There's a chance Harvin takes it just as far even if we recover the onside. Hopefully our coaches are planning for this.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see a trick play or two. Flea flicker or fake punt. The Saints reek of desperation and will need something like that to get ahead

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I hope they do. There are plenty of indicators that Pete was well prepared for some trickery from the Rams that never materialized. Because we were ready.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I hope they do try some shananigans. When the Hawks slam the door on it the Saints will fully realize resistance is futile! I'm sure Pete has our boys focused in and ready for the unexpected!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3gbj5fbz said:
I hope they do. There are plenty of indicators that Pete was well prepared for some trickery from the Rams that never materialized. Because we were ready.

It wouldn't surprise me if the kick team has an automatic onside if we give them a certain look. But like you said, I doubt we give it. Protect the onside and let our athletes return, if we get the chance. Setting up returns is almost pointless in the NFL anymore.

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
amill87":2dnrje0t said:
I believe Payton knows the Hawks are the better team. I fully except a surprise onside kick, especially with Harvin back there. There's a chance Harvin takes it just as far even if we recover the onside. Hopefully our coaches are planning for this.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see a trick play or two. Flea flicker or fake punt. The Saints reek of desperation and will need something like that to get ahead

I'm pretty sure Payton doesn't think the Seahawks are more talented.....

SaintsGuy

Reaction score
Watch for the double/triple reverse, we've run it almost every game this season for around -2 yards per attempt.
Including one time to our 3rd string tight end on a critical 4th and 1 against the Jets.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SaintsGuy":1lkgretk said:
Watch for the double/triple reverse, we've run it almost every game this season for around -2 yards per attempt.
Including one time to our 3rd string tight end on a critical 4th and 1 against the Jets.
I noticed.
Honestly, I think that play or something like it is a test play you use to see how the other team reacts to lateral misdirection. So much of of your screen game is about misdirection that I can see Payton using a test play to see what he can call later.

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
Krodwhodat":28rpv48n said:
amill87":28rpv48n said:

Why all the focus on changing things this week? If you believe your team is more talented, just do your thing and you will win. Payton is acting like doing their thing isn't enough so they need all this extra stuff.

TheWallE

Reaction score
amill87":2mlv45ih said:
Krodwhodat":2mlv45ih said:
amill87":2mlv45ih said:

Why all the focus on changing things this week? If you believe your team is more talented, just do your thing and you will win. Payton is acting like doing their thing isn't enough so they need all this extra stuff.

He did a lot of that changing things stuff last week too... do you think Sean Payton thinks the Eagles are more talented too?

2_0_6

Reaction score
I remember he had his kicker keep the ball away from Leon the last time they were here for a playoff game.

He had two options:

Kick it to one of the most dangerous returners who is angry & hungry
or
give us the ball with great field position.

mrinsatiable

Reaction score
only if they''re desperate...but then again..tampa bay had nothing to lose and they pull a lot of trick plays against us that was successful..watch out!!