I have a crazy question for you

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
You always try to win as many games as you can, go as far as you can and win if possible. Nobody ever tries to lose no matter how dire the straights. That said of course your team is more vulnerable to a loss with lots of injures. Just as it is for any team with major injuries. Usually you just go as far as you can and the football will sort itself out. If you cannot advance past a certain round because of injuries and other things that will be so and be apparent. If you do advance that far you probably belong in that game.

Nobody wants to lose the Super Bowl. It's very painful. You have been to 2. You won one and lost one. I know how it feels as a 49ers fan. Winning that game is awesome. Just incredible. Losing the Super Bowl is far, far worse than losing the NFC Championship game. It's the deepest depths. To be oh so close and not be able to finish it off is terribly painful.

All that said I still think a playoff season and a deep playoff run is more fun. After years and years of being down the 49ers finally got Jim Harbaugh. While he didn't win the big one those were honestly exciting years for a fan. We were like 4 - 12, 5 - 11 for years before getting him. So getting to the NFC Championship game several times and the Super Bowl once was actually exciting for a fan. We lost some of those NFC Championship games (painful) and the Super Bowl (very, very painful). Still I think the run was fun and it was a lot more exciting than being 4 - 12. You had something to look forward to every year and the deep playoff runs were exciting. Do I feel bad about losing some of those deep playoff runs? Yeah of course. Still it was more excitement than being 4 - 12 and picking top 5 in the draft. You have nothing to look forward to all year long with that except the draft. You just write off the whole year. So keep it in perspective. Playoffs and deep playoff runs are not always guaranteed. Players get older, get hurt, get traded, you lose them free agency, coaches move on. Even great organizations are not guaranteed this every year.

So just keep it in perspective and enjoy the ride as far as it goes for as long as it goes. I always had fun with playoff runs.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just ask the Jets how they felt after they won, The Colts were favored going away yet Namath led them to a victory that is still being talked about.

You don't have those moments if your not in the game.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
In response to your question let me pose a question back at you. If you are hoping the seahawks don't make the superbowl by definition you are rooting for them to lose one of the next two possible games.

So let me ask you this, will you be actively rooting against them this week and for the packers to win? Or will you be rooting for them to win this week and lose next week to the 49ers or vikings? This week will you be cheering when Rodgers scores a TD? Because seems to me that if you hope the Packers win and knock us out you should be excited when the Packers make positive plays.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I don't want to try and accomplish anything because I am afraid I may fail it.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I'll take your "Losing a Super Bowl is one of the worst feelings and it could affect this young team's psyche moving forward" and raise you a "Winning three straight playoff games and hoisting an NFC Championship banner will affect this young team's psyche moving forward, win or lose the last one."

Remember 2012? Remember how close we got to the NFC Championship game and how disappointing it was? Remember what the team did the next year? I do.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Fam, with all due respect, you are buggin'.

IF we're good/blessed enough to actually make it to the final possible game of the season, aka THE SUPER BOWL, then whatever happens is what it is.
Look at it this way; we end up in the Big game down in Miami and the team we play somehow loses their QB due to a food allergy or the flu or any of a million different reasons. Would you not take that win?
Or, even if we lose, NFC Champions certainly has a nice ring to it!

Yeah, I can't rock with you on this one. Might as well not have even made it to the playoffs then I guess.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We get there ...We have a shot to win!
Sick of all this scared talk..
Fear nobody..
A loss is a loss no matter how you want it.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
There was a time (not so long ago) when I was nearly perfect predicting wins and losses. This season we've won games I thought we'd lose but we've lost others we should have won. 7-1 on the road, 4-4 at home. Going into these rebuilding years my expectations were low. Just how much better RW has made us than we really are is the question.

The beast lives on and RW, Wright, Wagner, Lockett and Metcalf have had an impressive year. I want to believe it could be enough. Hell the pats and saints are out. I don't doubt we can take the NFC and I always seem to over estimate AFC teams strength. It would suck to get blown out in a SB but these guys won't go down without a fight.

xray

Reaction score
I don't mind the Hawks losing a SB ; as long as it's not caused by bad clock management or infuriating play calls .

Reaneypark

Reaction score
morgulon1":19pm1124 said:
Please understand before anyone questions my level of love for the Seattle Seahawks , I been a diehard since the late 70s ( about 40 years )

I see some real positives. Metcalf , RW ( top qb in the NFL )Lockett and a mentality of people stepping in
and playing hard when given the chance. Most teams aren't 11-5 , no matter how you get there. We have beenv
Blessed the last 10 years believe me.

Some negatives imho . injuries injuries and you got it injuries.
5th 6th string RB, Replacment TE , LT, center, IFREDO !!
And the defense is banged up and seems a little slower to my untrained
And unpaid eye. Hey Im just a fan.

After all that my question is:

Do you want the Seahawks to go to the Super bowl?

I am kind of on the side of no because I dont want to go and lose. Losing a superbowl is one of the worst feelings
and it could affect this young teams psyche moving foward. I dont want to be the Buffalo Bills of the 2020s, I want
To be top strength , healthy and capable . I just dont think these guys are ready.
We need to upgrade a couple of spots on defense, maybe shore up the offensive line and have a healthy RB corp .

What do my fellow 12s think?

What? You win a conference championship when you go to the Super Bowl. That is something that 15 other teams are trying to do. You get to hang the conference championship banner in your stadium forever. Of course you want to win that! No question! And frankly, if this team, with these injuries, does that by winning three road playoff games, I will forever look back on this season with fondness even if we get waxed in the Super Bowl.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
xray":33ms0ghf said:
I don't mind the Hawks losing a SB ; as long as it's not caused by bad clock management or infuriating play calls .

That will happen. I hope we win in spite of it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Of course they have to make it to try to win....All is not lost.

But...I was thinking on something selfishly. Ya see...I am going to go watch the Golf tournament in Phoenix that weekend. I am planning on Wed Thu Friday flying back home Sat. What if by some chance one of the golfers lose their caddy and need one and asks me? What do I do, say no? Sorry, I dont want your money and need to go home so I can watch the SB. They say, I can take care of that and you will be with some guys here for the game. You will enjoy it...and we will take care of your flight back....So I say ok...and miss the game. Ya see my quandry here??

Na, that aint happning. So Go hawks to the end and try to win it all.

The experience will make them work much harder next year. Remember when RW went to the SB after losing the previous year just for the experience? Them kids will learn that first hand. They will be ready for it the following year.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Keep in mind the 'unbeatable Raven's have to play 2 games to advance to the SB.
This is the NFL... Any given Sunday!
Are you afraid of the rest of the AFC field; or just the Ravens?
Go Hawks!

Erebus

Reaction score
Yes, because here’s how I see it. Obviously winning the Super Bowl is the ultimate goal, but there isn’t one winner and 31 equal losers. There are different levels of success in the NFL. Winning the division is a nice accomplishment, commemorated forever with a banner. Winning the conference is significantly better, and comes with a banner and a ring.

And as others have said, as long as you make it to the big dance, anything can happen. The 2007 Giants should’ve been destroyed in the Super Bowl, but still somehow won. I’ll take that slight chance of victory over no chance at all.

BASF

Reaction score
Absolutely yes. There is this discount of Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll and this team that they only won early in Wilson's career because we had one of the best defenses football had ever seen. If we make the Super Bowl, that lack of respect finally disappears.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
morgulon1":25zc6o9j said:
Please understand before anyone questions my level of love for the Seattle Seahawks , I been a diehard since the late 70s ( about 40 years )

I see some real positives. Metcalf , RW ( top qb in the NFL )Lockett and a mentality of people stepping in
and playing hard when given the chance. Most teams aren't 11-5 , no matter how you get there. We have beenv
Blessed the last 10 years believe me.

Some negatives imho . injuries injuries and you got it injuries.
5th 6th string RB, Replacment TE , LT, center, IFREDO !!
And the defense is banged up and seems a little slower to my untrained
And unpaid eye. Hey Im just a fan.

After all that my question is:

Do you want the Seahawks to go to the Super bowl?

I am kind of on the side of no because I dont want to go and lose. Losing a superbowl is one of the worst feelings
and it could affect this young teams psyche moving foward. I dont want to be the Buffalo Bills of the 2020s, I want
To be top strength , healthy and capable . I just dont think these guys are ready.
We need to upgrade a couple of spots on defense, maybe shore up the offensive line and have a healthy RB corp .

What do my fellow 12s think?

Depends, do we play the Niners to get to the SB? Then yes I’m all for ruining their amazing season if it means this team
that really wasn’t destined for greatness made it to the Sb and loss. As for WZ fans reading this meh.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":ud9x9btq said:
You always try to win as many games as you can, go as far as you can and win if possible. Nobody ever tries to lose no matter how dire the straights. That said of course your team is more vulnerable to a loss with lots of injures. Just as it is for any team with major injuries. Usually you just go as far as you can and the football will sort itself out. If you cannot advance past a certain round because of injuries and other things that will be so and be apparent. If you do advance that far you probably belong in that game.

Nobody wants to lose the Super Bowl. It's very painful. You have been to 2. You won one and lost one. I know how it feels as a 49ers fan. Winning that game is awesome. Just incredible. Losing the Super Bowl is far, far worse than losing the NFC Championship game. It's the deepest depths. To be oh so close and not be able to finish it off is terribly painful.

All that said I still think a playoff season and a deep playoff run is more fun. After years and years of being down the 49ers finally got Jim Harbaugh. While he didn't win the big one those were honestly exciting years for a fan. We were like 4 - 12, 5 - 11 for years before getting him. So getting to the NFC Championship game several times and the Super Bowl once was actually exciting for a fan. We lost some of those NFC Championship games (painful) and the Super Bowl (very, very painful). Still I think the run was fun and it was a lot more exciting than being 4 - 12. You had something to look forward to every year and the deep playoff runs were exciting. Do I feel bad about losing some of those deep playoff runs? Yeah of course. Still it was more excitement than being 4 - 12 and picking top 5 in the draft. You have nothing to look forward to all year long with that except the draft. You just write off the whole year. So keep it in perspective. Playoffs and deep playoff runs are not always guaranteed. Players get older, get hurt, get traded, you lose them free agency, coaches move on. Even great organizations are not guaranteed this every year.

So just keep it in perspective and enjoy the ride as far as it goes for as long as it goes. I always had fun with playoff runs.
We have been to Three SB's...Should have won all three too :irishdrinkers:

Latest posts