I have a crazy question for you

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
I have to say after all these responses , I have a different outlook . Lets see what these cameltoe boys can do.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
IndyHawk":14l6rqi6 said:
SanDiego49er":14l6rqi6 said:
You always try to win as many games as you can, go as far as you can and win if possible. Nobody ever tries to lose no matter how dire the straights. That said of course your team is more vulnerable to a loss with lots of injures. Just as it is for any team with major injuries. Usually you just go as far as you can and the football will sort itself out. If you cannot advance past a certain round because of injuries and other things that will be so and be apparent. If you do advance that far you probably belong in that game.

Nobody wants to lose the Super Bowl. It's very painful. You have been to 2. You won one and lost one. I know how it feels as a 49ers fan. Winning that game is awesome. Just incredible. Losing the Super Bowl is far, far worse than losing the NFC Championship game. It's the deepest depths. To be oh so close and not be able to finish it off is terribly painful.

All that said I still think a playoff season and a deep playoff run is more fun. After years and years of being down the 49ers finally got Jim Harbaugh. While he didn't win the big one those were honestly exciting years for a fan. We were like 4 - 12, 5 - 11 for years before getting him. So getting to the NFC Championship game several times and the Super Bowl once was actually exciting for a fan. We lost some of those NFC Championship games (painful) and the Super Bowl (very, very painful). Still I think the run was fun and it was a lot more exciting than being 4 - 12. You had something to look forward to every year and the deep playoff runs were exciting. Do I feel bad about losing some of those deep playoff runs? Yeah of course. Still it was more excitement than being 4 - 12 and picking top 5 in the draft. You have nothing to look forward to all year long with that except the draft. You just write off the whole year. So keep it in perspective. Playoffs and deep playoff runs are not always guaranteed. Players get older, get hurt, get traded, you lose them free agency, coaches move on. Even great organizations are not guaranteed this every year.

So just keep it in perspective and enjoy the ride as far as it goes for as long as it goes. I always had fun with playoff runs.
We have been to Three SB's...Should have won all three too :irishdrinkers:

Well I guess in the modern era or Pete Carroll era is what I mean. Holmgren is going a ways back. But yeah you were in it.

chris98251

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3gplvyhv said:
IndyHawk":3gplvyhv said:
SanDiego49er":3gplvyhv said:
You always try to win as many games as you can, go as far as you can and win if possible. Nobody ever tries to lose no matter how dire the straights. That said of course your team is more vulnerable to a loss with lots of injures. Just as it is for any team with major injuries. Usually you just go as far as you can and the football will sort itself out. If you cannot advance past a certain round because of injuries and other things that will be so and be apparent. If you do advance that far you probably belong in that game.

Nobody wants to lose the Super Bowl. It's very painful. You have been to 2. You won one and lost one. I know how it feels as a 49ers fan. Winning that game is awesome. Just incredible. Losing the Super Bowl is far, far worse than losing the NFC Championship game. It's the deepest depths. To be oh so close and not be able to finish it off is terribly painful.

All that said I still think a playoff season and a deep playoff run is more fun. After years and years of being down the 49ers finally got Jim Harbaugh. While he didn't win the big one those were honestly exciting years for a fan. We were like 4 - 12, 5 - 11 for years before getting him. So getting to the NFC Championship game several times and the Super Bowl once was actually exciting for a fan. We lost some of those NFC Championship games (painful) and the Super Bowl (very, very painful). Still I think the run was fun and it was a lot more exciting than being 4 - 12. You had something to look forward to every year and the deep playoff runs were exciting. Do I feel bad about losing some of those deep playoff runs? Yeah of course. Still it was more excitement than being 4 - 12 and picking top 5 in the draft. You have nothing to look forward to all year long with that except the draft. You just write off the whole year. So keep it in perspective. Playoffs and deep playoff runs are not always guaranteed. Players get older, get hurt, get traded, you lose them free agency, coaches move on. Even great organizations are not guaranteed this every year.

So just keep it in perspective and enjoy the ride as far as it goes for as long as it goes. I always had fun with playoff runs.
We have been to Three SB's...Should have won all three too :irishdrinkers:

Well I guess in the modern era or Pete Carroll era is what I mean. Holmgren is going a ways back. But yeah you were in it.

Holmgren had us in a Super Bowl in 2005 was 15 years ago, Modern Era to me, not like it was the 1950's.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sports history is full of no-chance, less-talented underdogs unexpectedly winning championship games, both in football and other sports. Sometimes it's a matchup advantage that nobody realized, going in; sometimes it's a fluke play (after keeping the game close somehow); sometimes its a FG missed by a foot on one side, and a FG made by a foot on the other side. Sometimes it's coaching brilliance, of figuring out a scheme for stopping an opponent, or a scheme for attacking an opponent's weakness. Sometimes it's a key injury or two during the game that changes the matchups; for the Seahawks, see: Marquand Manuel in SBXL, and Jeremy Lane in SB49.

The example of the Giants in 2007 beating the 18-0 Patriots. Even Patriots beating the Rams and the Greatest Show on turf early in Brady's career.

Outside of football, in the 1983 NCAA basketball final Jimmy Valvano's North Carolina State Wolfpack beating Houston and Hakeem Freakin' Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler on the last-second airball by Derek Wittenberg. How do you win a basketball game on a 30-foot airball?? With a teammate ready for it, and deciding it's an alley-oop pass to him for a buzzer-beating dunk!! Just make it to the big game, baby, and you got a chance.

Though not a championship game, the 2017 Vikings beating the Saints on Case freakin Keenum throwing a 70 yard TD pass for a walkoff TD, as the Saints DBs inexplicably whiff on Stefon Diggs.

And of course the classic Miracle On Ice.

If we get there, we have as good a chance as anyone.

Latest posts